Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious movie scenes we can't help but laugh at

^^^^
    Yeah, Showgirls.....woosh...where to start??

Me and my friend volunteer at a local independant cinema and get to watch the films for free in exchange for greeting people and taking tickets at the door. We share a VERY SIMILAR sense of humour, and chuckled our way through 'Angels and Demons' last week, so many moments of hilarity! My favourite parts.....

When they tried to pull down the pope wannabe and ended up killing him even more comprehensively than the killer had intended!

All the shots of the crowds when they were looking for the murderer, and they kept focussing on all the roughest, most suspicious people..it was like the Bad Bus had just unloaded!

And the general lack of urgency in finding the next murder. 'Oh, we've got 50 minutes to search all of Rome, let's go to the library and discuss theological doctrine!'

I've just come back from ushering at 'Last Chance Harvey' man, that was a weird film. The height difference between Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson was quite rib-tickling.

My other friend will no longer watch films with me after I took the piss out of 'Armageddon' and 'MI-2' Apparently I'm inhuman because I didn't bawl my eyes out when Bruce Willis copped it on the meteor.

Oh, and yeaah, Titanic is one big yuk-fest...especially Leo's death and the falling bodies, I tried so hard not to laugh as I watched that. I can't stand these films that blatantly try to make you cry..they have the opposite effect on me.

God, I sound like such a heartless bitch!

Star Wars: Luke, I am your father... nooooooooooooooooooo thats impossible... search your feelings you know it to be true....nooooooooooooooo

I piss myself laughing at that scene, my brother used to hate me for it but now he is beginning to see the funny side.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    When Brad Pitt/the Devil gets run down by a car in 'Meet Joe Black'.. and when he's going that god-awful rastafarian accent at the hospital later on.
    Hahaha, I totally cringed when I first saw it then hit rewind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by beachblondie View Post
    The entire twilight movie. it was supposed to be all serious but i found it hilarious.
    By the time the baseball scene started, I knew I was in for quite a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    the part of titanic when the ship goes vertical, & all of the people are flying off in all directions.
    that's so funny! i forgot all about that. i remember being in the theater with my boyfriend at the time and we both were laughing our asses off. i think the people around us thought we were nuts.
    I'm not loafing, I just work so fast I'm always finished.

It's an obscure film but pretty much all the sex scenes in Damage left me and a friend howling with laughter at the cinema. Other people tried to take it seriously but ended up laughing along, esp. when Jeremy Irons was banging Juliette Binoche's head on the floor.

Also the ending in Underworld when Bill Nighy's character is cut in two. Hilarious.

And even though I had rather liked Revenge of the Sith from the clusterfuck that were the prequels, I agree that that last "Noooo" as Darth Vader stumbled got an inappropriate laugh out of me too. As did most of Natalie Portman's acting.

Bronze Member

...Have to agree on the Star Wars ROTC one - anytime its watched and we remember what coming up, its a mad scramble for the remote and the mute button. Can live with it in silence, but the ott "NO" breaks out the giggles every damn time.

City of Angels with Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage

When Meg Ryan's character is riding her bike down a hill, no helmet, hands outstretched like she is flying with her eyes closed - then she opens them looks around and smacks right into the truck. I always think of that as her final swan dive.

In the tidal wave scene in Deep Impact, while all the people are running, there's an old man in the corner of the screen sitting on a bench reading the newspaper. He has no idea whats going on, apparently he is completely oblivious to people screaming and sprinting past him in a panic because he just keeps reading until the wave uproots the bench and the newspaper flies out of his hand, then he gets smashed. It's hilarious. There's no way the director didn't intend for it to be funny.

The scene in that awful Halloween H20 where Josh Hartnett and Michelle Williams characters are running from the killer and he's swiping at them with his knife. Was that supposed to be terrifying! I was in hysterics.

The Faculty - the entire movie.

There's plenty more, I just have to think of them. Great thread, I'm cracking up reading everyone else's responses.

Dirty Dancing "Nobody puts baby in the corner"
    It was supposed to be a dramatic scene, but I was laughing my arse off the first time I saw it, and anytime thereafter
    mama mia*
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward

in Baz Luhrmann's Romeo & Juliet, when Romeo shoots Tybalt. When my mates and saw this at the cinema, my friend went "*snort* Sucked in!" at that point.... just as the whole cinema went dead quiet (silence from the film as well)

There was a 10 second pause while the whole cinema heard it... and then pissed themselves laughing. My mate was mortified, and I've never been able to watch it with a straight face!

Or Independence Day, when the weird Area 51 doctor is doing the alien autopsy and the alien's head suddenly pops open - I had a handful of popcorn at the time, got the fright of my life.... and accidentally threw the handful of popcorn over my shoulder as I jumped, straight into the face of the guy behind me. My friend (the same one who snorted in R&J!) could not stop laughing. This time, I was mortified!

^^ lmao!

I have to say by far the funniest for me is Bram Stokers Dracula! I attempted to watch it a few weeks ago. I could not stop laughing at the bad english accents of Wynona Ryder and Keanu Reeves! They were absolutley TERRIBLE in it!

Amen to that!

The DaVinci Code. I couldnt take Tom Hanks and Audrey Tatou's character's seriously - especially the part were Tom's character tells the Agent Sophie that she's related to Jesus - something along those lines.

Elite Member

Default re

Tom Hanks' hair in the Da Vinci code!!

lol - oh yeah the hair lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information