Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree498Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

fgg

we watched the whole love series and i'll watch season 2. i'm with you on the love/hate but i think that is part of why i ended up liking it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Love, a Netflix Original Series. I kinda like it and I kinda hate it. The male title character is a dorky looking guy who is totally a self-centered, manipulative asshole with no redeeming qualities. The female lead has her issues as well, but seems to be genuinely a nice person behind all of her fucks ups. I really love the Australia bff/roomie who is played by a real Aussie, Claudia O'Doherty, who is just wonderful. I'm kind of torn on even whether to recommend this show or not. Someone else watch for me and tell me if it deserves a rec.
    Judd Apatow has been tweeting about Love like crazy. I will start it this weekend.

I have a love/hate things for Girls on HBO, and Kimmy Schmidt. The love wins out and I keep watching.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

On Hulu, 11.22.63 an 8 part adaptation of a Stephen King novel.
    "High school teacher Jake Epping travels back in time to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy - but his mission is threatened by Lee Harvey Oswald, falling in love, and the past itself, which doesn't want to be changed and shouldn't be changed."
    It's being released on Hulu every Monday, so it's not something you can binge watch unfortunately but I've seen the first episode and it was really interesting.
    James Franco plays Jake and he's friends with a guy who owns a diner and way back in that diner's food pantry, there's a time portal to October, 1960. It's always the same day and time when you go back there, so it you want to stop the assassination of JFK, you have to be there in that time for 3 years (although only 2 minutes have passed in this time) Also, once you come back to the present, if you've changed history it will only stick if you don't go back through the portal again, going back through the portal resets everything.
    Each episode is apparently going to be about Jake trying to figure out if Lee Harvey Oswald is really responsible for JFK's death and if he is, then he's supposed to kill him but he discovered that things were more complicated than that in the first episode with maybe the CIA being involved with hiring Oswald, the usual conspiracy theory stuff.
    What I liked about the show is that there's also other stories going on that Jake gets involved in such as one of his students (Jake's an adult education teacher) was involved in a horrible crime in 1960 where the student's whole family was murdered by his father on Halloween, so Jake's going to see if he can prevent that while he's there looking for JFK's killer.
    I enjoyed the first episode, it was intriguing enough for me to stick around and watch the rest. I just hope it ends better than the usual Stephen King adaptations that seem to die out by the end.

I discovered this Netflix original show - Cooked. It was a really interesting look at the role that cooking plays in our cultures across the world, and the way we have changed our cooking styles with technological innovation and what is being sold to us through consumerism.

Flaked, a Netflix original series starring Will Arnett. I kinda like it and who knew Arnett was hot as fuck? Cause, damn.
    gas_chick, fgg and BelledeJour like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I knew!!!!
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Uh huh, back off cause I'm taking this one too.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hey I saw him first!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Yeah, but I'm eviler and will cut a bitch. That's why my avvy is stabby.
    Sassiness and msdeb like this.

Sassiness likes this.

Has anyone been watching 11.22.63 on Hulu? It's actually pretty good but people who've read the book(by Stephen King) say the book's better. What I like about the concept is that time itself, the past, which Jake's trying to change in keeping JFK alive, pushes back at him, it's not supposed to be changed so things start to happen to him, where he almost gets killed or other things especially as he gets involved more and more with people in the past.
    I'm a sucker for time traveling sci-fi so maybe that's why I seem to like the show more than others.

^I watched the first episode and it was ok, even if i can't stand Franco.

DAREDEVIL

SEASON 2

THE PUNISHER

Dude, binge the fuck out of it. It's better than season 1.
    NoDayButToday likes this.

Never finished the first season cause I got bored.

Murder, She Wrote. I love this show so much.
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.

Thread Information