Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree1087Likes

Thread: Streaming services (Netflix, Prime, Hulu): What to watch

Yes, Chuck! That's another one if my moms faves. I've seen several episodes while I'm over there and it looks really good.

Oh and for anyone that has Hulu, QuickDraw and The Straits are my must watch on there.
    Butterfly likes this.

Just watched the first epi of Blacklist and it was really good!
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Gilmore Girls is coming to Netflix on October 1st. I might as well chain myself to my couch.

Netflix UK has got nothing on the Mexican and Canadian version. I don't know what sleep is anymore.

I'm half way through Rectify and I watched all of Veronica Mars. I've watched a couple of episodes of Skins and quite a few episodes of 24 too.

As for films, the Danish version has Gravity so I'm waiting for movie night to watch that.

This post has not been proofread

I'm watching Veronica Mars too, it's on every weekday. I'm halfway through season 2 but I'm waiting until the end to finish the whole thing. That's kinda like Netflix, right. *sobs quietly*
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^^ Defo like Netflix. LOL

Have you watched it before?

This post has not been proofread

Happy Valley is a good little British drama. Best I've seen for a long while. Don't be fooled by the name though, it's not at all happy. If you like stuff like the Danish version of The Killing you'll probably enjoy it.

Good thread idea by the way!

Netflix house here too . Just finished season 2 of Orange is the New Black. Good season. Lot less Piper (she annoys the shit out of me most of the time), and lot more back stories.

Before that i re-watched the entire Fringe series. Such an underrated little show. Walter Bishop, played by John Noble, was one of the best characters on T.V.

ETA: for those of you living in some third world country that doesn't have Netflix , here in the Land of Milk and Honey, you can access through Playstation (maybe PS2?). Maybe that will work for you poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kat* View Post
    Gilmore Girls is coming to Netflix on October 1st. I might as well chain myself to my couch.
    Oh man. I have the whole series on DVD, but it's just so much easier and more organized with Netflix. I watched GG when it was on the air and have rewatched the entire series on DVD 3-4 times. I guess I'm going to wind up watching it 3-4 more times over.
    *Kat* likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I recommend a little gem called Derek. It's Ricky Gervais being different and I think it's very good. Touching, funny, sad, challenging, unexpected, gentle, shocking, brilliant.
    I will give this brilliant little show by Ricky a second recommendation. My daughter got me going on it.

And House of Cards if you are into political mumbo-jumbo. Plus, Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright portray their character brilliantly, which is worth it alone.
    KrisNine likes this.

Elite Member

Friday Night Lights is one of the best shows I've ever seen. My son and I watched it all the way through on Netflix. I never saw it when it was on network TV. It's about football, but football is just the backdrop for all the drama. There are some really amazing performances on this show.

Also Breaking Bad. Watched it all on Netflix. Twice. It's that good.

And Bates Motel is pretty good. It's a Psycho prequel and I really like the characters of Norma and Norman set in this quirky little town. It's interesting how they costume them in an old-fashioned way, but everyone's got I-phones and internet. Watching Norman "become" Norman Bates is fascinating. He's kind of a sweet, cute kid who's a little socially awkward and you really like his character. Even "Mother" Norma is pretty likable.

I wish Sex in the City was streaming. I watched the whole series on DVD a few years ago, and I'd like to watch it again.
    card likes this.

We're binging on the Ron Swanson show(what do you mean it's called Parks and Rec?) at the moment. Over the last year we've watched Chuck, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Luther, Psych, Dexter, House of Cards. On my to watch list are The Killing, Scandal, and Gilmore Girl(once it's out)

We also watch The Wire on Amazon instant watch, my husband just finished Rome and is in the middle of Deadwood. They have a ton of HBO shows streaming now.

Ive seen....
    Wallander
    Californication
    Veronica Mars
    Weeds
    Dexter
    The Killing
    Rectify
    Skins
    Orange is the New Black
    House of Cards
    Breaking Bad
    Bones
    Charmed
    Walking Dead
    Hell on Wheels
    Fringe
    Vampire Dairies
    Hemlock grove
    Lost
    Downtown Abby
    Nashville
    (british) Being Human
    Glee

... and way too many movies to list. Believe it or not the ones I lost interest in half way is Breaking Bad, bones, Fringe and Walking Dead. The rest I've watched all shows.
    On the US netflix, I was able to watch Sons of Anarchy, loved it.

Right now I'm checking out Ramsay's Best Restaurants to appease the foodie in me.

I'm Canadian and I get American Netflix. I got hola unblocker. I recommend it for Canadians wanting U.S Netflix. It's so much better than ours.
    I'm a Documentary junkie so I mostly watch them. I just finished Ken Burns West. Fascinating. Loved watching his Civil War documentary too. Also recommend Bridegroom, So much So fast (about ALS) An Idiot Abroad,Pageant ( about a drag queen pageant) Mortified Nation (Loved It!) Beautiful Darling (About Warhol muse Candy Darling) and I'm a junkie for WW2 and Paranormal documentaries. I spend my weekends on Netflix.

Watching Once Upon A Time and really enjoying it. However, at two episodes a day I can't watch Season 4 until the middle of October. Really excited for the Frozen characters

Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information