Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Scariest movie you have ever seen?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    For me, it's the original version of The Omen with Gregory Peck & Lee Remick. It's been almost 30 years since I first saw the film, and I still haven't seen any movie match it for creating a sense of dread & tension from the first scene until the last scene. The kid that played Damien was perfect casting because he was just naturally creepy.
    Yes to all of this. Scary mofo that little kid.

My mom and dad told me how terrifiying Exorcist was so I waited until I was in my 20s to see it. It wasn't as bad as I expected but those devil/demon shows tend to scare the crap out of me. I went to Catholic school and we visited this very old seminary once. One of the seminarians giving the tour to us was doing most of his work in the occult. He told us all about exorcisims and how one priest had thrown himself out of one of the top floors in the seminary at the turn of the century after "demons" had come after him. Scary as hell at the time.

The original Halloween still gets me. That music. The head tilt before he kills you. The fact that he can catch up to anyone just by walking at a normal pace. Shivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    The Descent was absolutely terrifying to me. Very disappointed in the sequel...they should have left perfection alone.

The scene at the end, where the lamp goes out, and she is stuck in the caves. *shudders*

The Descent scared the shit out of me, and I LOVE horror movies and have never felt fear because of them. I don't know if it was because I was in a dark room and it was on a big screen or what but Jesus it scared me.

Of course a movie responsible for scaring me that badly proudly sits in my collection for viewing with a group of people or in the middle of a Sunday afternoon.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose
    House of 1000 Corpses

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    My movie is Horror Hotel also called City of the Dead. Young woman finds witches coven in New England. My platelets are curdling as I type. Those witches were real. Okay?

Leave Whitewood tonight! Leave Whitewood tonight!

It's like Rosemary's Baby meets The Crucible.

The City of the Dead (1960) aka (Horror Hotel) - Stagevu: Your View
    I just bought this one. I liked it--I love older horror movies and this was pretty effective with creating a scary atmosphere.

Another good horror movies is The Innocents. Those kids are creepy and Deborah Kerr loses her marble. It's the scariest ghost story every put to film for me.

Elite Member

Probably the original Halloween.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    The Exorcist, by far. I saw it opening day, and to this day i cannot watch it. blech.
    I would have loved being in a theater on opening day. I heard about people freaking out, fainting, etc.

ETA: Emily Rose also scared me shitless and also made me curious. There is tape of her screaming available on youtube with some still pics of her as she disintegrated. When I heard the scream, I knew something was utterly chilling about it. If it was altered through technology, then it was one hell of a job to capture something so intangible and gut-level. Demon or madness, both equally scary.

The Entity was another.

The Mothman Diaries really chilled me.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose
    House of 1000 Corpses
    Exorcism Of Emily Rose still scares me shitless. Knowing it's based after a true story makes it even worst.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information