Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Why not spend a few extra and get the commercial free Hulu. It's a joy. I am so going to check out that show^^^

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I think originally it was the principle of the matter. lol But yeah, it wouldn't hurt to do that. It's not that much more.

I hope you like The Path. I hate it when I suggest something and people don't like it, but I enjoyed it and was sad when it came to the end of the season. i'm almost positive there will be a season 2. I've seen lots of documentaries about this kind of stuff, but I think you really see the weirdest of the weird watching those, and this is more about what it would be like to live a relatively normal everyday, picket-fence sort of experience in a cult, which is bizarre and unsettling all on its own.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I just watched Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me. It tore my heart out.

I know people might scoff but it was a lot of what my little dog went through, the canine equivalent of alzheimer's. You knew them as such a bright presence, and they just don't know where they are or what's going on, they're so confused. And it just breaks you to watch it happen.

The Fall season 3 is on Netflix now, watched the first two episodes last night. It took me about half an hour to remember where it had left off...
    palta, fgg, Alysheba and 1 others like this.

Watched I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House. Good movie for Halloween night. Not big on plot, but does suspense and creepy really well. I enjoyed it.

I started watching the first 2 seasons of The Killing. But as soon as they solved the Rosie Larsen murder I wasn't much interested; the first episode of Season 3 didn't do much for me. Is it worth sticking with it?
    Waterslide and sputnik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Watched I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House. Good movie for Halloween night. Not big on plot, but does suspense and creepy really well. I enjoyed it.

I started watching the first 2 seasons of The Killing. But as soon as they solved the Rosie Larsen murder I wasn't much interested; the first episode of Season 3 didn't do much for me. Is it worth sticking with it?
    I'm going to look for the movie you mentioned above, it's hard to find decent spooky movies imo. I finished the entire series of The Killing, but I could not tell you what happens or if it was worth it. I know that I did enjoy it and was curious to see how it ended. At least I remember it ending a certain way...ha, now when I Google it I am seeing episodes that I don't remember.

Elite Member

The Fall - Season 3. So far so good.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

fgg

^we have one episode to go. really good.
    Alysheba and MmeVertigina like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Just came in here to find out if anyone watched I Am the Pretty Thing. I'll check it out.

I liked The Killing mostly for the ambiance I think. The plot is always convoluted, but I liked the ending of the series. I can't even remember what happened in season 3, though.

I thought The Fall had ended completely with the previous season, so I was all kinds of confused when I kept reading things about it filming, being released, etc. In my mind, it actually came to a complete conclusion, so I'm wondering what I'm making up about it. I have no recollection of much of that second season I guess. If I watch the last season, I will have to go read some recaps or something I guess.
    MmeVertigina and sputnik like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

fgg

we watched dr. foster (bbc) this weekend. i can't remember if it was on amazon or netflix.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

i need a good plot but suspense and creepy is nothing to sneeze at. i might have to check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I liked The Killing mostly for the ambiance I think. The plot is always convoluted, but I liked the ending of the series. I can't even remember what happened in season 3, though.
    season 3 was the season with the runaway girl, and other murderous activities. I agree about the ambiance. a shroud of general creepiness always loomed over every episode, which I like, and the relationship between linden and holder was interesting, even though there wasn't much of one, except for the cases, and i always wanted them to realize they were each other's best friend. The series finale was very satisfying for me.

i wanna see the fall, in treatment, and other stuff.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    we watched dr. foster (bbc) this weekend. i can't remember if it was on amazon or netflix.
    Suranne Jones ("Coronation Street") stars as Dr. Gemma Foster in this mystery-drama series that leads the protagonist down a dark path. Dr. Foster seems to have the perfect life; she is a trusted GP, has many friends and a settled family -- until her husband starts acting suspiciously. The doctor begins to think her husband is having an affair and decides to investigate, but the secrets she uncovers tear her world apart. Gemma's life goes into turmoil as she gets closer to discovering the truth, with her family and patients all suffering as a result of the shocking events that unfold.
    This one, correct? ^ Sounds really good!
    fgg likes this.

I've got one episode to go in Goliath on Amazon. It's terrible, but I feel compelled to finish it. TERRIBLE. William Hurt is one of my favorite actors and he is just not doing it for me here - all he needs is a literal mustache to twirl.

fgg

^we felt the same way when goliath started but i ended up enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    i need a good plot but suspense and creepy is nothing to sneeze at. i might have to check it.

season 3 was the season with the runaway girl, and other murderous activities. I agree about the ambiance. a shroud of general creepiness always loomed over every episode, which I like, and the relationship between linden and holder was interesting, even though there wasn't much of one, except for the cases, and i always wanted them to realize they were each other's best friend. The series finale was very satisfying for me.

i wanna see the fall, in treatment, and other stuff.
    Oh now I remember that season! And I definitely agree that the series finale was very satisfying.

I watched one episode of Dr. Foster and I wasn't sure if it was going to pick up speed or what, but I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten to the plot twist yet.

Going in a completely different direction (for me lately anyway), I started watching Trailer Park Boys. It's kind of like The Big Lebowski meets Jackass, but with 100% more Canada. And I've recognized some of the quotes and faces from the sigs at this board, I think.

Thread Information