Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Secrets and Lies - ABC

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

ARRRGGG. omg I'm starting to get all confuzzled. lol

Elite Member

I'm not sure but I believe the lawyer was funded by Ben's wife's brother.

Same as Beantown I'm confused. There are 3 episodes left.

I'm going with the wife.

Elite Member

Excellent episode! I can't wait to find out now.

Elite Member

This episode pointed at Christy. That could be a red herring. Ben locked the door when he left Jess's house after the tooth scene. Whoever went inside had a key. That leaves: the best friend, Ben's two daughters, and Christy's brother.

One more possibility, Christy even though it wasn't exactly revealed was having an affair with someone by the name of Sam, who it seems has a ton of money, and we have never seen. Christy's abortion may be the key, since until this episode we weren't aware Ben carried the ultrasound image. Maybe Christy had the abortion because it belonged to Sam. He could be another race and Ben would know the truth.

Any thoughts?

Elite Member

I didn't think about the baby not being Ben's. I think it is more plausible that it was his, and she resented the hell out of Tom because he was the son he never had. If she had an affair, her indignation at Tom is absolutely, ridiculously off base. I really hate Christy. I wouldn't mind if she was the killer. I'm worried it's the youngest daughter. There is a Cornell Confidential that has raises eyebrows. Her reaction, from the first she heard about Tom, was odd.

I just re-read the above post -- Christy absolutely had an affair with Sam? Wow. She is stone-cold. She truly hates Tom.

I don't think it's the best friend or Christy's brother. I can't imagine it being the older daughter. Do you think they would throw another suspect in this late in the game? Another neighbor?

Elite Member

Tulip, I hope it isn't either of the daughters.

Tossing in another suspect is futile and very bad writing. Let's hope not.

Regarding the abortion - Christy, maybe, had no choice but to abort, (this is an assumption) since it did not belong to Ben, and when the baby was born it would be obvious the child did not belong to Ben. That produced resentment and hatred in Christy, having no choice but to abort. This is all guessing, I believe Christy has known for awhile that Tom belonged to Ben. I'm not sure how. I wouldn't be surprised if the crazy neighbor that tortured Ben, reveled it to Christy. He does have issues with cheating within the marriage. Understandable, but his methods fail. Think back at the street party, he watched Ben and Jessie leave the party. But we don't know if he followed them, due to the POV.

I'm going to watch each episode again and see if I missed anything.

I've enjoyed this series, and I hope there is another next spring.

Elite Member

I thought he did follow them and saw them in the garage having sex. That's why he got his undies in such a twist.

Good theory on Christy. I despise her.

What I had heard about the series is that subsequent seasons will focus on new crimes, with Det. Cornell to be only constant character. I have really warmed to her, so I would watch again.

Elite Member

Tulip, you're right! I remember now. See, I really need to watch the episodes again.

I watched E1-3 this morning and it seems Christy is so guilty of this murder. But yet, I want her to be guilty.

I wasn't aware future episodes were centering around Cornell. That's awesome. Juliet is doing a fantastic job, and I'm right by her side.
    tulip likes this.

Elite Member

Read a theory…could it be Jess? Don't know why in the world she'd kill her own son, but Ben locked the door when he left their house…

I want it to be Christy and I want to see her locked up.
    Alysheba likes this.

Elite Member

I recall Ben locking the door. It's possible someone was already in the house. Even someone with a key. We know Ben's family has a key to Jess' house.

Jess the killer? Hmm, not sure about that. But I do recall she made a play for Ben the night before Tom's funeral. That seemed odd to me, but I dismissed it as stress related.

Sunday can't be here soon enough.
    tulip likes this.

Elite Member

I saw KaDee Strickland (is that her name?) on Good Morning America the other day and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked her. She had this lovely southern accent and looked really pretty -- not all pinched and angry like she does as Christy. She's a good actress.
    Alysheba likes this.

Elite Member

I've read several and many believe Christy is the the red herring. Makes sense. Jess was also considered a possibility, but I don't see it at this point. What would really blow things away is if Ben is guilty.

For about 5 minutes I considered the reporter Fenton, he did it to find a way to destroy Cornell. That seems to far out there even for television.
    tulip likes this.

Elite Member

As infuriating as Ben was -- doing so many stupid things..I realized that until he remembered that night he thought he might be guilty and that made me forgive his idiotness. I can't wait to find out who it is.
    Alysheba likes this.

Elite Member

Whoa...I predict....Abby.
    BeantownBitch likes this.

Boston mass, I now reside in the WHITE MOUNTAINS NH

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Whoa...I predict....Abby.

Omg i thought the same tonight but ahhhh that fuckin jess. She is a loonie.
    Alysheba likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information