Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scariest movie you have ever seen?

I saw the Exorcist at 14 or so and I was just bored. Perhaps you have to believe in possession for it to startle you.

I guess the Shining, but I still love watching that movie. When I saw the Orphanage in theaters, I jumped so hard at a few points that I swear I made the whole aisle shake.

Another for The Excorcist here. I saw it at around 14 and it totally fucked with my head. I will never ever ever watch it again. Ever.

The Exorcist Part 3 with George C. Scott and The Shining.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Ha, how funny even before I opened the thread my answer popped into my head immediately: The Exorcist. Glad to know I'm not alone.

I don't know what it was about that movie. It was based on a true story is probably the biggest reason it scared me. Also it just looked so real. Even now in the age of CGI I think something was uncannily realistic and creepy about it. Maybe the makeup artist deserved an award and maybe I scare easily but to this day I still can't watch that movie especially if I'm alone at night. NO effin way.

Not true. In college I bought the damn DVD thinking the same thing. But nope. Still scared me.
    I grew up not far from where it was supposed to have happened, we drove by the place with my Dad telling us the "true" story. Then we went to see the movie. I swore I'd never see another scary movie. I read a interview with Bubba Smith in Playboy and he said it was his scariest movie too - so I figured if it scared the heck out of a 300 pound football player, I'm not such a sissy.

so then I went to see Carrie. When ever I'm in a cemetery (visiting my parents) in the back of my mind I just know that darn hand is going to come up from the ground and grab me.

I liked Carrie, it was kind of campy in retrospect and that hand was a great gotcha moment at the end. But it didn't really scare me as much as it made me alternately sad for Carrie and then laugh hysterically at her crazy mother's lines. Just for fun my husband and I like to melodramatically shriek them at each other.

"First the blood, then the boys!!"

"I can see your dirty pillows! Everyone will!"

"I could smell that roadhouse whiskey on his breath. Then he took me! And I liiiked it!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctora Pepper View Post
    I saw the Exorcist at 14 or so and I was just bored. Perhaps you have to believe in possession for it to startle you.
    i dont believe in possession. The movie was just freaking scary. I knew i was in a trouble when Linda Blair peed on the carpet.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU3P6WXzvXU[/YOUTUBE]

Interesting how many say Exorcist. Definitely scared the hell out of me when I was young.

When they re-released it back in 2000 I think it was, the 'younger generation' I heard were laughing and having a jolly good old time at the movie theater.

The Shining.

Glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i dont believe in possession. The movie was just freaking scary. I knew i was in a trouble when Linda Blair peed on the carpet.
    I don't believe in possession either, but when we saw it at around 13-14,
    it was maybe 4 or 5 years after its release. At that particular time, there
    was a story of an exorcism, I think it was in Germany, and the girl had
    died during the proceedings. I know that case was mentioned a lot then.

We thought the movie was boring due to its slow start. The moment which
    signified major terror on the way for me was when the picture frame fell.
    My parents were born in Indonesia and there, if somebody's picture fell
    from its place for no apparent reason, it was seen as ominous......
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

stephen king's "it".
    i remember i watched it alone when my parents were away when i was about 8/9/10 and i couldn't sleep for about a year. just thinking about it gives me goosebumps. me and my friend also watched "the exorcist" when we were 11 i think, but it didn't scare me that much. (i know, we started early. )

i also thought "blair witch project" and "paranormal activity" were pretty scary.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Hit By Ban Bus!

The one that scared me the most, was the first Halloween. I was only 5 when I saw it the first time. It's been almost 29 years, and I still remember that night. Me in my footie pajama's, eating ice cream with magic shell on it, spending 2 hours with a blanket over my head, and laying awake all night convinced Michael Myers was in the closet waiting for me.

To this day, Michael Myers still creeps me the hell out.

ETA: The 2nd "scariest" movie I ever saw was the cartoon The Watership Down. My mom, obviously never read the book, took my 2yo self to go see the "cute bunny cartoon". The only thing I remember was the one scene (which I may be mistaken it has be 32 years since I've seen it), was the blood dripping down the screen. My mom and I both walked out traumatized, me for seeing the movie at 2, and my mom for taking her 2yo to see it.

The Shining, Rosemary's Baby and Carnival of Souls (1962)
    I liked The Omen, I thought it was scarier than The Exocist, Damien was one scary little bastard.

I read The Exorcist when I was a teen. The book scared me more than the movie, but the movie is the scariest one I've ever seen.

I don't believe in posession. I think it's mental illness, but that demon's voice scared the crap out of me. Also the special effects, like writing from inside her belly, ugh, gross and scary.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I read The Exorcist when I was a teen. The book scared me more than the movie, but the movie is the scariest one I've ever seen.

I don't believe in posession. I think it's mental illness, but that demon's voice scared the crap out of me. Also the special effects, like writing from inside her belly, ugh, gross and scary.
    This site I found a while ago compares the movie version with the real life case. Emily Rose True Story of Anneliese Michel Exorcism - Real Story

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information