Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sister Wives on TLC

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    We never see a lady with a bunch of husbands

Of course not! Polyandry is rare because men have always ruled the world and used polygamy as a way of controlling women and havng lots of sex. I'd ban it .

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ oh come on, they're adults they can do what they want imo, but only if gays can also marry! and any consenting adults for that matter.

so ok i just got into this show and it is wacky! but i cant hate on these people; they're all consenting adults, wierdos, but nonetheless....

i'll be watching!

on a side note; i wonder if this lifestyle is a way for lesbians to secretly be together ever. they sure do seem to love each other a lot these women

I'm embarrassed to say that I watched this show for the first time last night, back to back episodes. Was not my intention but it was on & I got caught up in it. Um, I am all for tolerance, live & let live, but this gives me the creeps. This clown is obviously all about this new wife who IS younger & cuter than the rest of them. He chose her wedding dress & one wife got butthurt & said "you didn't care at ALL what I wore to OUR wedding!"

Well, I say "wedding" dress, but she didn't wear it at the actual wedding. She kept saying that the dress was for the reception, and that she wanted a traditional bride dress so she could look & feel like a bride. I don't know what she wore at the wedding. Maybe a 'garment.' Then she put on a brown dress like the other wives for family photos, so she wouldn't stand out. Then she put on her big white dress for the rest of the night. Three dresses for one wedding.

I want to know what happened to the new wife's ex-husband & the father of her kids. They divorced. Where is he? She had to move 5 hours away to marry this guy. I think she said that it was a polygamous marriage but he never took another wife while they were married.

Ok, enough of this crap.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I have no issue with polygamy. Consenting adults and all that jazz.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

yeah lobes, if i heard right, the new wife is from a polygamous background, but i wanna know the deal w/ her last marriage too! what happened

its amazing this guy is going out in the open w/ all this considering it is illegal isn't it. and the kids and their whole deal now that they've been outed, but i guess the kids go to a private school for kids from polygamous families so they'll be ok... for now.

^^^
    isn't it illegal only if he legally marries several wives?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    they're all adults and can do what they want - although it must be weird for kids raised in that environment. that said, these women are idiots. the only reason he's taking a new wife is because he's tired of your fat asses and wants a young little thing with a tighter vagina and these dumb cows are delusional if they can't see that for what it is. and even more retarded if they do but are accepting of it.

so yeah, people can do what they want but it's the blatant sexism that bugs me more than the polyamorous part.
    Yep yep yep

I am also on the 'they are all adults' side/can do what ever they want, however, I don't believe them.. I don't believe they are all harmonious, peace and light! I bet there is a lot of jealousy and bitterness going around (poor kids). I doubt it will last.. especially after going on tv and being investigated. They opened up a ball of worms.. good luck.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

^^ Pretty much. I don't give a toss how they live their life, but I'd imagine jealousy and bitchery could very easily run rife.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

well not to be a judgemental bitch but most religions (or how they're taught anyways) are the culprit of that indoctrinated sexism. i went to a few mormon classes in high school cuz my friend was mormon and it was something to do and it was blatantly sexist yes, the things they taught in the separated classes (by gender) were straight out of the 1950s or better yet the 1850s! so thats how these women were raised. at least they're telling their kids to get an education and they're not that back-woods fundamentalist or whatever who all live on ranches w/ dirt roads and marry off little girls.

Like compound dwellers. Yeah, I watched too much Big Love.

^ the compound; notice how real polygamists are butt-ass ugly! nothing compared to Barbara and her sister wives

I can't really get behind the dressing as a pioneer thing.

They don't do that on Sister Wives. They look like any woman you'd see in a grocery store, etc.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Fuck TLC and their continuing parade of freaks.
    My sentiments exactly!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information