Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sienna Miller to play Maid Marian in Ridley Scott's 'Nottingham'

Hit By Ban Bus!

Robbing the Rich Again
    Russell Crowe and Sienna Miller are back on track for Sherwood Forest.

Nottingham, the movie, about a love triangle involving Maid Marian, the Sheriff of Nottingham and the man in Lincoln green tights himself, Robin Hood, was postponed indefinitely during the summer, primarily because of script problems.
    Now I'm hearing that the film will commence shooting in mid-February, which is good news for director Ridley Scott, who was furious that his film was delayed.
    Nice, too, for all the British crews who had built the sets, and all the technical staff and make-up people who had thought themselves out of work.

Paul Webb has written a draft of a new screenplay based on a script by Brian Helgeland.

During the down-time, Crowe has been working with a trainer so he can be in tip-top form to play the Sheriff - although the story has a twist and he may play a double role.
    Vanessa Redgrave, and Oscar Isaacs as wicked King John, are in talks to be in the film. Christian Bale may play King Richard, and <cite>not Robin Hood as I mentioned a while back. There has been a lot of confusion over this movie!
    The Merry Men are still being cast. Let's hope there won't be any further delays.

It's too big a film for British movie workers to miss out on.

MailOnline

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Robbing the Rich Again
    Russell Crowe and Sienna Miller are back on track for Sherwood Forest.

Nottingham, the movie, about a love triangle involving Maid Marian, the Sheriff of Nottingham and the man in Lincoln green tights himself, Robin Hood, was postponed indefinitely during the summer, primarily because of script problems.
    Now I'm hearing that the film will commence shooting in mid-February, which is good news for director Ridley Scott, who was furious that his film was delayed.

Vanessa Redgrave, and Oscar Isaacs as wicked King John, are in talks to be in the film. Christian Bale may play King Richard, and <cite>not Robin Hood as I mentioned a while back. There has been a lot of confusion over this movie!

The Merry Men are still being cast. Let's hope there won't be any further delays.

It's too big a film for British movie workers to miss out on.

MailOnline
    Thanks for this...so good to hear that it's back on. I hope that they do cast Christian Bale and Vanessa Redgrave...they r such good actors.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post

During the down-time, Crowe has been working with a trainer so he can be in tip-top form to play the Sheriff - although the story has a twist and he may play a double role.

MailOnline

don't tease me... my man was looking like the beast who ate New York.. so sad. I miss my Maximus.
    Can't wait to see his flick with Leonardo.
    I'll be glad when his legs don't look like tree stumps..... sigh

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    don't tease me... my man was looking like the beast who ate New York.. so sad. I miss my Maximus.
    Can't wait to see his flick with Leonardo.
    I'll be glad when his legs don't look like tree stumps..... sigh
    Remember I told you about the trainer in the Snoop Dogg thread? I saw a recent photo of Rusty with his oldest son and even though he was wearing that ghastly track suit again so you couldn't tell how his body looked, his face did seem a lot thinner. The gut didn't look as out of control either.

I think it's difficult for him to work out really hard. He had a lot of injuries from making Gladiator, then he had to have surgery on his shoulder during Cinderella Man. But hey, that's no excuse for depriving us of our Gladiator Thighs.

Ah well... Looks like Sienna will have to wait another year to try and fuck Russell. On the plus side that's plenty of time to bag a few more marrieds before she takes on Maximus.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Ah well... Looks like Sienna will have to wait another year to try and fuck Russell. On the plus side that's plenty of time to bag a few more marrieds before she takes on Maximus.
    Somewhere on this thread, I recommended Mrs. Crowe park herself on that set with a knife in her hand....

(and boy would I love to 'take on' Maximus. You can call me Sashlut)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sippingthrustraw View Post
    Wait, I know she's been acting like a total ho, but I think she is going to do really well in this role.

I think it suits her.
    I think it does too, and at least she won't have to fake the accent. That's a big plus in my book. If they had hired Natalie Portman or ScarJo I think I might have screamed!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Russell likes his taters and I think he's going to balloon up to Marlon Brando one day.... sigh.. but I hope not. It would really suck b/c he really is my only low down dirty fantasy.

