Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I watched the first episode of Black Mirror. It's disgusting. I don't know if I will continue.
    Agreed. I didn't think I would make it through the first episode. But the other episodes are less horrific, I promise. I didn't even start with the first episode (which is unusual for me), so that's probably why I was able to continue with it.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

fgg

we watched all of the santa clarita diet this weekend. it was cute. the man in the high castle is slow as all hell! each episode feels 4 hours long. we got through the first season but haven't been able to do the second.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^I thought that was my problem, too, with Man in the High Castle. It's incredibly slow and every time I try to watch it I start doing something else.
    Beeyotch and palta like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

we're up to episode 3 in high castle but haven't thought about it being slow. the leading lady in it, the girl, her face looks like a lion or a cat. that's not an insult or a compliment, just something i think about as the show unfolds. i do think she's pretty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I still have to see the Ken Burns documentary, too, while we're at it.
    it's an incredible piece of work. just that he was able to get so much of the old video and pics to flow with the narration, it's like you're watching it happen. Tom Hanks, Samuel L. Jackson, Adam Arkin, Keith David and Josh Lucas are heard as voice actors reading contemporary newspaper articles, telegrams, letters from the front. Time magazine named it one of the top best series of 2007. I saw it on PBS, maybe it's on netflix or amazon. i was obsessed with it for weeks after i saw it. couldn't stop talking about it.

i'm also watching sopranos on hbo go. i never saw it before.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I love Ken Burns' Civil War series. I still watch it and it brings me to tears, so I'm sure I will love this documentary, too. If I can't get it streaming, I'll pick it up from the library. Actually just answered my own question...it's on Amazon Prime.

ETA - I started MITHC again, but stupidly started at episode 4. I'm so confused now. Sigh. I don't know why this is so hard! LOL

cool, glad you got it.

i saw ken burns's civil war documentary too. that was some really powerful shit. the letter one of the young soldiers wrote home to his mom while he was dying on the battlefield, i cried hearing what he wrote, he sounded so innocent.
    Last edited by panic; February 6th, 2017 at 06:42 PM.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Watched a British crime documentary series called Killer Couples. Its a bit slow, but interesting if you like shows like this. I was forcefully reminded of how badly The Moors Murders freak me out. I mean people like Bernardo and Homolka just piss me off but, for whatever reason, Ian Brady and Myra Hindley creep me out to no end. They also had a couple sets of killers I had never heard of before, so I am enjoying it.
    Sarzy, panic and Waterslide like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    cool, glad you got it.

i saw ken burns's civil war documentary too. that was some really powerful shit. the letter one of the young soldiers wrote home to his mom while he was dying on the battlefield, i cried hearing what he wrote, he sounded so innocent.
    I cried at the letters, too. I don't understand how people used to be so poetic and well-spoken, and it's not just my imagination, or wanting everything to be better back in the day. People really did spend time choosing their words carefully and attempted to be insightful. The letters are so painful, and the actors they chose to read them did such a great job of making them sound so personal.

ETA - how are you liking The Sopranos?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Watched a British crime documentary series called Killer Couples. Its a bit slow, but interesting if you like shows like this. I was forcefully reminded of how badly The Moors Murders freak me out. I mean people like Bernardo and Homolka just piss me off but, for whatever reason, Ian Brady and Myra Hindley creep me out to no end. They also had a couple sets of killers I had never heard of before, so I am enjoying it.
    I haven't watched this, but I think it's come up on my Netflix page. You know who really creep me out are Fred and Rosemary West. I don't know if they're featured on the show, but that was some messed up shit, too. But I agree with you about The Moors Murders, too.
    panic likes this.

oh, i need to see if that's on my netflix cause it sounds interesting.
    Waterslide likes this.

panic, I think you replied while I was editing my post and didn't see my question, but I was sincerely wondering if you were still watching Sopranos and what you thought of it? And now I'm being a pain in the ass by asking again. I loved that show so much when it was on, but it's been so long since I've seen it. I could watch it for the food alone.

I am in excruciating amounts of pain today, and took yesterday off, but thought it would be a swell plan to work today and now I'm just beat. Maybe I'll watch some episodes of that Killer Couples show tonight though. I wanted to read a book, but the book I'm reading right now is on my Kindle and I know I will fall asleep and drop it on my face, because that's what I always do, because I'm smooth like that.

