Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sister Wives on TLC

Elite Member

The only wife with any sense is the 2nd one, the overweight one, janelle?

She works 18 hour days, which I take to mean that she spends 18 hours a day away from that douche she married and the games of the sister-wives.

I bet she's spending hours away from the compound, doing something as scandalous as making friends or hanging out in a coffee shop.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Elite Member

maybe even wearing pants! Oh the scandal.

Anyone watching the new episodes?

I am. Last night's ep was ok. Nothing really interesting in the season so far. Although Janelle's Mom is one of Kody's Dad's wives...Talk about awkward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    I am. Last night's ep was ok. Nothing really interesting in the season so far. Although Janelle's Mom is one of Kody's Dad's wives...Talk about awkward!
    Sooo weird!! Mother in law is also his step mother. Another way of looking at it is Janelle and Kody are step siblings as well as husband and wife. They weren't raised together but it's still weird.

I thought last night's episode was quite telling. Kody comes off more and more as a child with the women in his life actually managing the budget and pretty much everything. He goes to work, spends time with each wife and that's it. Looks like the wives do the worrying and handle the responsibility. I can't imagine why they married him; I would hate a husband like that. He's just another kid!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

the finances situation always intrigued me too, Meri has since lost her job due to the show I heard, hope she finds another

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

I thought last night's episode was quite telling. Kody comes off more and more as a child with the women in his life actually managing the budget and pretty much everything. He goes to work, spends time with each wife and that's it. Looks like the wives do the worrying and handle the responsibility. I can't imagine why they married him; I would hate a husband like that. He's just another kid!
    It's how they were all raised. All the sister wives grew up in polygamous set-ups themselves. They didn't get much attention from their daddies and don't expect it from Kody.

If my hubs had another wife out there (ha! He can barely handle this one) I wouldn't want anything to do with her. That's what I couldn't endure, the sister-wife business, where they claim to have a marriage as well, with each other. Ick!
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    It's how they were all raised. All the sister wives grew up in polygamous set-ups themselves. They didn't get much attention from their daddies and don't expect it from Kody.

If my hubs had another wife out there (ha! He can barely handle this one) I wouldn't want anything to do with her. That's what I couldn't endure, the sister-wife business, where they claim to have a marriage as well, with each other. Ick!
    Actually not true. They were not all raised in that faith and in fact, chose it when they became adults. At least that's the case with Janelle. I think it's true of another one of the wives if not two but I can't remember which one.

^ Yeah Janelle said something about her family disapproving of her marriage and not having a big wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    the finances situation always intrigued me too, Meri has since lost her job due to the show I heard, hope she finds another
    Also Robyn, the 4th wife doesn't work now. So that's 4 additional mouths to feed with no extra income.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I watched the new episode and thought the affection between Kody and Janelle on the camping trip was sweet. It was more natural and real than the "affection" he shares with Robyn, who seems to be struggling to fit in.

I then watched the episode after the new one and it was the wedding. I found myself feeling sorry for her, because on her wedding day she had to get ready alone. I wonder, where is her family?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg Kody is an asshole! seriously ugh

so they've moved to Vegas, and next week's episode I think the 4th idiot wife is pregnant, ugh

New season and Robin is with child but since she's not actually married to Kody, I believe the biddy term is 'knocked up with an illegitimate bastard.' And I'm psyched that some of the teenagers, especially Janelle's daughter with the dyed black hair, are already preparing to ditch not just the LDS but polygamous marriage too. Way to go, kids.

But of course Robin has to cry every five minutes about stupid ass shit. And wtf does she care if the teenagers go off to a Presbyterian youth fellowship program for shits and giggles, they ain't her kids. Like her dumbass excuse for a marriage is a civil right that the entire family must bleed, die, and fight for. Please.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Kody seemed stunned to hear, right at ending interview, that Meri loved her house, and it just being her and her daughter sometimes. I believe Jenelle expressed similar comments.

Honestly, I do not understand the four houses shit. Two large homes, then reno some basement bedrooms with bunk beds or what have you. The four separate homes makes it seem much less one big happy family.

I feel really sorry for Hunter. I moved to care for a sick relative, and this reminds me of my oldest son. I hope that he pulls out of it with the love of the family and his sibs.

Glad to see that Robyn didn't miscarry. Although I wonder if Kody will ever stop wanting kids. And I still wonder how they finance their lifestyle. They must be getting a good amount from the show. Aside from working with the Relator, does any one of them have a job out there in Vegas?

Hit By Ban Bus!

I MISSED it last night!!!! Argh!

Recappage, anyone? Purdy PWEASE!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information