Sienna Miller is so ordinary, like that Diane Kruger in Troy. Oh well I hope she keeps her clothes on. I don't get the feeling Mrs.Crowe would put up with Russell messing around, she'd get the kids and he's not about to give them up.... not even for me

I've never seen his second son, the oldest looks just like him.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Scott's Nottingham shoots in spring

Friday, February 6, 2009

Mark Strong says Nottingham will begin filming in the spring

Filming on Ridley Scott's ill-fated movie Nottingham will finally begin this spring, according to Mark Strong.

Mark, who will play Guy of Gisbourne in the revisionist Robin Hood tale, said cast and crew had been given a start date.
    "We've been waiting all last year but it's pretty much ready to go at the end of March beginning of April," he said.

Filming was slated to being last year but was apparently put off until the leaves in the location doubling as Sherwood Forest were green enough.
    According to rumours, filming was further delayed to allow star Russell Crowe to lose enough weight.
    Mark added that the script has also changed since its beginning.
    "There was an identity swap between the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin. This has slightly changed now. There is a case of mistaken identity but it's more (about) Russell's Robin, than the Sheriff," he said.
    But Mark remained tight-lipped about who would be playing Maid Marion, to replace Sienna Miller who was originally mooted to play the part.
    "I've heard rumours but I can't tell you. I'll get in trouble," he said

Scott's Nottingham shoots in spring | Metro.co.uk=

I can't wait to find out who is playing Maid Marian. I kind of hope it's Rachel Weisz.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The UK Telegraph: [Wonderful news if true] Cate Blanchett looks more and more of a certainty for the role of Maid Marian in Sir Ridley Scott's forthcoming film Nottingham after Sienna Miller was apparently deemed too slim and youthful for the part. "I think Cate Blanchett is set to take the Maid Marian part," says Mark Strong, who has already been signed up to play Sir Guy of Gisbourne, at the London Film Critics' Circle Awards, at the Grosvenor House hotel, in Park Lane. "She is a wonderful actress and it would make it a much classier film if she was in it."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Cinema Blend: It looks like Ridley Scott has found his Maid Marion. Cate Blanchett has been rumored to be in the running for the role in his new Nottingham movie for some time, and this week’s Production Weekly lists her in the cast.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Cate Blanchett is definitely a go:

Variety: Robin Hood woos Cate Blanchett -- Cate Blanchett will play Maid Marian alongside Russell Crowe's Robin Hood in the Ridley Scott-directed epic adventure for Universal Pictures. The picture, which had been called "Nottingham" but is undergoing a title change, begins production in early April

RUSSELL Crowe has turned his Nana Glen farm near Coffs Harbour into a Nottingham Forest bootcamp as he puts the finishing touches on his fitness kick.
    Crowe has slimmed down and buffed up for his role in top director Ridley Scott's big-screen version of the Robin Hood legend.
    The Oscar winner has gathered a team of medieval experts to teach him how to wield ancient weapons during the final stages of his training for the movie.
    The $130 million production begins filming in Britain in April, and Crowe has immersed himself and other cast members into the 13th century period on his farm.
    "He's got a team out from England to help in the final pre-production stage of what will be the most period-accurate depiction of Robin Hood ever made," [Getting me excited about this film all over again!~Sasha] a source said.
    "He has a bowman, a medieval weapons expert and a fight co-ordinator, plus some of the other actors, up on the farm.
    "They're training really intensively and rehearsing a lot of action scenes."
    Crowe will play both the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin Hood [this is no longer accurate. Crowe will only play Robin Hood~Sasha] under the direction of Scott, who made Gladiator.
    Fellow Aussie Oscar winner Cate Blanchett will play Maid Marian opposite Crowe, replacing Sienna Miller in the role.
    The film was called Nottingham, but is tipped to be renamed Robin Hood.

Russell Crowe turns farm home into Robin Hood bootcamp | Herald Sun
    Last edited by Sasha; February 26th, 2009 at 12:34 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hey mods, could one of you rename this thread for me? Pretty please? Something like "Ridley Scott's Robin Hood Saga" since Sienna Miller is no longer a part of it, and getting this film cast and made has been an epic clusterfuck.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I wonder if they can get Alan Rickman to play the sheriff?

