Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Sober House

They said something about Shifty having a cardiac arrest. If he makes it to the end of the show I'll be shocked. I know all the men are so in love with Amber, but she still looks like such a cold hearted bitch to me, her eyes just show her lack of compassion in every situation

I would imagine after years of being high you lose
    the ability to feel normal feelings. I had a friend (RIP)
    who was a major addict and the only thing she cared
    about was herself. And she did not care for herself very
    well. If that makes sense. Drugs killed her at the young
    age of 36. When Dr. Drew says this will kill these people,
    he's not being overly dramatic. It's so sad to watch.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Wow. Doesn't even look like the same person.
    I know talk about aging! Wow. What years was GNR the big thing? Trying to see how long it took him to look that bad.

edit-
    Guns N' Roses has sold an estimated 100 million albums worldwide,[1][2] including over 42 million in the United States.[3] The band's 1987 major label debut album Appetite for Destruction has sold in excess of 28 million copies and reached number one on the United States Billboard 200. In addition, the album charted three Top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, including "Sweet Child O' Mine" which reached number one.[4] The 1991 albums Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II debuted on the two highest spots on the Billboard 200 and have sold a combined 14 million copies in the United States alone. After over a decade of work, the band released their follow-up album, Chinese Democracy, in 2008.

Adler, who was a childhood friend of ex-GN'R guitarist Slash, was an original member of the iconic hard-rock outfit and appeared on the band's first three releases, including their breakthrough LP, 1987's Appetite for Destruction. He was fired from the group in 1990 due to his ongoing struggle with drug addiction, and suffered a stroke in 1996 after ingesting drugs. He suffered a second stroke a short while later, and was left with impaired speech.

Steven Adler
    Photo: Splash News/Newscom

More with Steven
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Hit By Ban Bus!

Poor Steven, it breaks my heart when I see him. He has aged so much and I don't know if he will get off this crap.
    He has such a nice smile. I love too see him smile.
    As for Amber, I like her, she seems to be down to earth to me, but has a lot of problems.

I think it is so sad about Steven, man he has talent.
    He even helped out Nikki Sixx.
    I am rooting for Steven!!
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by lisalucy69 View Post
    I think she knows what's really going on, but she feels helpless to stop it. Although i like Steven, it seems like he may not always be nice, and maybe his wife is intimidated by him a little.
    Exactly, what is that saying "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink..." This seems to be the case with many users and their loved ones. When he was screaming and carrying on at Shelley it made me wonder how he gets with his wife, probably worse

I also wondered how long he waited after being released from rehab to start up again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I only saw the last 20 minutes of the first show. It's amazing that Steven did such an about face. I agree with those questioning his wife's safety. He was really aggressive with that house mother but cowered to the guy in charge. It's hard to feel sympathy for him after watching that.

What's with that house mother too? She was crying but I'd be willing to bet this isn't the first time she's had to call the cops to have someone removed from rehab. Too dramatic.

Lastly, Drew is looking like more and more of a sellout. It's a damn shame. I've heard him speak in person about medical issues (he's an internist) and he seems like a bright, well-read guy. If he has any experience in addiction medicine, he had to know that three weeks of rehab won't do jack for these people. It's all done for the show, not for the health of the patients. Sick.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I could not believe Steven last night, boy, he was really aggressive and just tore up. My God, I could not take it, living with that everyday, I feel for his wife.
    He is such a sweet person and you can really tell when he is high.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Steven? I thought his behavior the last couple of episodes(celebrity rehab included) was horrible,and he seems to show a lot of aggression towards women. He was aggressive toward Shelly when he was sober so drugs can't be to blame for that one.
    Last edited by Mivvi21; January 23rd, 2009 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I watched most of the first episode and agree about Steven, not looking good.

My question: His wife came with him to drop him off at the house, how did she not know that he was using again?? Or did she?? I'd like to know what was going on there......
    YES! YES! I thought the same thing and was going to ask what everyone thought!!! I wondered if she was using too b/c she was right there!

Oh it is so sad. He (steven) is all over the map when he's high. Not nearly as charming..lol. I laughed when he was sitting on the steps, with a few other people around, and he looked into the camera with a cheesy grin and sighed (he looked so plowed!!!).
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Steven? I thought his behavor the last couple of episodes(celebrity rehab included) was horrible,and he seems to show a lot of aggression towards women. He was aggressive toward Shelly when he was sober so drugs can't be to blame for that one.
    I really liked Steven, but I agree that the last couple episodes of CelebRehab showed him a little differently than the other episodes. And so far on SoberHouse he has been a f*#king ass. I've went from liking him and really pulling for him to being disgusted and pissed by his behavior. I really feel for his wife. She seems to genuinely love him and want him to get well, but you can't help those who won't help themselves.

I have never seen anyone in the condition Steven
    was in on this last episode. Quite shocking to me.
    I can't decide if this show is exploiting these people
    for ratings, or if this is how real treatment is. It
    seems nuts to have a big barbeque party the second day
    in.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Steven is a lost cause (insert Beck song here). God directly intervening is the only chance he has.

He has OD'd something like 30 times?? and he's still kicking. but yeah, my hope for him is zero.

I don't think he's as nice of a guy as we may like to believe. hard to tell.

His wife is as nuts as he is for sticking around. I heard that "you marry your level of pathology". If you're with someone who's that fucked up, there's something majorly wrong with you, too, for tolerating that shit. C'mon, he's been high for years upon years on end, with very few breaks. WTH kind of partner could he be??

Maybe she sticks around for the money, IDK.

I've heard heroin addicts have zero sex drive. I agree, she
    has to be nuts herself. Because I wouldn't live with that crap
    for 10 seconds.
    I'm not sure what constitutes an overdose, but I would
    say Steven was def oding on that show. He will be dead soon, no?

Awww, Steven is so ugly when he's using. Complete opposite from when he's sober.. that's sad.

I can see why people in his life get so sick of him. He's crazy when he's using (I'm sure they all are) but what a shocking look at someone who's out of their tree and can't stay sober.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information