Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The Saddest Movie in the World

I'm not a movie crier, but The Boy in the Striped Pajamas had me sobbing like a fool.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    My Girl when the little boy dies and she's freaking out about put his glasses on he can't see without his glasses
    OMG! I forgot about that one , I swear it's always a pms weekend when I'm flipping channels, I always find this movie and of course have to watch it.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

The Academy Award winning documentary 'The Times of Harvey Milk'(1984).

It was so inspirational for me at the time, and still is, but damn, when they are interviewing the people and they start to break down, and when they play his 'only to be played in the event of my assasination' tape, and when all of the tens of thousands of mourners holding their candles in the dark, extending miles down Market street on the way to city hall...all of this just breaks me down every damn time I see it(saw it again last night and of course at the same moments it just gets to me..)

..partly because it was all real, and partly because as a young gay teen in Ohio I managed to get the San Francisco independent tv channel on cable, and had followed all of this as it actually happened in the late seventies before the doco...

It just hits me so hard every time. Just such a heartbreaking loss..and the knowledge that when this came out in 84 the nightmare heartbreaking losses from AIDS were just around the corner.

God if they only knew then that an even greater massive tragedy was in store for the gay community and it's scale and how it would ravage S.F.

Oh I saw that one Soj, it had me sobbing so hard. The movie Milk with that bastard Sean Penn also made me cry, I lost it at the scene where they showed all of Market Street lit up and full of people marching with vigil candles from the Castro to City Hall. There's so much love and sadness in that scene, it's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    Ah! Beaches is a bad one. I can't watch any of these when I'm having my period. Lorenzos oil is another one.

I haven't seen that one in years. Always a tear-jerker too.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I'm such a sap, there are sooo many movies that make me howl. Off the top of my head there's Steel Magnolias, Braveheart, The Blind Side, Precious, most of the Harry Potters (am a total fantard too), anything Disney, and I've found myself crying my eyes out at a few documentaries too because really nothing's sadder than real life.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    Ah! Beaches is a bad one. I can't watch any of these when I'm having my period. Lorenzos oil is another one.
    Beaches always makes me cry.

Another one is The Way we Were especially the ending and the song is so emotional.

Marley and Me is a killer, and Ladder 49 gets me every time.

The scene in Johnny Belinda where the village people find Belinda's father's dead body, and she does The Lord's Prayer in sign language...it's a gut punch for me.

The funeral at the end of the second version of Imitation of Life. Mahalia Jackson is singing Troubles of the World while the casket is being pulled down the street by horses.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Warrior epics make me cry. Glory, Gladiator, All Quiet on the Western Front.

Those are the ones that really make me cry buckets.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Oh I saw that one Soj, it had me sobbing so hard. The movie Milk with that bastard Sean Penn also made me cry, I lost it at the scene where they showed all of Market Street lit up and full of people marching with vigil candles from the Castro to City Hall. There's so much love and sadness in that scene, it's beautiful.
    I blubbered in that part also.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    several scenes in Schindler's List makes me tear up every time

including the scene you posted
    I know I cried several times during that movie. But, I was sobbing at the end when the families of the people Schindler saved came out. It was too real. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.

I think Disney movies are either really sad (Bambie) or super scary (all the princess movies) for a young audience.

It's very easy to get me start weeping. Everything with animals or kids will just do it.

However, a good crying movie, I can recommend is the painted veil.

Cool

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention La Bamba.

Gets me every time!

"Riiiiiiiitchie"

Ha! Me too, especially when the mom loses it: "Not Richie, Bob! Not my Richieeee!" Overwrought but still makes me get that lump in my froat. Poor woman. Seeing mothers learn their kid has died does it every time.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information