Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Shameless.. Come on, I know some of you MUST be watching!!

I loved the first season and then they lost me in the second. I have to go back and watch. William H.Macy is great.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    It's been sitting my Netflix cue for AGES. Never read much about it, until now. Seems like I have a great new show to plow through.
    It's very addictive. If you start watching an episode, before you know it, you've watched 5 episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I loved the first season and then they lost me in the second. I have to go back and watch. William H.Macy is great.
    The second season gets a bit much when Monica & Bob show up, Karen gets pregnant, Lip & Mandy, Ian & Micky - it's just nonstop! That's why I bought the first 2 seasons so that we can waste an entire weekend drinking and watching this shit!

I will agree with the previous thoughts on Kev & V and how far they are willing to go to have a baby!
    bonnie lass likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

V's mom--"I feel like a ghost prostitute" OMG
    bonnie lass likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I miss crazy, racist, naked old Stan that lived above and owned The Alibi!
    "You fuckin' portageez, I know you fucked my sister!"
    bonnie lass likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Silver Member

I want Vee and her mom to end up pregnant at the same time. The one liners from Vee alone would be the death of me! Grade A fuckery!

I love this show! I saw the British version and was a little leary of a U.S. version, but I can say that I think it's just as good as the British version.

The thing that made my jaw drop was not Vee/Kev/mom (on this show, I just feel like that's child's play), but when the dad came home and found his son (is his name Mickey?) and Ian having sex and then pistol whipped him, brought home a prostitute and made the son have sex with him in front of Ian. That really got away with me. I felt real bad for the both of them.
    bonnie lass likes this.

^ Yeah, that was a hard scene to watch. The Milkovich dad is a real monster. Makes Frank look like father of the year.
    bonnie lass likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Yeah, that guy is an absolute MONSTER! Poor Micky, Mandy and all the others! Poor little Molly with his "girl penis"... just a family of fucked up kids.
    bonnie lass likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

They sure glossed over the Molly thing though. I read somewhere that they cut the scene with the mom (played by Lori Petty) coming to pick her up. Don't know why they did that.

Elite Member

I watched most of the... second season? It was good! Got hooked on it cuz it came on around the same time as Dexter, but I haven't yet watched this season. This show makes me love WHM more than before, and makes me really really love Emily Rossum- I think that's her name, she plays the part very well.
    bonnie lass likes this.

I love the show, but I cannot suspend the disbelief that multiple women would sleep with Frank. He is the worst person ever.
    bonnie lass and Gossiplover like this.

I seriously want to thank mel for starting this thread. I'd heard of the show, but never knew what it was about until reading about it here. My interest was piqued and I am SO hooked now. I have my new favorite obsession. I love all of it. And I cannot believe that is Emmy Rossum. I did not think she had this in her, and I am happy to stand corrected. I knew she was a good actress, but I wasn't expecting the character that is Fiona. She's so awesome.

So, why isn't this thing up for more awards? The script, the acting, the music, all of it.
    bonnie lass likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I, also, thought no on else was enjoying this as much as I do, but I've recently been touting the talent of Emmy Rossum whenever I could, but never seemed to get much response until this thread. She seriously annoyed me when she was known only for her beautiful singing voice/Phantom of the Opera debut. This girl has fully embraced the Fiona character, and I'm forever rooting for her. The entire cast is stellar. If not for a few UNreal moments, ie Vee and her mom and Kev, I totally live for this show now.

You all are very welcome! I kept waiting for a thread to show up about it but that just never happened so, here we are! I agree about Emmy Rossum - before I saw her in Shameless, she was just "that girl from Phantom of the Opera". Watching her embrace this character and really bring Fiona to life has totally impressed me with her. seriously - unfuckingbelivable! I haven't watched last night's episode because I pulled a Frank Gallagherlike drunk yesterday so I'll be watching that this evening as soon as I get home...
    Waterslide and Chilly Willy like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

I started watching yesterday due to your recommendation and I loved what I have seen of Season 1. Emmy Rossum's performance is goosebump-inducing. She is so amazing.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^You should have seen her last night! Fiona is so badass!

'You sure your girlfriend will be ok?' Fuck that douche Jimmy.

And Frank! Sitting at the bar in that shirt, terrified that his new roommate Chris is a serial killer!

OMG! and Carl trying to off Cousin Patrick! 'Can we just agree that offing people is unacceptable?'

I swear, I almost fell off my chair laughing several times!
    Last edited by Sasha; March 11th, 2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Waterslide likes this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information