Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

I'm obsessed with Sense8. Binged it all in one weekend.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I wanted to rewatch the series before the 23rd, just for fun, but I don't think there are enough hours in the day for that. But I'm off on Friday, so I guess I could do some gift wrapping and binge again...
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I thought I saw a post here about The OA but can't find it now. I just finished it the other day, and wow! It was pretty, pretty, pretty good. It's a Netflix original. Anyone here watched it yet?
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

^Nope, not yet. What exactly is it about? I couldn't figure out if it's sci fi or fantasy or what?

Almost done with The Night Manager (free on Amazon Prime). I feel like even with the OTT parts, this is what Homeland could have been. Hugh Laurie is a villain, Tom Hiddleston looks hot (even when distractingly orange in the face), and I think I like this Elizabeth Debicki chick. I swear I only first heard of her a couple of weeks ago in some fashion thread*, but in the last couple of weeks, I've seen her in this and The Kettering Incident. She's kind of like a cross between what Gwyneth Paltrow wishes she looked and acted like and Brienne from Game of Thrones. I like her comportment. Anyway, it's a great cast and I'm sad it's so short.

*Google tells me I saw her in Everest, and I do remember who she plays in that, but for someone as obsessed as I am with all things Everest, that movie was really forgettable.
    Last edited by Waterslide; December 22nd, 2016 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Amazon Prime
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

I feel like if I say anything it will give away too much. Hmm. It's not sci-fi per se. I think parts of it could actually happen. It isn't fantasy. The first ep. is strange for about 40 minutes, then it gets freaken awesome! I heard great things from friends and just went in blind. Which I totally recommend. Don't watch the trailer. It gives too much away and that's no fun imo. I watched the whole thing on Monday. There are like 9 episodes.
    Waterslide likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I have 4 days off, so I am going to try to give it a go.
    sprynkles likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

I'm re-watching the first ep now. I did have some questions after it ended. I do surf a lot while watching tv so I could have missed certain things. But with this show for the most part I actually would stop all activity and watch.
    Waterslide likes this.

I'm definitely going to start it today or tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it and I think I'm in the right frame of mind for it. I have shows like that, too. Most shows I'm multitasking, but I have a few I just stop and watch.

I re-watched most of Sense8 as a refresher for the Christmas special that I have yet to see, but I think I am loving it more the second time around than the first. For some reason, this show really gets me on an emotional level. I think I just love the concept of having 7 other selves having your back all the time.
    ~Manx Mouse

fgg

we couldn't make it through the first episode of sense8 season 2. it was a straight up orgy every other scene. i don't know why they took it there when season 1 was so good.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I binged watched OA. It certainly kept my interest. Well done story telling. It's one of those pieces where (I think) the parts that bother you are supposed to bother you. By that I mean, there were times where I was like oh come on, but that is the point. What is real and what isn't? Is this crazy or just beyond our normal understanding of things? Hard to talk about w/o giving it away. It's worth a watch.

The Mr. is way into Westworld. I watched 2 episodes and got bored. Interesting premise, I just didn't care, lol.

I watched The Crown. I was meh on it. I watched the entire season over a few weeks and it was a nice night time tonic to put me to sleep. I love period pieces and Elizabeth is a fascinating figure IRL (to me) so I enjoyed it for the most part but can't say I loved it. I really ended up not liking Philip very much. You married the future queen, what did you expect? Also, Churchill is an obnoxious bore or maybe it's just the way Lithgow plays him.
    Waterslide likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    we couldn't make it through the first episode of sense8 season 2. it was a straight up orgy every other scene. i don't know why they took it there when season 1 was so good.
    Yeah, it felt more like a very long trailer with lots of orgies. It was nice to see everybody, but it didn't do too much to further the plot, I didn't think. I didn't mind the sex in season 1, and I think it has a place on the show, but I think if there were less of it, it would provide more impact for the story itself. And as far as the Christmas special goes, I feel like we've already seen that orgy before? More or less? Oh well, I'm still looking forward to the rest of season 2.

I did manage to watch OA and liked it in a really trippy, dreamy way. It reminded me a lot of one of the other Brit Marling projects I had seen which was The Sound of my Voice, (spoilers?): which is also about a girl spinning an unsettling and unlikely spiritual yarn. I did enjoy it a lot. I like those kinds of "what if" stories.

ETA - @CFG, Westworld does get better, but it was one of the slowest shows I've watched in my life. If I weren't multitasking, I couldn't have sat through it, I don't think.
    sprynkles likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

I'm on the OA ep3 and I'm watching because I've started it. Sort of meh, and perfect for background tv while doing housework. Ridiculous at parts...

The interpretive dance numbers were a little odd, but I gave the show some latitude on that since I'm not into that sort of thing.
    ~Manx Mouse

I agree. I watched the whole series, and was happy about it. Now the more I ponder what I saw, and re-watched many parts of, I now think was pretty weird. I didn't really like the ending and I have a big question I don't hear anyone asking and it's like wth? Meh, whatever. Next!
    Waterslide likes this.

Started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This show is sick.
    BBDSP likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Thread Information