Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Say Yes to the Dress on TLC

Elite Member

They must have 10,000 episodes of this show because it is on all. the. time.

I told my daughter that there will be no entourage when she is shopping for a dress and I will not insist on anything. She is 20, not engaged, so nothing to even be thinking about now, but some of those families are something else!

A bit off topic, but my future MIL just told me she will sew my wedding dress. She was doing haute couture for years and then changed to a big national theater and did the costumes there. So exciting, but also I will need to have an exact idea of what I want. Not sure if this will makes it easier or not for me.
    tulip likes this.
    -

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    A bit off topic, but my future MIL just told me she will sew my wedding dress. She was doing haute couture for years and then changed to a big national theater and did the costumes there. So exciting, but also I will need to have an exact idea of what I want. Not sure if this will makes it easier or not for me.
    Could be an an amazing experience... or not. I'm hoping for the former for you! It is very special that she wants to do this for you.
    fgg likes this.

She's incredibly talented, I know she will do a great job. I'm more afraid that I'm not able to tell exactly what I want. We'll see
    tulip likes this.
    -

LOTS of sequins and beading! Lol, j/k.
    funky_chicken likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    She's incredibly talented, I know she will do a great job. I'm more afraid that I'm not able to tell exactly what I want. We'll see
    If you can draw or have a good friend who can then hit up the wedding dress sites/threads and sketch out the different aspects of each dress that you like and then work on putting them together. Your future MIL is talented and highly experienced so let yourself be guided by her to a certain extent. If she says that something won't work for your figure or doesn't fit well with the rest of the dress then take it on board.
    tulip and funky_chicken like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information