Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sienna Miller to play Maid Marian in Ridley Scott's 'Nottingham'

Sienna Miller as Marian? That's ridiculous.
    I'm a fan of the Kevin Costner movie, nothing will beat that one. Although the BBC series they made recently is not bad.
    No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Well, I saw Sienna in Factory Girl and I was impressed. I think she is realy pretty and actually has great features and isn't boring looking at all. I think she has a hot/wholesome thing going on.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Well, I saw Sienna in Factory Girl and I was impressed. I think she is realy pretty and actually has great features and isn't boring looking at all. I think she has a hot/wholesome thing going on.
    Me too. Another plus is she won't have to fake the accent.

Hit By Ban Bus!

nottingham deathwatch Trouble in 'Nottingham': Is Ridley Scott's Robin Hood on the Rocks?

A note slipped over the Defamer transom this afternoon hints that all is not well in Nottingham, Ridley Scott's reimagining of the Robin Hood legend which was set to begin shooting with Russell Crowe and a really, really, really excited Sienna Miller sometime next month. But we're hearing now that the film which twists Crowe's Sheriff of Nottingham as the hero against Robin Hood's ruthless thief is postponed indefinitely. SAG strike fears, as Miller alluded to in June? Unavailable historical background on Maid Marian's merkin? Inquiries to Universal (which last year paid seven figures for the script) and Scott's pals at Imagine Entertainment weren't immediately returned, leaving us in the lurch for a long weekend to come. Alas, we'll always have Costner.

Defamer

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ridley Scott's Nottingham Delayed

Source: The Hollywood Reporter, Defamer
    July 26, 2008

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed a report that first appeared at Defamer - Ridley Scott's Nottingham has been delayed. The film will star Russell Crowe as Sheriff of Nottingham and Sienna Miller as Maid Marian.

According to the reports, the project had been heading for a mid-August start date in London, but has now been put on hold. The trade says, however, that it has not been determined if this means a postponement or a cancellation.

Nottingham, which Universal and Imagine are producing, has been one of the handful of high-profile productions determined to push ahead despite the labor uncertainty surrounding the current stand-off between producers and SAG.

It is not yet known what factors led to the current decision to put the brakes on the production.

ComingSoon.net

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Yes, he was lovely in it, wasn't he?
    "...And cancel Christmas!!!"
    I even liked Kevin Costner in it, even though his accent was ludicrous. "Im Robin of Locksley, now gimme back mah land!"
    Alan Rickman makes every film he's in better. He's so damn smart & funny!!!!
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Hit By Ban Bus!

I find Sienna the most generic, boring-looking chick ever. I can't even remember what she looks like until I see her again. Plus, she looks a good 10 years older than her age.

Don't get the appeal at all.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    nottingham deathwatch Trouble in 'Nottingham': Is Ridley Scott's Robin Hood on the Rocks?

A note slipped over the Defamer transom this afternoon hints that all is not well in Nottingham, Ridley Scott's reimagining of the Robin Hood legend which was set to begin shooting with Russell Crowe and a really, really, really excited Sienna Miller sometime next month. But we're hearing now that the film which twists Crowe's Sheriff of Nottingham as the hero against Robin Hood's ruthless thief is postponed indefinitely. SAG strike fears, as Miller alluded to in June? Unavailable historical background on Maid Marian's merkin? Inquiries to Universal (which last year paid seven figures for the script) and Scott's pals at Imagine Entertainment weren't immediately returned, leaving us in the lurch for a long weekend to come. Alas, we'll always have Costner.

Defamer
    Boiy, when this goes into production, Mrs. Crowe better make sure she's on the set every minute of every single day. Especially since Slut-ienna is even more really, really, really excited then she usually is by the scent of a married man. She's such a whore.

Elite Member

Defamer
    Boy, when this goes into production, Mrs. Crowe better make sure she's on the set every minute of every single day. Especially since Slut-ienna is even more really, really, really excited then she usually is by the scent of a married man. She's such a whore.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Boy, when this goes into production, Mrs. Crowe better make sure she's on the set every minute of every single day. Especially since Slut-ienna is even more really, really, really excited then she usually is by the scent of a married man. She's such a whore.

Yeah, I said the other day she should park her ass on the set with a knife in her hand.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The wrong type of leaves cause Ridley Scott to cancel Robin Hood production

Cancelled: Ridley Scott has pulled the plug on Robin Hood over the colour of leaves in Sherwood Forest

The director of the new Robin Hood blockbuster has pulled the plug on the film shoot after realising the green Sherwood Forest would turn brown before his crew had finished work.
    Ridley Scott cancelled the production, which was due to begin in the UK in two weeks time, when it occurred to him that autumn would destroy his leafy backdrop.
    A statement from Universal - the studio backing the project for an estimated 50 million - revealed that the stars of Nottingham, Russell Crowe and Sienna Miller, had been informed of the decision.
    'The film's forest locations need to be green,' it added.
    The wrong shade of leaves is not the only problem.
    Universal said the anticipated Screen Actors Guild strike could throw a cloud over the production.
    The studio is also unhappy with the script which was originally by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris but has been redrafted by Oscar-winning screenwriter Brian Helgeland.

