Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slumdog Millionaire

^^^Really?? I want to see it, but I'm afraid it's gonna suck. I feel like the really hyped up ones are usually a letdown.

It doesn't suck, but it's definitely not one of the greats. It goes into my "worth seeing on DVD, but not spending money for the theater" pile.

However, I can't remember anything I've seen in the theater lately that I was glad I saw there. Maybe Sweeney Todd (more Johnny Depp for the buck).

We're gonna go see it at a Drafthouse-type place in Dallas. It can't suck if you can eat and drink while watching

That would be a fine place to see it. I don't remember there being a lot of subtle dialogue that you feel you would miss out on if you're eating at the same time.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i was interested in the movie, then my friend made a DVD of it (i dont ask) and i wasn't impressed at all, i was just happy i didnt spend the money to rent it.
    There are some movies that play better on the big screen than TV. I loved Titanic in the theater but can't being myself to sit through it when it plays on television. IMO it's a really boring film when you don't see the boat on the big screen.

I think it's the same with Slumdog. It was a good movie but I don't think I would like it on small screen. On the big screen it's almost as if you are there in the slums with them. I think it would be cheesy on the small screen- esp with the Who Wants to be a Millionaire angle.

i really liked it. great ensemble cast and just a really well made film. i think in the hands of anyone else (especially a cheesy american director à la ron howard), it would have turned out cheesy but in the hands of danny boyle it came out like a dickensian modern fairytale. i'm glad he won best director.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I absolutely loved it!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information