Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sex and the City: the spoilers

I just got home from seeing this. i LOVED LOVED LOVED it. i will buy the DVD as wel when it comes out.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I saw it last night and thought it was total bullshit.

P.S. Who the fuck was their stylist?

HATERS in the mist!! NOOOO!!!

Maybe I'll go see it after work tomorrow. There's a theater in my area that only charges $5 for every show on Sundays and Wednesdays b/c they understand the principles of business. Charge half the cost of the theater 2 miles away and you're gonna have a full theater while theirs is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by kalirga View Post
    I saw it last night and thought it was total bullshit.

P.S. Who the fuck was their stylist?
    Patricia Field

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    HATERS in the mist!! NOOOO!!!
    lol.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Elite Member

I saw it tonight. It was good but I hated that Carrie was depressed in Mexico and I didn't like that Samantha broke up with Smith. I thought there should've been a way for her to reconcile her identity and still be part of a couple.

Poor Charlotte was kind of second fiddle and that pooping thing, yeesh.

Miranda was ridiculously bitchy, she should've tried counseling before giving up on Steve, not after. And how inconsiderate of her to spew her bile at Big on the night before his wedding!

The clothes (not on the girls) were fabulous. I hate the way they dressed Miranda. Samantha's outfits always suck, they're either too trashy or too 80's Dynasty-esque. Carrie didn't get as many good clothes as she should've although the wedding dresses were amazing!

i absolutely cracked up, when Charlotte had carrie in her arms, trying to get her into the limo, and Big started to come over, and Charlotte went APE SHIT yelling at him saying NOOO. then she trotted to the other side of the limo.

Miranda was always bitchy, so this didnt surprise me at all.

i was sad that Smith and Samantha broke up, she missed some of his efforts to show her his love. its ok, maybe in the sequel....

i loved the ending.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Saw it today and loved it!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the series...I just hate how everything changed...they're all coupled up (okay, 'cept Samantha, but....)...the show was about being fabulously single and they went and ruined it. What now??? What do I do now??? How do I go on???

It's just like the last Harry Potter...I wish they'd left the series alone so Carrie and Co. would remain...somehow it made me feel a little less lonely. I mean, I don't have a tight group of girlfriends, but I took comfort in that show...fuck marriage man..shit...

^^^ i see your point, but ew, if they'd have all stayed single, i dont think it would have been as fun. i do wish they would have kept samantha in new york, made her single a bit earlier. You can hold out hope, maybe they'll be divorced for the next one ! LOL
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by kalirga View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the series...I just hate how everything changed...they're all coupled up (okay, 'cept Samantha, but....)...the show was about being fabulously single and they went and ruined it. What now??? What do I do now??? How do I go on???

It's just like the last Harry Potter...I wish they'd left the series alone so Carrie and Co. would remain...somehow it made me feel a little less lonely. I mean, I don't have a tight group of girlfriends, but I took comfort in that show...fuck marriage man..shit...
    The show was also about them finding love. I personally loved the movie, but I can see why people would think it came up short.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I saw it last night and again tonight.

I wish Charlotte had gotten more substantial screen time, but Kristin Davis knocked what little she got out of the park! The scene where she goes apeshit on Big was actually pretty moving. I thought it was nice to see her fierce, protective side when someone hurts her friends. It was rare to see Charlotte so enraged, and that made it a powerful moment. And having her trot off in that ridiculous bridesmaid dress was a funny, good way to lighten the tension. That was well done.

I also thought the scene where she shits in her pants in Mexico was hilarious. When you see her mouth "FUCK" and then she gets a horrified look of repulsion/humiliation was just one of the funniest things I think I've ever seen.

I thought Carrie was too self centered and the clothes, for the most part, were ridiculous. There's a difference in "cutting edge" and just flat out stupid and ugly. Carrie didn't seem like Carrie. Something about her was off. Especially towards the second half of the movie, I kept feeling like I was watching SJP do a bad imitation of Courteney Cox on Dirt. And why the heck did she need an assistant???

I also was disappointed that Miranda didn't stick to her guns and that Steve's cheating was just kind of explained away as an understandable "indiscretion" while she was made into an uber-bitch for kicking him to the curb after he FUCKED SOMEONE ELSE. Personally, I think he's a whiny, wimpy loser and kind of a jerk. I've never understood his appeal and I would have loved to see Miranda assert herself and tell him to fuck off, for good, instead of go crawling back to him, wondering if she's even good enough for him ("It occured to Miranda that Steve's list might have more cons than pros.")

Kim Cattral was great as Samantha. Hilarious as always.

I found it annoying that Charlotte's kid was ALWAYS hanging around them. Especially when she brings her kid to their brunch and gets upset that they use adult words around her. If you don't like it, get a babysitter. Don't make a bunch of adults talk like 5 year olds to accommodate your kid.

The end was good and I thought it was a nice way to come full-circle.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^ITA about Steve. I couldn't care less if he were kicked off the show. And imo, Carrie got an assistant to put a buffer between herself and everyone she knew, so she didn't have to talk to them face to face about the wedding.

BTW, I LOVED SJP's hair when she colored it reddish brown. I thought it went well with her blue eyes, and I couldn't stop staring at it.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah the reddish brown was far better than the rat shit roots w/ blonde scragglies on the end!

and what happened to stanfords hot bf?!

and poor Smith, im sad they broke up

i thought it was out of character for Steve to do that

very entertaining though for a fan of the show; i saw it at 4pm and it was pretty packed.........w/ old ppl and a lot of men by themselves

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post

I found it annoying that Charlotte's kid was ALWAYS hanging around them. Especially when she brings her kid to their brunch and gets upset that they use adult words around her. If you don't like it, get a babysitter. Don't make a bunch of adults talk like 5 year olds to accommodate your kid.

The end was good and I thought it was a nice way to come full-circle.
    OMG no kidding, about Charlotte bringing the kid to everything!
    and didnt you just love it when Big opened the doors at the courthouse so he could surprise Carrie???? i got misty eyed! lol
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information