Stars: Russell Crowe and Sienna Miller, who were scheduled to begin work on the film later this year, have been informed of the decision

The statement from Universal added that it 'could have moved forward with one of these challenges, but the confluence of the three caused the studio to reconsider'.
    Universal said it was still committed to the film, which will be a revisionary retelling of the Robin Hood story through the eyes of the Sheriff of Nottingham, played by Crowe.
    Miller was due to play Maid Marian but scheduling clashes could now force her to drop out.
    Just last month, Miller said she was thrilled at landing the part, saying: 'It's happening. I just found out. It's the most exciting news in the world.'

Daily Mail

I hope this film still happens. Ridley Scott is a pretty good director and Russell Crowe (even though he's a bit arrogant) is IMO one of the best actors around.

Please make it happen...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
    I hope this film still happens. Ridley Scott is a pretty good director and Russell Crowe (even though he's a bit arrogant) is IMO one of the best actors around.

Please make it happen...
    Oh, I'm with you. Did you read the link I posted? If this happens the way they are saying, it could be incredibly interesting.

Hit By Ban Bus!

'Nottingham': Will Russell Crowe ever romp in Sherwood Forest?

05:58 PM PT, Aug 5 2008
    There are so few high-profile studio movies being made in Hollywood today that it was something of a surprise to discover last week that "Nottingham," Ridley Scott's much-anticipated Robin Hood drama, had been postponed, even with Russell Crowe on board in the role of a more likable-than-usual Sheriff of Nottingham. Universal Pictures, which is financing, cited labor uncertainty, an unfinished script and seasonal concerns about shooting during winter in forest locations that needed to have the rich green hue associated with leafy Sherwood Forest.
    The original script, by Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris ("Bulletproof Monk"), had been such a hot property that Crowe signed on immediately, prompting a big studio bidding war that was won by Universal and Brian Grazer's Imagine Entertainment, which will produce the film. Even though Scott had tried to take the film (as a producer) to Fox during the initial bidding war, he had a good-enough relationship with Grazer (they made "American Gangster" together) to still sign on as the director. Scott immediately passed muster with Crowe, who had starred in the director's Oscar-winning "Gladiator" and the more recent (ahem, not quite as successful) "A Good Year."
    So if the film has a huge star and a A-plus filmmaker raring to go, what's really slowing it down? I had lunch today with Universal Chairman Marc Shmuger, who offered some answers:

The original script had enormous appeal because it had what Hollywood craves--a great part for a big movie star. But it wasn't exactly the kind of character Scott imagined for his vision of Sherwood Forest. "The script had the sheriff of Nottingham as a 'CSI'-style forensics investigator, set in medieval times," Shmuger explains. "It was really well written, but Ridley's interest took him in a different direction."
    Scott brought veteran screenwriter Brian Helgeland on to do rewrites, but wasn't entirely happy with the results. So now, Hollywood being Hollywood, the movie is getting a new rewrite, this time by British playwright Paul Webb. He has worked on several highly regarded unproduced scripts, most notably "Lincoln," which has Steven Spielberg attached to direct, and a civil rights drama called "Selma." Webb is supposed to turn in his new draft later this month, which--if everything goes right, which it usually doesn't--could allow filming to begin as early as late October. It is more likely the project won't gear up until early 2009, making it impossible to make its original November 2009 release date.
    The delay could help on one front. Crowe, who has looked, shall we say, like he's been feasting on the king's venison in recent films, needs to lose some weight before he's ready to play such an athletic part. (After all, he's not playing Friar Tuck in this movie.) As encouragement, the production team plans to send Joe Abunassar, a top Las Vegas-based trainer who works with NBA stars, to Australia to get Crowe into fighting shape. Still, Universal is bullish on the movie, which it sees as an elevation of the many different TV and film renditions of Robin Hood over the years.
    "This is an enduring myth that people love," says Shmuger. "It's a story that offers a new understanding of the origins of a real folk hero. You get a real understanding of--this is how Robin Hood became an outlaw and this is how those guys became the Merry Men of Sherwood Forest. Ridley's vision of the movie is very visceral, very physical--you're really in the forest, pulling back a giant bow."
    Sitting in his booth in the Universal commissary, Shmuger mimed pulling back a giant bow and almost tore a biceps muscle. "Those bowmen were extraordinary athletes," he said, after catching his breath. "I don't know the pressure per square inch, but it surely took a real athlete to handle the kind of bows they used back then. But that's the point--this movie is going to feel real. It makes a legend we all know feel historically relevant."
    Of course, it's not a movie yet. It needs a new script, a budget and a start date. That's a tall order. Maybe Russell Crowe can relax for a few more weeks before rushing into that killer workout regime.

Yeah Rusty, pleeeease get back in fighting shape. I miss my Roman General.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information