Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I agree. I watched the whole series, and was happy about it. Now the more I ponder what I saw, and re-watched many parts of, I now think was pretty weird. I didn't really like the ending and I have a big question I don't hear anyone asking and it's like wth? Meh, whatever. Next!
    What's the question you have? I have a lot of questions about the show, but they're sort of hard to formulate into words for some reason. I think I need to re-watch or read some recaps or something, maybe that would help me.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This show is sick.
    Sick as in bad or sick as in amazing? I've never heard anything bad about it, but I never got around to watching it myself.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

fgg

^there are many cringe-worthy moments in the show but overall, it is pretty funny.
    BITTER and Waterslide like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I agree. I watched the whole series, and was happy about it. Now the more I ponder what I saw, and re-watched many parts of, I now think was pretty weird. I didn't really like the ending and I have a big question I don't hear anyone asking and it's like wth? Meh, whatever. Next!
    Now I need to know your question...
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Sick as in bad or sick as in amazing? I've never heard anything bad about it, but I never got around to watching it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    ^there are many cringe-worthy moments in the show but overall, it is pretty funny.
    What fgg said...it's kinda sorta lowbrow Seinfeld...but it's got some hysterical moments.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I just discovered Acorn tv and have been binge watching Agatha Raisin. I hope there is a second season

I wish they'd get The Boondocks.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Carrie Fishers show Wishful Drinking is on HBO Now. It's entertaining.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I will still have to give It's Always Sunny a try. I think I'd probably like it.

I am still trudging through The Fall. It's slow, slow, slow. And kind of predictable. So far. I don't even know what episode I'm on at this point.

My work week has been odd so I've been watching Six Wives with Lucy Worsley on YouTube while doing other stuff. I don't know if we want to add YouTube into this streaming list, but I watch a lot of BBC history docs that way, because otherwise I'd have to wait months and years (even with BBC America) to see half of them. Anyway, this one is OK, but I don't think I've learnt anything new so far. I wonder if you guys in the UK get sick of the endless amount of documentaries on Henry VIII and his wives? lol I like Lucy (and her speech impediment) and Susannah Lipscomb (sp), though. And on Netflix there were a couple documentaries with Dan Jones who did a one about the Plantagenets I think, and another about castles.
    BITTER likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Elite Member

I finished "Bloodline" last night. One of the most irritating series I've ever watched. All the characters were the same, just different actors. Not one role had any likable qualities. I'll admit Kyle Chandler did a great job. I hoped he was the protagonist, but nope. The sister, can't recall her name, she's supposed to be this 'beauty' but the actress is about as homely and unattractive as possible. All the characters on the show appeared so dirty and grimy. I could smell them. They all needed a shower. Kevin was the worst. Gross. Sissy Spacek played a moron. I don't know any other way to describe the character.

I had Sense8 on my cue, removing it. Shows have way too much sex and not enough quality. Getting old, very fast.

I'm headed towards 'Damages'. I watched the first season years ago. Going back. I love Glenn Close.

I loved the first season of damages. I watched the first couple episodes of the second season and stopped. I don't remember why now. But season one was way worth it. It cracked me up how all the characters would sit around with giant tumblers full of whiskey and never get drunk.
    Alysheba and sputnik like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This show is sick.
    Wait, you JUST started watching Sunny? I freaking love that show. There are countless amazing episodes. Please check back in when you've seen The Nightman ep..
    teforde23 and BBDSP like this.

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    I just discovered Acorn tv and have been binge watching Agatha Raisin. I hope there is a second season
    Acorn tv?

I loved the xmas special for Agatha Rasin, but the tv show got a bit samey to me - but maybe it was because I was distracted?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agatha_Raisin_(TV_series)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I will still have to give It's Always Sunny a try. I think I'd probably like it.

I am still trudging through The Fall. It's slow, slow, slow. And kind of predictable. So far. I don't even know what episode I'm on at this point.

My work week has been odd so I've been watching Six Wives with Lucy Worsley on YouTube while doing other stuff. I don't know if we want to add YouTube into this streaming list, but I watch a lot of BBC history docs that way, because otherwise I'd have to wait months and years (even with BBC America) to see half of them. Anyway, this one is OK, but I don't think I've learnt anything new so far. I wonder if you guys in the UK get sick of the endless amount of documentaries on Henry VIII and his wives? lol I like Lucy (and her speech impediment) and Susannah Lipscomb (sp), though. And on Netflix there were a couple documentaries with Dan Jones who did a one about the Plantagenets I think, and another about castles.
    Lucy Worsley is really good, I think, on balance I prefer Amanda Vickery she also does radio programs & did a fascinating one on the old cases in the Old Bailey. BBC Radio 4 Extra - Amanda Vickery - A History of Private Life - Episode guide

Dan Snow is also excellent.

Waterslide likes this.
    Free Charmed.

The Expanse on amazon, though season 2 is supposed to be on Netflix. I highly recommend it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Acorn tv?

I loved the xmas special for Agatha Rasin, but the tv show got a bit samey to me - but maybe it was because I was distracted?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agatha_Raisin_(TV_series)

Lucy Worsley is really good, I think, on balance I prefer Amanda Vickery she also does radio programs & did a fascinating one on the old cases in the Old Bailey. BBC Radio 4 Extra - Amanda Vickery - A History of Private Life - Episode guide

Dan Snow is also excellent.

Yes! I love Amanda Vickery, too! I loved her series about Georgian homes. I wonder if I can get the BBC 4 radio stuff here. I have been able to get some of it, but sometimes, they don't like my American IP. (As a side note about BBC 4, they did a reading of Georgette Heyer's Friday's Child with James Frain, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to listen to it. I almost wrote a letter to BBC begging for it. It's super old though.)

I don't know if I've seen any documentaries from Dan Snow, but I did see him on a quiz show that focused on the Tudors, (which also had Lucy Worsley). The Great History Quiz was the title and I loved it! I wish we had shows like that here about American history and I think the format would work well with our Civil War or Revolution. And thanks for the suggestions! I bet I can scour the internet and find a lot of this on YouTube and maybe even Netflix or Amazon if I look around enough. I have an insatiable appetite for all of this.

Acorn TV is a subscription service which I get through Amazon Prime, but I think they also offer it through Hulu. It's a lot of British crime dramas and mysteries and some documentaries. I need to go see what new stuff they've added, because I've exhausted a lot of the documentaries on there. One that I did see was She-Wolves with Helen Castor - so I went out and bought that book toute de suite.

Last thing I finished on Netflix was The Fall and I feel like I should get some kind of reward for enduring that whole godawful thing. I love Gillian Anderson, but that show as like one badly written episode of Criminal Minds spread over 3 seasons. And the ending sucks balls. And I just can't get into Jamie Dornan at all.
    ~Manx Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Wait, you JUST started watching Sunny? I freaking love that show. There are countless amazing episodes. Please check back in when you've seen The Nightman ep..
    Best episode ever.
    Beeyotch, BBDSP and dolem like this.

Thread Information