Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Shameless.. Come on, I know some of you MUST be watching!!

^^^ Steve/Jimmy/Jack

Stimmyjack
    bonnie lass and laynes like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Well, the damn Snowflake was right about Ian. Dammit!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

A*O

So Mickey isn't such a shit after all. He's genuinely concerned about Ian. I predict Flip and Mandy will get back together and his crazy roomie will go all bunny boiler. Good times. Frank is irredeemable and will destroy his new liver ASAP.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    So Mickey isn't such a shit after all. He's genuinely concerned about Ian. I predict Flip and Mandy will get back together and his crazy roomie will go all bunny boiler. Good times. Frank is irredeemable and will destroy his new liver ASAP.
    I'm not going to lie, Noel Fisher (Mickey) almost put a tear in my eye with his acting. Mickey's character development this season has been fantastic and Noel has really shown his range as an actor in my opinion. His "coming out" scene was great. He and Ian have real chemistry and I like that they're not portrayed as the stereotypical gay couple a la Modern Family.

I bet Fiona is hooking up with her new boss by the end of the 1st episode next season. I'm interested to see how "Jack" inserts himself back into the picture.

Mandy at the restaurant broke my heart. ^^ I agree that Lip will get sick of sorority girl and go back to her. It's funny how similar Mandy and Amanda are though in helping Lip reach his potential at school.

If anyone thought Frank was going to stay on the straight and narrow..then they haven't been paying attention the last few seasons. He's a damn fool.
    Jazzy likes this.

Gold Member

I love this show, but I hope this season is its last.

I liked the dinner party for all the donors. Frank says to the mother, "Hi, I'm liver."
    laynes likes this.

I just realized Carl is the love child of miley Cyrus and the biebs

Bronze Member

^ lmao....I'm tired as hell but have a shit ton of stuff to do before I can crawl into bed, so the mental pic of Carl strutting around with a foam hand between his legs while singing shitty 'ooh baby' songs should scare away any thoughts of sleeping for most of the night!

Carl has always been my favorite Gallagher.
    LeAnn looks like she was born down wind from an outhouse.

I was laughing @ kev's face when he realized he cut the brake line on that guy's motorcycle.

i hope lip doesn't kill his lover's husband for her.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

december 09, 20166:30am pt by lesley goldberg, matthew belloni'shameless' star emmy rossum demands equal pay (and more) for season 8 (exclusive)

courtesy of showtime
    william h. Macy and emmy rossum
    the renegotiations are holding up the renewal for the veteran showtime dramedy.
    shameless actress emmy rossum is locked in a pay standoff that is holding up a possible eighth season of the popular showtime dramedy.
    rossum, 30, who stars as the young gallagher family matriarch fiona on the hit series, not only is seeking salary parity with co-star william h. Macy, multiple sources tell the hollywood reporter she is taking the position she should be paid more per-episode than macy makes after years of earning much less than her emmy-nominated co-star.

macy, 66, who stars as drug and alcohol addict frank gallagher, recently renegotiated his deal with producer warner bros. Television for the yet-to-be announced eighth season and scored a raise that sources say puts his salary in the upper echelon of cable dramas. Now rossum is seeking a similar deal and to make more than macy. The cast's last renegotiation a few years ago gave raises to all the main members of the ensemble. But macy, who came into shameless with an extensive film resume and an oscar nomination for his role in fargo, always has been paid more than the rest of the cast.
    warner bros. Tv and showtime declined comment.

it's worth noting that shameless nearly has killed off macy's frank character, most recently wrapping season six with a cliffhanger in which he was thrown over a bridge into the chicago river. (he survived.) on the flip side, rossum's fiona often has been the focal point of the series. Fiona, who is frank's eldest daughter, is charged with overseeing the gallagher household and her five siblings. Unlike in the british series on which the drama from producer john wells is based, fiona plays a key role in every episode. The u.k. Fiona (anne-marie duff) only has appeared as a regular in seasons one and two and recurred in season 11. (the u.k. Frank, played by david threlfall, has been a regular in all 11 seasons.)

