Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    you almost can't discuss it without spoiling it, but it was fascinating social commentary in an Orwellian vein.
    i agree.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I hope so. I'm just going by the S3 trailer with Bryce Dallas Howard, which seemed to be about her fixation on social media in a future dystopia. I haven't watched beyond S1.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Wait, you JUST started watching Sunny? I freaking love that show. There are countless amazing episodes. Please check back in when you've seen The Nightman ep..
    The Christmas episode was fall on the floor funny. Especially when Charlie asked the Santa if he F88ked his mom, and then proceeded to bite his ear off. These kids are curdled!!!

Honorable mention to the episode about Frank's black girlfriend, Shadynasty!!
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

The young Pope, so good!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Honorable mention to the episode about Frank's black girlfriend, Shadynasty!!
    That's one of my favorites.....the clothes and wigs on Frank and his brother fucking kill me.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I hope so. I'm just going by the S3 trailer with Bryce Dallas Howard, which seemed to be about her fixation on social media in a future dystopia. I haven't watched beyond S1.
    That episode is about humiliation too
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

^Well damn what is wrong with the Black Mirror writers? Seriously, they must get something out of it if they keep revisiting the same theme or slant. It's disturbing and kind of strikes me as sadistic.
    palta likes this.

I think the show is about what we're doing to ourselves, or what we're allowing to happen to ourselves through technology and social media. The Bryce Dallas Howard episode is about humiliation, but it's not sexual at least. It's more like what your life would be like if it were measured in likes and follows. I don't think that's giving too much away.

I just finished all of them and my mind is kind of blown. I think that show really needs it's own thread.
    panic likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I watched one episode of Black Mirror, but it wasn't the first one. It's on my list, though.

I did start watching Skins here and there.
    UK version? Don't forget that the age of consent in the UK is 16, unlike Denise Richards that tweeted about a disgusting program on child abuse or some such.....

Maybe I'll try to watch it tonight if I don't fall asleep before TV-watching time happens. Seriously, I have wanted to see that show for a while.
    IKR - I sit down to eat my tea + have to be careful not to shut my eye as my dinner ends up on the floor / in the dog / etc

I don't think it's available to stream outside the UK yet (you might be able to download it?) but bbc1 9pm "Taboo" with Tom Hardy looks good

But when I go to bed..... WIDEAWAKE!!!!!!
    Waterslide likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    UK version? Don't forget that the age of consent in the UK is 16, unlike Denise Richards that tweeted about a disgusting program on child abuse or some such.....

IKR - I sit down to eat my tea + have to be careful not to shut my eye as my dinner ends up on the floor / in the dog / etc

I don't think it's available to stream outside the UK yet (you might be able to download it?) but bbc1 9pm "Taboo" with Tom Hardy looks good

But when I go to bed..... WIDEAWAKE!!!!!!
    Demise got her knickers in a twist over Skins? FFS. What a moron. I knew the age thing was younger in the UK, and I wasn't bothered by any of it, but it reminds me a lot of Fast Times at Ridgemont High or Can't Hardly Wait or various other 80s films. There was a time in America where we actually depicted halfway realistic (consensual!!!) teen sex in movies and even TV without the religious nutjobs dislocating their pearl-clutching fingers over it. We don't have too much to look forward to in the way of progress. Alas.

Oh, I know how you feel. I come home, maybe eat dinner, maybe take a shower, and it's eyes shut...and then I'm wide awake at 10-12 and want to start cleaning out closets and writing novels and making cakes...Ugh. Then I go back to bed after a few shots of something and oversleep. I wish I could survive on two hours sleep like other people do. I would get so much more done.

And...OMG! I am so so SO hyped about this Tom Hardy show that will be on Tuesday! I want to see this so bad I can taste it. He does look damn good and very badass. I think they're showing it on FX, so I am so thankful I won't have to wait too long on that.

BTW, what did you think of Peaky Blinders?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

fgg

we watched fauda on netflix. very interesting.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    The young Pope, so good!
    i really want to watch that!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i really want to watch that!
    I sometimes have to remember to close my mouth, the young pope is so evil. Tonight there was even a reference how he doesn't use twitter.
    sputnik likes this.

I also can't wait to see that Jude Law Pope show. He looks absolutely insane and evil in the previews.

Fauda is in my cue.

After Black Mirror, I was in the dreaded limbo of not knowing what to watch next, so I started Paranoid. Haven't gotten far with that, though.

OMG, Louis C.K. -

I'm watching the episode where he shuts down the female heckler...DAMN!!
    palta likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Thread Information