While mindlessly sorting through a bunch of paperwork today, I watched Mercy Street on PBS. They stream the episodes for a while at their site and I'm pretty sure that you can watch all of Season 1 on Amazon Prime. I don't know if anyone here watches it? There are a couple of Civil War shows on right now, which makes me happy to see Americans actually making historical dramas. Anyway, I like it. I haven't kept up with Underground, but this one is about a Union Hospital after Alexandria was taken, so there is a lot of back and forth between the yankees and the south.

Binge watching CSI Miami...
    Beeyotch, Waterslide and gas_chick like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    panic, I think you replied while I was editing my post and didn't see my question, but I was sincerely wondering if you were still watching Sopranos and what you thought of it? And now I'm being a pain in the ass by asking again. I loved that show so much when it was on, but it's been so long since I've seen it. I could watch it for the food alone.
    oh sorry i missed that, no you're not a pain at all! yeah, i'm enjoying the show. i like the relationship between tony and dr. melfi, his psychiatrist. i also like seeing nurse jackie in this role. i remember watching nurse jackie, people would call her carmela and i'd be like, 'who?'

in the sopranos, chris moltisanti is my favorite character. i like the episode with sandra bernhard and janeane garafolo making a movie in tony's neighborhood and chris throwing in his two cents telling the director (jon favreau) to use the word 'buchiach' instead of 'bitch' in the movie.

i remember people talking about the finale of sopranos and saying how great it was because it tied up every loose end whereas 'Lost', another popular show at the time, or around that time, not sure, had such a lousy finale because it left unanswered questions. i haven't seen Lost but it's on netflix and i was thinking of watching it.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Binge watching CSI Miami...
    That show is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. It's so bad sometimes it's good and I find something really relaxing about it. I go through binge phases with it.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    oh sorry i missed that, no you're not a pain at all! yeah, i'm enjoying the show. i like the relationship between tony and dr. melfi, his psychiatrist. i also like seeing nurse jackie in this role. i remember watching nurse jackie, people would call her carmela and i'd be like, 'who?'

in the sopranos, chris moltisanti is my favorite character. i like the episode with sandra bernhard and janeane garafolo making a movie in tony's neighborhood and chris throwing in his two cents telling the director (jon favreau) to use the word 'buchiach' instead of 'bitch' in the movie.

i remember people talking about the finale of sopranos and saying how great it was because it tied up every loose end whereas 'Lost', another popular show at the time, or around that time, not sure, had such a lousy finale because it left unanswered questions. i haven't seen Lost but it's on netflix and i was thinking of watching it.
    No need to apologize. Just didn't want to double post. But oh God, I LOVED Chris Moltisanti and I get excited every time I see Michael Imperioli's face. I forgot about that Jon Favreau bit. LOL I need to rewatch it while I have HBO (i.e., as long as Game of Thrones exists, I guess). I also like Joey Pants a lot because he's such a pain in the ass. It was such a different take on mob life, but I thought it was very realistic, at least in the first seasons from the clothes (esp. the velour jogging suits) to the slang to the food. To be honest, I never got around to watching the last season for one reason or another, but I read that people really liked the finale. I will have to make some lasagne (or rigotte) and binge watch from the beginning. I miss that show...
    panic likes this.

oh yeah, you have to see the last season. i'm on season 3 right now. by the way, i heard on howard that he is watching the sopranos all over again. he already saw it but he says he started watching it and doesn't remember any of it so he's enjoying as if seeing it for the first time.
    Waterslide likes this.

Elite Member

Netlix - Knowing - Nicholas Cage. It was pretty good. Kinda a psychological/horror/paranormal/sci-fi kinda thing. Backdrop, a little girl fifty years ago contributes to a time capsule at her elementary school. This child is a chosen by some outer=world power. Fifty years later, Cage's movie son is part of the opening of the time capsule and he receives what the little girl placed into the canister. It's a double page of numbers. Cage is a scientist at MIT, he figures it out, the numbers are dates of disasters in the last fifty years with two left. Interesting concept. Reminded me of Person of Interest but the numbers are for disasters instead of people.

Thread Information