Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: South Park to parody Britney Spears

^^What? They didn't pick on her at all. They went all soft on her, and lambasted the media and the public for "driving her over the edge."

The media just does what it's always done: cover people who do stupid, outrageous shit for attention. Note how now that she's stopped her antics, they've got nothing, there is no more media frenzy because she stopped feeding it.

OCK

They didn't make fun of the media (and us) for "driving her over the edge." They made fun of the media for kicking her while she is down and focusing on stupid shit like her clothing or weight gain instead her very serious mental problems. When they showed Britney leaving the hospitol with half her head missing (that was a good metaphor on their part btw), instead of noticing that the entire top portion of her head was gone they had the paparazzi make a big deal over the fact that she wasn't wearing any shoes. I thought their parody was very accurate and I don't even like Britney.
    ~~~Jesus please save me from your fanclub~~~

She blew her head off!! The insinuation being an admonishing "See what you made her do" to media and public. The kicking her while she's down thing is on target, that's unnecessary and cruel. But again, the focus and fault was placed all on one side, which is ridiculous.

The message was "leave the poor girl alone" as if she were a helpless victim who had no hand in her own demise. Yes, the media and public is rabid and cruel, but Britney is responsible for how her life turned out too.

I was disappointed because they usually call out hypocrisy on both sides, not just one.
    BITTER likes this.

It was an oddly twisted episode. The blown off head was a little much. And i thought it was pretty lame that they portrayed her as such a poor innocent in her own messed up life.

I just think the episode was weak as ws the last episode with Cartman getting AIDS. This season ain't off to a good start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information