Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Serious movie scenes we can't help but laugh at

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I can't find the clip, but the scene from The Dark Knight when Rachel Dawes dies. At first I had no reaction to the scene, but everytime I've watched it since I just start chuckling/laughing. I hated Maggie Gyllenhaal in that movie.
    I not only laughed I also cheered.

Bronze Member

I know the movie is not out yet but Ryan Reynolds cast as Green Lantern makes me laugh. Maybe it will prove to be wrong but it just sounds like a bad match to that lantern.

i laughed all the way through wanted...well, when i wasn't wanted to jab my eyes out anyway. it was just so over-the-top ridiculous that i couldn't take it seriously.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I have to be honest and say I crack up at Star Wars, particularly when it's being extra serious. It drives mr. butt nuts.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

The pigs blood scene from Carrie, after the bucket tips over and all the blood comes spilling out. Carrie's face, and the way Tommy Ross yelled 'WHAT THE HELL?!' while pointing at her was hilarious.

And the scene from Speed, where they have to jump over the part of the overpass that was incomplete... On the bus no less... Just the way the bus went flying through the air had me in stiches, even when the movie first came out, and mom would watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by chavah81 View Post
    ^^ lmao!

I have to say by far the funniest for me is Bram Stokers Dracula! I attempted to watch it a few weeks ago. I could not stop laughing at the bad english accents of Wynona Ryder and Keanu Reeves! They were absolutley TERRIBLE in it!
    That movie is crap...
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    i laughed all the way through wanted...well, when i wasn't wanted to jab my eyes out anyway. it was just so over-the-top ridiculous that i couldn't take it seriously.
    me too. That movie was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I have to be honest and say I crack up at Star Wars, particularly when it's being extra serious. It drives mr. butt nuts.
    Is there anyone out there that doesn't laugh hysterically at the "serious" stuff in SW? I mean, that's the kooky charm of the whole thing.

Perhaps not. In any case, I'm on the laughing hysterically while slightly drunk train with you Ms Butt It's a far more fun way to watch Star Wars

'The Other Sister'... I also spent the entire first hour of Mamma Mia! under the impression that it was supposed to be some sort of parody or satire because none of the main characters could sing. I finally asked one of my friends who was sitting next to me in the theater, and when they informed me it was serious, I was stunned. Stunt casting is not a great idea when you're casting a musical.

I think Amanda Sefreid has a great voice, and Meryl wasn't so bad. Pierce Brosnan, on the other hand, should be barred from ever uttering a tune

the classic one for me is all of the matrix movies. my boyfriend is a total matrix nerd. its so funny to hear him gabble on about it at first,
    he is a very cool laidback guy normally but something about these movies brings out the obsessive fantard within.
    after we had been dating for a while he whipped out his entire matrix dvd collection(special collecter's editions with snore inducing extras). I couldn't sit through any of it it with a straight face, i just found it all hiliarous. That one scene in the first movie where neo meets morphus and gives him the red pill/blue pill choice.. i just burst out laughing and i'm not even sure why... i just find it all so funny.
    bf got really offended and was in a mood with me for the rest of the night.

even now if i dare to negatively comment on the matrix movies i get some long winded lecture about symbolism and technology and philosophy and conspiracies...

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I think Amanda Sefreid has a great voice, and Meryl wasn't so bad. Pierce Brosnan, on the other hand, should be barred from ever uttering a tune
    Second that. Colin Firth was surprisingly good as a singer *files away with Mr Darcy fantasy...*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information