Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So who saw The Dark Knight? Let's hear your reviews! NO SPOILERS!

I'm going tonight, can't wait!!!!!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Damn. I don't go for Batman or comic book movies at all but now you guys have me wanting to see this movie. Hate crowds, so I'll go next week maybe.
    I wouldn't even call it a superhero/comic book movie. It really is more like The Untouchables or Heat, like most of the reviews say. Someone here put it perfectly already: a crime epic about a superhero.
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

ill be seeing it in IMAX too, but prolly monday thnx for no spoilers people~!!!!

If you're not gonna see it til Monday I'd be careful with what you read online this weekend. I'm seeing spoilers pop up in random places already, have been since the preview showings on Tuesday. I got spoiled on some of the crimes and some of what happens in Joker's scenes just by stumbling on it in the comments of an unrelated post somewhere else.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Yeah i wont be looking and i havent been honestly but i knew i could trust u betches i have to wait though cuz of other shit and plus i want to get awesome seats at the IMAX theater; they're assigned and i want to pick mine

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I've been hearing nothing but jaw dropping goodness...
    That's because it is jaw dropping goodness. I went in begrudgingly coz a friend wanted to see it, plus I was curious over Heath (was sort of creepy), and was blown away by the dozens of sub-plots and how everything in Gotham has suddenly turned so... normal (looks wise... gasp! Day time!?)
    Surprised with the many decisions the writers took including Maggie Gylenhaal's character, and Aaron Eckharts.
    I was moved a few times in this, as well, and... I guess I'm just surprised at how much it reminded me of The Departed. It was so normal. Just... for a Batman movie, that's weird. But really good. I'm giving it 4 stars and I think Heath should definitely win the Oscar, because like the above said, he was brilliant. I know I nearly shat a brick.
    Spoiler ----> I definitely shat a brick when that fake Batman smashed into the high-rise window. <-----In fact the whole audience did, my peripheral vision picked up on the sudden and quick standing ovation before sitting back down again.

Spoiler--->And when that certain boom went off unexpectedly (Rachel).<----

Things that impressed me, aside from everything:

Spoiler ---->The hospital blowing up. How did they do that!? I mean the first part was okay, didn't really shock me that much, I was just like "oh my God he actually blew it up", but then when he examined the button from a safe distance and it literally blew up... wow. Scary.<----

And my favourite part of the movie:
    Spoiler ---->The decision the criminals and the citizens had to make. Blow up one boat or the other. Was very well executed. <------

I was pretty much on the edge of my seat for the entire film. If they make more Batman movies like this, I will go see them. I keep thinking of Batman Begins, and how pretentious I found it. I didn't like it at all. This has just flipped everything upside down for me.

Heath was a better Joker than Jack N, definitely. I'd be surprised if a greater movie appeared for the rest of the year. I smell best picture nomination.

And OMG The Joker turned into Brittany Murphy in the nurse's costume. Amazing!! How did they do that?
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; July 19th, 2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Spoiler tags

Saw it last night and loved it! Heath Ledger did a outstanding job as the Joker. You don't see Heath Ledger at all anymore, just the Joker. Great performance! Christian Bale also did a great acting job and so did the others. But I think as the film is more focused on the Joker, Heath Ledger really takes the cake with his performance. He made a very psychotic Joker. The way he kept licking his lips and all that made the Joker seem so much more crazy. He was creepy.

Great movie. I think this is "THE" movie of the summer.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

gah! don't give spoilers!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

Yeah - thanks for the spoilers guys. Bloody hell.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

You know what is really cool is that they've taken the Batman movies to a whole new level. Before (well from my perspective) the movies were much more like comedies then anything else. Now they're much darker and the characters have much more depth then they did in other movies.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

This movie was amazingly amazing. The Mister and I saw it at 12:01am yesterday, I said screw sleep, I'm seeing TDK!

Anyhow, where to begin? Heath is everything the hype has built him up to be as the Joker: sinister, darkly hysterical and maniacal. Whenever he leaves the screen, you can't wait for him to return. He upstages everyone, IMO. Christian is good again as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Maggie G is SO much better as Rachel Dawes than KatE Holmes (who cannot act to save her life). Aaron Eckhart is also excellent as Harvey Dent/Two-Face and the makeup/CGI on him is brilliant. Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, all brought in fantastic performances as well.

I'm not going to give away any spoilers, but prepared to be shocked.

Best movie I've seen all YEAR, totally kickass. It's not really a comic book movie, IMO...more along the lines of The Departed, Heat, etc. A crime/thriller noir.

I can't wait to see it again.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Eli

^^ Yes!! Argh! Were you as surprised as I was? I'm still stunned.
    I'm also amazed at the cast. I felt like I was going to see every single Hollywood star in it. This is the best movie of the year for me, beating Atonement and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    ^^ Yes!! Argh! Were you as surprised as I was? I'm still stunned.
    I'm also amazed at the cast. I felt like I was going to see every single Hollywood star in it. This is the best movie of the year for me, beating Atonement and all.
    I WAS Allie, totally! LOL, shock and awe is probably the best cliche I can think of to describe my emotions during the entire film.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

The critics here are correct in that Heath becomes the Joker and that even though he's a psychopath, you do root for him. The special effects were great, Gary Oldman is masterful, Maggie G is terrific, Aaron is good however the music is ridiculously loud. It ruined numerous moments for Christian Bale and Gary Oldman. The only time the music wasn't intrusive was when Heath was onscreen.

My favorite effect was when Christopher Nolan actually flipped an 18 wheeler in the middle of the street.
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Eli

I feel like this portrayal of the Joker is going to be one of those things you hear about in 50 years.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information