Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Saddest Movie in the World

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Me too! The Humane Society commercial (or is it ASPCA?) where Sarah McLaughlin is signing that damn song about the angels makes me cry every time! Heck, "Animal Cops" on Animal Planet has me in tears half the time! Then, I get all pissed at the owners who harmed or neglected the animals and I yell at the T.V.
    I was just about to post this! Those commercials just rip me up....I change the channel, I WILL start to cry if I watch those poor animals.

So here we go:
    Bambi,
    Lion King when the dad dies
    Fox and The Hound, yet another Disney movie where a baby loses their parent, and it is an animal.
    Disney is special in that sense. Cartoons that make us cry.

I am a big crybaby with the animal movies. Old Yeller, Marley and Me, My Dog Skip. Watched those only once, can't watch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Yeah the notebook had me bawling at the very end.
    It's on right now. The flood gates are opening as I type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Most recently, the Snape scenes got to me in Harry Potter.

Also the climactic scene of The Fall when the little girl is crying and he's crying...

When Dumbo's mother was locked in the cage, then Dumbo visited and they played Baby of Mine, I completely lost it.

OK so this proves PMS really WILL make you cry at anything. I flicked over to Almost Famous and it was near the beginning where the sister leaves town and tells him to check under his bed and he finds all her records - I had rivers of tears running down my face (no sobbing thankfully) which proves that I'll cry at any shit. I'm going to do a little experiment and watch the same scene in a week's time and see if I'm still a pussy by then.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Gold Member

A very sad but little-known movie is The Man in the Moon, Reese Witherspoon's first movie; I think she was 14. Also, The Crossing Guard with Jack Nicholson.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    OK so this proves PMS really WILL make you cry at anything. I flicked over to Almost Famous and it was near the beginning where the sister leaves town and tells him to check under his bed and he finds all her records - I had rivers of tears running down my face (no sobbing thankfully) which proves that I'll cry at any shit. I'm going to do a little experiment and watch the same scene in a week's time and see if I'm still a pussy by then.
    Dude, I tear up whenever they're on the bus and "Tiny Dancer" kicks in and they all have a sing-along.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Atonement.

Originally Posted by Bluebonnet
    Me too! The Humane Society commercial (or is it ASPCA?) where Sarah McLaughlin is signing that damn song about the angels makes me cry every time! Heck, "Animal Cops" on Animal Planet has me in tears half the time! Then, I get all pissed at the owners who harmed or neglected the animals and I yell at the T.V.
    Originally Posted by Bluebonnet
    Can't figure out how to quote, but that ASPCA commercial with the Sara Mc song gets me too....it's like a 5 minute commercial. I HAVE to change the channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
    Most recently, the Snape scenes got to me in Harry Potter.
    I was too busy pointing and laughing at the terrible CGI they'd used to de-age Alan Rickman that I got nothing from those scenes.

The scene with George and dead!Fred really got me, though. It was shortened from the books but I still cried in that tiny scene.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    my pussy is spitting out garbage as well now. i cry like a baby when its doing that so ill be crying about anything. almost started to cry because my room is messy and i dont have any painkillers.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I watched Ladder 49 on a plane and ended up bawling my eyes out in front of a bunch of strangers. I blame the altitude.

I cannot watch Marley and Me, Steel Magnolias, Beaches, Boys Don't Cry, or Million Dollar Baby w/o acting like a blubbering fool.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Dude, I tear up whenever they're on the bus and "Tiny Dancer" kicks in and they all have a sing-along.
    I think that scene touched anyone and everyone who lived in the 1970's.

The ending of On The Beach always packs a wallop for me, especially the shots of the empty streets of Melbourne, after everyone has died from radiation poisoning...and they keep playing the Waltzing Mathilda theme, then the final shot of that banner the Salvation Army put up when people started dying - "THERE IS STILL TIME - BROTHER". It always makes me well up too when Anthony Perkins has to help is wife and child end their lives so they don't get sick and die....the whole movie is depressing.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Oh gosh, I always forget about that one. It's so good. It's not a cryer for me, but I love it.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I remember sitting in my room, watching this on cable when I was like 11, and crying when I watched this too. Just saw that one scene and didn't know what movie it was nor did I watch the rest of it. I didn't watch it completely until years later. Also the scene with the Cat Stevens song when she's in the empty auditorium.

I'll vouch for 'Atonement' too.

'Titanic' when I'm really really really PMSing.

'Pay It Forward' used to do it for me.

'A League of Their Own'.

'The Lion King' when Mufasa dies (hey, fuck off.. it's sad).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information