Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sienna Miller to play Maid Marian in Ridley Scott's 'Nottingham'

Hit By Ban Bus!

Extra: Russell Crowe - In Tights? - He jokes, "It's not tights but I do have a pretty nice, snazzy pair of leather pants with a rather large cod piece."
    ~~

*swoon* *thump*

Hit By Ban Bus!

I clicked on the link to see if they showed his rather large cod piece but alas it was mean trickery.

I'm sort of over Cate Blanchett but I'll still go watch the flick just cause MY man is in it.

Now is this re-re-remake just to change the character of Robinhood. So instead of stealing from the tax collectors and giving back to those it was taken from; the Politically correct can have Robin steal from the rich and give to the poor.
    It's what I be not who I am

Hit By Ban Bus!

the Politically correct can have Robin steal from the rich and give to the poor.

That is the entire point of the Robin Hood legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    the Politically correct can have Robin steal from the rich and give to the poor.

That is the entire point of the Robin Hood legend.
    WRONG..

Robinhood stole from the tax collectors, who really were neither rich or poor, and returned the tax to the tax payers...
    It's what I be not who I am

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^Where are you getting this information? Mayhap you suffer from a Grover Norquist fetish? Robin Hood actually has a tagline: "Robbed from the rich to give to the poor!"

You do know the Robin Hood legend is most likely just that, a legend? Of course, there are a few contenders for the "real" Robin Hood, highway robbers and the like who are on Medieval court records at the pertinent times, but none of them were known to rob the tax collector.

Most of the legend comes from Medieval ballads.

Most of our knowledge about the Robin Hood legend derives from the earliest ballads and tales which have passed through the centuries.
    Of these, the most significant are:

A Gest of Robin Hood
    Robin Hood and the Monk
    Robin Hood and the Potter
    Robin Hood and Guy of Gisborne
    Robin Hood and the Curtal Friar
    Robin Hood's Death
    All these tales were written down before 1550. Details of these tales can be found in the society pages of this site.
    Despite Robin's "legend" status, there are many reasons to believe that Robin Hood could well have been a real historical figure. Researchers into the legend have uncovered compelling evidence about this historical period here in Nottingham that points to an underlying reality for our favourite Outlaw.

Who Was Robin Hood?

Robin is famous for his gallantry, robbing the rich to feed the poor and fighting against injustice and tyranny. Anyone who knows of Robin has also heard the stories of his outlaw band. The names of Little John, Friar Tuck, Maid Marion, Allan a Dale, Will Scarlet, Much the Miller and the evil Sheriff of Nottingham are as much a part of the legend as Robin Hood himself.

The stories of Robin portray him as a fearless outlaw leading his band of "merry men" (and women) against the tyranny of Prince John, The Sheriff of Nottingham and Sir Guy of Gisbourne. A brilliant archer, Robin lived a life of adventure - poaching the King's deer from the outlaws' retreat in Sherwood Forest.

Stories about the adventures of Robin have been told and retold for over six hundred years. In Robin's time, few people could read or write and consequently little was written down about the exploits of our hero. Instead, people learnt about Robin and his band through the ballad and song of wandering minstrels who weaved a patchwork of fact and fiction into the contemporary culture of the time.

The Tales of Robin Hood

Many of us today will know of the legend of Robin Hood through stories like:

Robin and the Knight:

In which Robin saves an impoverished Knight from losing his lands to the Abbot of St. Mary's in York.

Robin and the Potter:

where Robin, disguised as a potter, tricks the Sheriff of Nottingham into travelling to Sherwood Forest where the Outlaws capture him.

Robin Hood and the Monk:
    (click for the full story)
    In Which Robin is betrayed by a monk and imprisoned by the Sheriff of Nottingham. The story ends with the rescue of Robin by Little John and Much the miller's son.

Robin and the Curtal Friar:

Where Friar Tuck and Robin Hood first meet.

Robin and the Silver Arrow:
    in which Robin wins the archery contest set up to trap him by the Sheriff of Nottingham.

