Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sister Wives on TLC

I miss the old learning channel.... when you could actually LEARN cool stuff.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ i know right

but im learning a lot of things from the current batch of shows on TLC like i'm learning that I dont want to be a sister wife; that i dont want to be pregnant and have HIV, that I dont want to have an exploding arm, etc.

Don't want to be a midget or have 20 kids either
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    That's my main beef with polygamy - I wouldn't care what people do in their private lives so long as the women could also set up a stable of studs as husbands.

But how is polygamy supposed to even work when approximately half the people in the world are men? It would be awesome if all the guys who are missing out on meeting and marrying wives start lobbying for same sex marriage on the basis that there aren't enough women left because the polygamists are hoarding them.

I have the same problem with polygamy- how no women have multiple husbands.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ i know right

but im learning a lot of things from the current batch of shows on TLC like i'm learning that I dont want to be a sister wife; that i dont want to be pregnant and have HIV, that I dont want to have an exploding arm, etc.
    LMAO I can't click the link (blocked/work) but that's funny. or the girl w/the giant legs.. I watched her documentary a couple of weekends ago and was sad for her b/c they can not amputate her legs so she can wear regular fake limbs (don't know how to spell). It was sad. Makes me grateful.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

^ oh sorry yeah im grateful too
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Don't want to be a midget or have 20 kids either
    exactly! I was saying to my sister when a commercial for "19 kids and counting" came on how that Duggar bitch is a bigger freak than these sister wives will ever be!
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; October 18th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    They don't do that on Sister Wives. They look like any woman you'd see in a grocery store, etc.

^lmao! Unice
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Be nice, she radiates happiness!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    isn't it illegal only if he legally marries several wives?
    No, Utah law is on bigamy is: "A person is guilty of bigamy when, knowing he has a husband or wife or knowing the other person has a husband or wife, the person purports to marry another person or cohabits with another person."

So cohabitation with another person when you're married to someone else is still bigamy.

I don't understand why the women enter into this. That guy is no catch. If it were James Franco, I would understand, but this guy.... not so much. Must be strange for the children.

fgg

children don't typically think things are strange unless someone else tells them they are different. they are in a community, and go to school, with families just like them.

omg i hate the 3rd wife Christine so much! she is such a LOSER! she dreamt of being the 3rd wife in a family and now she so fucking upset about the 4th wife coming in. Like wtf did you expect?! you married a pig; shits gonna happen!

HollywoodLife.com dug up the divorce document for Robyn Brown (Kody Brown’s newest (fourth) wife on TLC’s Sister Wives) and looks like Robyn loves lacy underthings! According to the filing, in Ravalli County in Montana, Robyn had serious money issues up until the divorce to David Preston Jessop back in 1999, including owing almost $1,000 to Victoria’s Secret! We’re guessing the unmentionables may have helped her snatch up the desirable Kody Brown.

The divorce document breaks down the separate debts of Robyn & David. Robyn had a mound of debt that was awarded to her in the divorce. Besides the unusually high Victoria’s Secret bill, she also owed thousands to Target and Sears. The total debt awarded to her was… $32,400!

But she didn’t leave the marriage empty-handed — according to the docs she got to keep the Sanyo VCR (a VCR in 2007?) and a Kirby vacuum cleaner.

David didn’t go away light either; he got to keep the 1974 Academy Mobile Home!

Robyn was married to David Preston Jessop back in 1999; the couple had three children together over the duration of their marriage; David, Aurora & Brennan. They filed for divorce in 2007, citing irreconcilable differences.
    EXCLUSIVE! Inside ‘Sister Wives’ Divorce! Robyn REALLY Likes Victoria’s Secret! Hollywood Life

No wonder she was so excited that she "caught" this loser--someone else can help her with her debt. I saw on TWOP that two of the other wives have filed for bankruptcy in the last five years and they're on food stamps? WTF is this loser doing with his unrestrained breeding? And his fucking Lexus? I guess that's how these cults roll. Suck the system dry.

Robyn's herpes lesions were really blossoming in the last two episodes. Wonder how that's being spread around the "family"?

Oh, and another note--did you see Robyn strutting while trying on her wedding gowns--total pageant walk. With her you get both the trailer park and the pageant girl--score!

I didn't watch this when it was on, but saw the whole freakin' season at once the other day when I was sick. Now I'm a little worked up.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information