Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Just before season 3, I binge-watched Once Upon a Time on Netflix. Oddly enough, that's the only one I've truly binged on. I got both seasons watched in just over a week in time for the premier of season 3. After all that, it was hard to go down to only seeing it once a week at best.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I started watching Fringe earlier this year and then it totally lost me at the last season. As of now, I have zero motivation to watch past the 3rd episode of season 5. It just got way out there for me. Maybe I'll try it again.

*corrected that to season 5 as the last season. I started re-watching and yep, season 5 just does nothing for me. Maybe it's just too depressing to think an army of oppressive drones ruling the earth, hits a nerve on a figurative level.
    Last edited by Beeyotch; September 15th, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

Is Foyle's War any good? I'm thinking of starting on it once I've finished Midsomer. Or even as something to alternate with Midsomer as I'm going to be pissed when it's over and I want it to go by slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I started watching Fringe earlier this year and then it totally lost me at the last season. As of now, I have zero motivation to watch past the 4th epi of season 4. It just got way out there for me. Maybe I'll try it again.
    Same thing happened to me when I was watching it. I just read the ending on Wikipedia.

I wanted to catch up on Sons of Anarchy before the new season started. I only watched a couple episodes last year because, ya know, life interfered. Then my DVR deleted the ones I missed. FX sucks because they don't re-air the episodes, they didn't do a marathon before the season started and they haven't given the rights to Netflix yet. They only have up to season 5. I've finished Orange is the New Black and House of Cards. I still need to catch up on Walking Dead, that's another one that I had to give up because I couldn't watch it around the kid and by the time she crashes, I crash. I think I'm going to catch the recent episodes of Californication, watch Fargo (is that on Netflix), and watch the Blacklist. That one looks pretty good.

Also, I need to watch True Detective and Game of Thrones. Whew, that's a lot.

True Detective was the shit, so worth it. I'm curious about Californication. I've caught a few episodes here and there over the years and really liked them. Plus the Duchovny eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Walter Bishop, played by John Noble, was one of the best characters on T.V.
    Yes! I love him, but I couldn't watch past season 4.

mjw
    Elite Member

For those that like old horror films...

Black Sunday
    White Zombie
    House on Haunted Hill
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Just binge watched Happy Valleys. Thank you to the poster who suggested it. I'm far too lazy to go back and check.

Please tell me there's a season 2!!?!?!

This post has not been proofread

Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah_blah View Post
    Just binge watched Happy Valleys. Thank you to the poster who suggested it. I'm far too lazy to go back and check.

Please tell me there's a season 2!!?!?!
    That was me. Glad you enjoyed it! Yes they are going to make season two to be broadcast next year.

True Detective was the shit, so worth it. I'm curious about Californication. I've caught a few episodes here and there over the years and really liked them. Plus the Duchovny eye candy.
    I'm starting it tonight. My SO was all over that show. I loved the first few years of Californication. I would recommend those, but then it got stupid and predictable. I still want to watch it, for the Ducandy () and because I want to see how they wrap this mess up.

My daughters and I have watched several seasons of shows the last few years. We get the dvds though...no high speed internet where we live, except limited data cap each month. So can't stream without owing a 1,000 bucks a month...lol

We have watched:

The Big Bang Theory
    Castle
    Revenge
    Once Upon a Time
    Las Vegas
    Nashville
    Heroes
    Smallville
    Parenthood
    The Walking Dead
    Friday Night Lights (which I now own the seasons...Tim Riggins/Taylor Kitsch...HOT!!!)
    True Blood (I watched this one w/out the kiddos)

We are getting ready to watch the 3rd season of Grimm. We missed the last several shows of last season. It doesn't start season 4 on NBC until October,...so we should be good!

There are several we want to do after Grimm,...but I think we will be starting Supernatural.

I started watching The Leftovers last night. Its on HBO Go, not Netflix. its the one starring Chinniston's piece. He's not a horrible actor, but he's still oozing douche and skeeving me out. Luckily he's not in every scene even though he is the top-billed star. I'm enjoying it in a rather frustrated way since I wish they were giving more answers more quickly. But its an interesting show overall.

Quote Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
    I wish Sex in the City was streaming. I watched the whole series on DVD a few years ago, and I'd like to watch it again.
    Sex and the City is always available on HBO Go. All HBO original series are. Every episode of every original show.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I heard that HBO was finally getting ready to allow streaming only subscribers instead of requiring a cable subscription for everyone. That would be beyond awesome. And another death blow to cable. I loathe the cable company so I'm glad to see them taking another hit.

I started watching Fringe earlier this year and then it totally lost me at the last season. As of now, I have zero motivation to watch past the 3rd episode of season 5. It just got way out there for me. Maybe I'll try it again.

*corrected that to season 5 as the last season. I started re-watching and yep, season 5 just does nothing for me. Maybe it's just too depressing to think an army of oppressive drones ruling the earth, hits a nerve on a figurative level.
    Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    Same thing happened to me when I was watching it. I just read the ending on Wikipedia.
    I was a die-hard fan from the beginning and had to DVR the last season. I also could only make it to a few eps on the last season because it just lost me. I have a soft spot for this show and have always wanted to finish it in the right way but just can't bring myself. Might have to check out Wiki...

I'm pissed Sons of Anarchy Season 6 isn't on Netflix yet. You have to pay OnDemand too!!! So lame. This is one I've been waiting for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information