The death of Robin Hood:where, after the deaths of Maid Marian and King Richard, Robin ends his days in the grounds of Kirklees Priory.
    legend

I don't ordinarily recommend Wikipedia, but in this case the article on Robin Hood is comprehensive and fascinating, expounding at length on the origins of the legend:

Robin Hood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There IS no liberal PC conspiracy to misrepresent a fictional medieval archetypal character.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ wow all that and all I wanted was to see Robins cod.

Hit By Ban Bus!

How about Captain Jack's crotch?

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ ya know that was a good movie to bad they couldn't figure out a way to cut production costs.

99 percent of his movies are worth the ticket price.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Our boy is packing.

Yes, I adored Master and Commander. It was beautiful and Russ did a masterful job as the Captain. Everyone in the film was very good.

The only one of his movies I haven't liked is A Beautiful Mind. He was still good in it, though. I even liked A Good Year, with Marion Cotillard. He was utterly charming in it and has wonderful comic timing.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Rockin' Robin: Slimmed-down Russell Crowe gets his Gladiator look back to play the prince of thieves

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 1:19 PM on 20th April 2009

Russell Crowe has shed his excess pounds and looks better than ever in new pictures from the set of his latest movie, a £110million remake of Robin Hood.
    The 44-year-old sports a slimmed-down physique and a new close-cropped haircut to play the prince of thieves.

His appearance is almost identical to his look in Gladiator Ė a performance he won an Oscar for eight years ago.

Back to his best: Russell Crowe sports a slimmed-down physique in the first pictures from the new Robin Hood movie

The Australian actor's Robin Hood appears to have been updated for modern audiences and the infamous characters' tights have been replaced by trousers and brown knee-high boots.

'He doesn't have the old Robin Hood tights. He's got armour. He's very medieval,í explained producer Brian Grazer.

Leaner and meaner: The actor pictured in New York last week (left) - and a chubbier Russell last October

ĎHe looks, if anything, more like he did in Gladiator than anything we're used to seeing in Robin Hood'.
    The actor in the 2000 film Gladiator, for which he won an Oscar

The movie has hit the headlines in recent months after going through a number of cast changes.
    Earlier this year, it was reported that Sienna Miller had been dumped from the role of Maid Marian because she was too thin for the part and might make Russell look bad during some of the intimate scenes.

According to reports, the actor had not shed the four stone he gained for his role in Body Of Lies and, fearing he might look 'laughable' alongside her petite Marian, Sienna was dropped from the Robin Hood tale.
    An insider was quoted as telling the New York Post: 'It is a mess.

'Russell never lost the weight he put on for Body Of Lies and so the love scenes between him and Sienna would have been laughable.

'He's so old and fat and she's so young and gorgeous.
    'Word is that producers are "looking for an older, plumper actress to play the role so Crowe doesn't look like a paunchy grandpa - someone in her late 30s or early 40s".'

However judging by these new shots of a lean-looking Russell they neednít have worried.
    British actress Cate Blanchett is now set to take on the role of Maid Marian.

Old style Robin: Errol Flynn in the 1938 movie The Adventures of Robin Hood (left) and Kevin Costner in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves in 1991

Ready, aim, fire: Jonas Armstrong in BBC drama Robin Hood and Cary Elwes as the outlaw hero in Robin Hood: Men In Tights (right)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...e-thieves.html

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sneak peek: The Sheriff of Nottingham's men ravage a village in Ridley Scott's new Robin Hood movie

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 5:44 PM on 22nd May 2009

If these scenes are anything to go by, the new Robin Hood film is set to be an exciting, fast-paced period peace.
    The upcoming Ridley Scott movie, starring Russell Crowe as the heroic archer, is currently filming at various woodland locations across the country.

Spotted filming a dramatic sequence in Bourne Woods, Surrey, this week, a group of actors dressed in 12th century clothes rode at high speed on black and white horses.