Good news!!

130 mil is a lot of money to make up... I'd like to see another Crowe film as good as Gladiator.

Hit By Ban Bus!

UNIVERSAL PICTURES AND IMAGINE ENTERTAINMENT
    ANNOUNCE START OF PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHY ON
    AN UNTITLED ROBIN HOOD ADVENTURE,
    STARRING RUSSELL CROWE AND CATE BLANCHETT
    AND DIRECTED BY RIDLEY SCOTT
    Vanessa Redgrave, Mark Strong, Oscar Isaac, Léa Seydoux, Scott Grimes, Kevin Durand and Alan Doyle Join Cast of Epic Action-Adventure Produced by Brian Grazer, Ridley Scott and Russell Crowe
    London, U.K., March 30, 2009 - Academy Award®-winning actors Russell Crowe (Gladiator, American Gangster) and Cate Blanchett (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Elizabeth: The Golden Age) have begun production on an untitled Robin Hood adventure, the next film from celebrated director Ridley Scott (Gladiator, American Gangster). The epic action-adventure, which reunites Crowe and Scott for their fifth collaboration, will be produced by Oscar®-winner Brian Grazer (A Beautiful Mind, American Gangster), Scott and Crowe. It will lens in the United Kingdom.
    Crowe stars as the legendary figure known by generations as “Robin Hood,” whose exploits have endured in popular mythology and ignited the imagination of those who share his spirit of adventure and righteousness. In 13th century England, Robin and his band of marauders confront corruption in a local village and lead an uprising against the crown that will forever alter the balance of world power. And whether thief or hero, one man from humble beginnings will become an eternal symbol of freedom for his people.
    The untitled Robin Hood adventure chronicles the life of an expert archer, previously interested only in self-preservation, from his service in King Richard’s army against the French. Upon Richard’s death, Robin travels to Nottingham, a town suffering from the corruption of a despotic sheriff and crippling taxation, where he falls for the spirited widow Lady Marion (Blanchett), a woman skeptical of the identity and motivations of this crusader from the forest. Hoping to earn the hand of Maid Marion and salvage the village, Robin assembles a gang whose lethal mercenary skills are matched only by its appetite for life. Together, they begin preying on the indulgent upper class to correct injustices under the sheriff.
    With their country weakened from decades of war, embattled from the ineffective rule of the new king and vulnerable to insurgencies from within and threats from afar, Robin and his men heed a call to ever greater adventure. This unlikeliest of heroes and his allies set off to protect their country from slipping into bloody civil war and return glory to England once more.
    Joining Crowe and Blanchett for the film are Oscar® winner Vanessa Redgrave (Julia, Atonement) as John and Richard’s mother, Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine; Mark Strong (Body of Lies, Stardust) as King John’s vicious henchman, Sir Godfrey; Oscar Isaac (Che, Body of Lies) as King John; and Léa Seydoux (13 French Street, upcoming Inglourious Basterds) as the woman who will become queen, French Princess Isabella. Playing key members of Robin’s band of men are Scott Grimes (television’s ER, American Dad) as Welshman Will Scarlet; Kevin Durand (upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine, 3:10 to Yuma) as Robin’s right-hand, Scotsman Little John; and newcomer Alan Doyle as their troubadour, Irishman Allan Adayle.
    Ridley Scott directs the project from a script by Ethan Reiff & Cyrus Voris (creators of television’s Sleeper Cell) and Oscar® winner Brian Helgeland (L.A. Confidential). Scott assembles a team of longtime collaborators for the action-adventure, including John Mathieson (Gladiator, Hannibal) as its cinematographer and Arthur Max (Gladiator, American Gangster) as the production designer. The film’s editor is two-time Oscar® winner Pietro Scalia (Black Hawk Down, JFK), and its costume designer is Oscar® winner Janty Yates (Gladiator, American Gangster). The executive producer is Charles Schlissel (Matchstick Men, Flightplan).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information