in its seventh season, shameless has become a key piece of showtime's original scripted lineup. The drama has pulled off the rare feat of airing twice in the same calendar year (this year) in a bid to fill the originals gap created by homeland's delay to early 2017. shameless also is a key asset for warner bros. Tv, which is attempting to sell more series to premium cable outlets as broadcast networks buy from their vertically aligned studios. But while the u.s. Adaptation is a hit stateside, because it is based on a format it does not sell well internationally, limiting its value.

on the awards side, macy has scored three best actor in a comedy series emmy nominations, a critics choice drama actor nom, a golden globe comedy actor nom, two sag comedy actor noms and one win in the latter. Awards season recognition can play a key role in salary renegotiations. Rossum, who was known for the feature film reboots of phantom of the opera and the day after tomorrow before breaking out in shameless, has scored two critics choice best actress nominations for her work as fiona. This season, rossum made her directorial debut.

sources say if rossum closes her deal, producer wbtv then will renegotiate with the remainder of the cast, including jeremy allen white (lip), cameron monaghan (ian) and steve howey (kevin). If she can't close a deal, showtime could choose to renew the show without her or cancel it.

in its seventh season, shameless is a top five cable drama among total viewers, adults 18-49 as well as adults 18-34. shameless, along with homeland, ranks as showtime's longest-running scripted original. They are part of a roster of hourlong shows that also includes the affair, billions and ray donovan. Set to join that roster in 2017 are twin peaks, jim carrey-produced i'm dying up here, daniel craig starrer purity and john ridley's idris elba mini guerrilla. This past year, showtime bid farewell to dramas masters of sex, roadies and penny dreadful.

rossum has become the latest actress to demand equal pay with her male co-stars. house of cards star robin wright threatened to go public if she didn't get parity with kevin spacey on the netflix drama. "there are very few films or tv shows where the male, the patriarch, and the matriarch are equal. And they are in house of cards," she said in may. "i was looking at the statistics and claire underwood's character was more popular than [frank's] for a period of time. So i capitalized on it. I was like, 'you better pay me or im going to go public.' and they did."

other actresses who have received parity include the stars of modern family, who were bumped up after the show broke out (and collected multiple awards season wins) to match ed o'neill, who initially was paid more because he was a name-brand tv star when the show first launched. The same is true for the cast of friends, who all wound up earning the same after courteney cox initially had a bigger paycheck at the show's start given her higher profile at the time.
    shameless
    'Shameless' Star Emmy Rossum Demands Equal Pay (and More) for Season 8 (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter

Like it says in the article, William H Macy is barely a part of the show anymore and lately his presence is more like that of Lenny and Squiggy than Laverne or Shirley. I totally get why he was the higher paid actor when the show started, but Fiona became the main focus of the show a long time ago. I don't see how the show could go on without her and I also don't see why it's so hard just to pay her more than Macy.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Well we know why....and the media coverage is spinning it so that it's basically her being greedy, and emphasizes Showtime's option to cancel the show instead of paying her more (so blaming her if the show gets canceled, instead of it being her asking for pay equal to that of what the star of the show should be paid instead of below a person who is essentially a guest star at this point). There's also the point that if they do raise her pay, they would be calling in the male actors to renegotiate their salaries too. So if they pay her more, they would likely raise the men's salaries too so she still wouldn't be earning that much more than other parts of the cast.
    Waterslide likes this.

^Yep, I totally agree. And it's pathetic. I mean logically (heaven forbid!), she should be paid the most, and Lip, etc. should get a raise, and Macy should stay the same I guess. No reason to hardball her except, you're right, we do know why.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Gold Member

Fuck them. I can understand why William H. Macy was the highest paid in the first season because he was the most established but from the second season onwards, it should have been Emmy. It's an ensemble show but it was clear from the start that Fiona was the central character, she's the actor who is given the most intrusive scenes/storylines and Emmy is the one who seems to do the bulk of the publicity every season. It's shameful that it has taken this long and it's shitty that they're even fighting her on this.
    Waterslide likes this.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information