Action: Actors playing the Sheriff of Notthingham's men storm a peasants' village on location in
    Bourne Woods, Surrey

As the men rode through the village, extras playing peasants cowered by an old stone bridge as they hid from the Sheriff of Notthingham's trouble-making troupe.
    Folklore hero: Russell Crowe as Robin Hood

Filming on the epic started last month after years of production delays.
    Producers sent out a casting call for 600 extras to play the Sheriff's cronies.

Oscar-winner Crowe was not on set this week, but his character is expected to return to the same village set and 'give back to the poor'.
    The upcoming film has a stellar cast, with Australian actress Cate Blanchett as Maid Marion, Dame Eileen Atkins as Eleanor of Aquitaine and Matthew MacFadyen as the Sheriff.
    Sienna Miller was originally cast as Marion, but was replaced by Blanchett after she was deemed too young to play 45-year-old Crowe's love interest.
    Speaking of Blanchett's casting, Crowe enthused: 'It's great, she's fantastic, my first choice.
    'I know her only from afar. The most time we've spent together is when we both got made into stamps recently.'
    Dame Eileen was only cast in recent weeks after Vanessa Redgrave pulled out following the tragic death of her daughter Natasha Richardson after a skiing accident in March.
    The 74-year-old admitted she is worried about the role of Eleanor, because she has to hold an owl.
    She said: 'I am completely bird phobic - it's the same owl that appeared in Harry Potter and apparently it weighs as much as a dog.

Fear: The sheriff's men ride through a village causing chaos as the villagers cower under the bridge
    'I have to feed it - probably dead mice - and I'm going to go to an animal sanctuary to help me get over my phobia.
    'They keep rewriting the script and changing my lines quite dramatically, so I'm terrified of forgetting them.'
    The film marks a reunion for Crowe and Scott - who have worked together four times previously and won several Oscars with thier first coupling, Gladiator in 2000.
    Since being cast as Robin, Russell has been on a script diet and workout regime to lose the weight he piled for State of Play.

Long live King John: The soldiers bear a flag of King John - who took over England after the death of his brother King Richard
    Crowe is said to have eaten food with a low glycaemic index, such as peanuts, apricots and porridge, which leave the dieter feeling satisfied for longer.
    He also cycled daily in preparation for the film, which is out in May next year.

Producer Brian Glazer said: 'He doesn't have the old Robin Hood tights. He's got armour. He's very medieval. He looks, if anything, more like he did in Gladiatorthan anything we're used to seeing with Robin Hood.
    'He's trying to create equality in a world where there are a lot of injustices. He's a crusader for the people, trying to reclaim some of the ill-gotten gains of the wealthy. That's a universal theme.'

Sneak peek: The Sheriff of Nottingham's men ravage a village in Ridley Scott's new Robin Hood movie | Mail Online

Rusty is hot and I can't wait to see this movie. Glad to see Slutty Miller was given the boot too.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^So hot, so sexy.

On the Scene: Russell Crowe

May 29th, 2009 by Rosy

Russell Crowe was spotted filming scenes from the upcoming Robin Hood film in England today. The sexy Aussie was riding around on horseback in the recreated Sherwood Forest now located on a wooded estate 150 miles away in the depths of Surrey.
    Starring alongside Russell are Cate Blanchett as Maid Marian, William Hurt, and Vanessa Redgrave. The film is set to hit theaters May 14, 2010.

On the Scene: Russell Crowe | Accidental Sexiness

Hit By Ban Bus!

June 16th, 2009 by Rosy
    Finally!!!!
    Iíve been waiting rather impatiently as Iím sure you have to see some new pictures of Russell Crowe filming his new movie, Robin Hood. Crowe along with Kevin Durand and Scott Grimes were photographed on set in Wales, UK today.
    The shots of him on horseback are gorgeous!
    Too bad the Ridley Scott film wonít hit theaters till May 14th, 2010!

#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; }

On the Scene: Robin Hood | Accidental Sexiness

Russell Crowe camps out in the wild

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information