Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Sister Wives on TLC

Elite Member

Anyone see this week's show? I don't watch much TV, but I caught it. Kody takes the tribe to his hometown in Montana or Wyoming, can't remember.

Well, Kody is a confirmed idiot. He says "proseltizing" for proselytizing. God that rankled me. He takes his whole family out on the lake during a thunder storm with lightning. Such a smart man.

His high school friends thought for sure he was gay back then. "Flamboyant" "fashion conscious" was how they described him. One of his old best friends was not surprised that Kody had 4 wives and went on TV. Seems like Kody has always needed to be the center of attention and his friend figured getting a bunch of wives, kids and a TV contract got Kody more attention.

So Janelle, Meri and Robin all have polygamous backgrounds. Not sure about the very insecure 3rd wife.

It doesn't seem to me like the women do much of anything but sit around these days waiting for Kody to show up every so often.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

From 19 October 2010:
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I can't really get behind the dressing as a pioneer thing.
    O RLY?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I love this show. Can't stand Kody, he is a dumb fuck. I don't think he is doing this just for the sex. It would be way cheaper and less stressful to pay for it. I like his first wife Meri and his second, Jenelle. They seem to be the only ones with any sense. The third, Christine annoys me and the last one is just ridiculous. How she can claim to love all these kids right from the beginning is a load of bull. I see this erupting one day. I'm waiting for it. This week they are all going to diet and exercise!
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    His high school friends thought for sure he was gay back then. "Flamboyant" "fashion conscious" was how they described him.
    I actually saw this for the first time today. Dude is totally gay.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I watched a few episodes last year and I remember being dumbfounded as I wondered what in the world these women see in Kody that makes them believe he is such a prize.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I actually saw this for the first time today. Dude is totally gay.
    Well, he wouldn't be out of place in the musical theater world. Such a show pony.
    CHILLY FREE!

The last episode had all the wives going to the gym. They even announced their weights on T.V. !! Whose idea was that. They were all over 200 pounds except for the preggie, she was 158 and pregnant. I felt so bad for Janelle having her weight announced to everyone. This family is going to implode eventually. I know they do not like the new wife.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

I have yet to finish a full episode but I find myself asking many questions during watching it. The main ones are whether or not the women have jobs, sense and just what is so special about this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    I have yet to finish a full episode but I find myself asking many questions during watching it. The main ones are whether or not the women have jobs, sense and just what is so special about this guy.
    I think at least one of the wives does (or did at one point) have a job, but I'm not sure about the others.

The first season Janelle and Meri worked, while Christine stayed at home with the kids. After it aired, Meri was fired from her job and Janelle left her job when they moved to Vegas. They're now all trying to get into the real estate business.

The thing I can't stand about Kody is that he always seems to be putting on a show. Even when he's talking about something as little as changing a lightbulb, he makes such a big production of it. He's like a fucking clown, over acting within an inch of his stupid ass hair.

ETA: Oh yeah, Robyn had her baby a few days ago...Soloman is his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

This is seriously the bestest site for all things Brown: Sister Wives Blog
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I'm always wanting Christine to put some damn powder on her damn red nose. She always looks like she has a cold.

But I kinda like the way she's been a total bitch lately, making snarky remarks to Kody.

Jenelle sure was cute when she was young.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

Okay, I spent a few hours investigating the Sister Wives Blog which digs up all sorts of details about the Brown's lives.

2 wives, Robyn and Christine, were living on welfare, food stamps and getting their kids Medicaid support until right before the show started filming. There has also been 3 bankruptcy filings in the family.

Kody hasn't been supporting his children. Janelle and Meri both had jobs which paid for their kids and insurance. Kody hasn't had a regular job in years and only had $2000 in his savings account during the last bankruptcy. He seems to hold down jobs for 2 or 3 years tops.

The family weren't "run out of Utah" for polygamy. They were run out because Utah found out that Christine, in fact, knows who the father of her children is (because of the TV show.) Essentially, she defrauded the state by claiming single woman status with no support. So the Browns left rather than be investigated for welfare fraud and possibly paying back a heap of money which Kody would owe personally.

Fascinating stuff over on that blog.
    CHILLY FREE!

I love that blog!
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    I love that blog!
    I'm addicted now! Thanks (or not) for sharing the link. Good find!
    CHILLY FREE!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information