Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan and Tatum: the O'Neals on the OWN Network

^^^

he's such an ass! but damn, that interview sounds entertaining. i'm going to look it up.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    After reading about his interview with Piers Morgan, I've decided that Ryan is a total fucking asshole and there's no hope for him. It's no wonder his children have so many issues.

Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

Prick!
    what a prick yeah ^, and btw Farrah abused hard drugs for many years (alongside this idiot Ryan), I'm sure that didn't help her health-wise

Elite Member

I like Tatum. She's had to endure a lot, but she's at least REAL. Her father is egotistical, chauvenistic, still a philanderer at heart and hard-headed. The money, fame and Hollywood career didn't help, obviously made him think he was larger than life (when he wasn't and still isn't). I'm also sick of him milking his relationship with Farrah to gain public sympathy. He acts like the grieving widower. Farrah's only 'the love of his life' now because she's dead. When she was alive, they faught like cats and dogs. It seems like it was a turbulent on/off relationship and dysfunctional like all of Ryan's relationships. Now that I'm watching this show it's no wonder she never married him. He was definitely not marriage material and she probably kept him in her life through the years because they shared the son together, but it wasn't a happy union...not like he's trying to play it off to the media.

The Piers interview was really hard to watch. Ryan is such a fake self absorbed piece of shit and he can't hide it when hes speaking.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

^ yeah wow I agree, he's sick in the head and will die that way - meaning, he'll never have an "Aha!" moment you know, he's right, everyone else is invisible.

he's a good actor though, b/c I actually believe he's being a good father during those scenes of him and Redmond - but I know off camera, their relationship is probably a joke to say the least, a drug addict and his abusive enabling bastard father.

I have watched some of this show and its incredibly interesting. It's basically a lesson on what NOT to do as a parent. Tatum comes off very well, even keeled (at least what I have seen) and Ryan as a complete jackass. And a jackass ALL THE TIME. Guy is as toxic as they come. I seriously want to punch him whenever he comes on screen.

And the sad part is, this is probably a toned down version of his true self, since he clearly knows he is being filmed. *shudders*

omg I'm watching Sunday nights show now and its so sad, so sad what a complete ass he is to Tatum who's still scared shitless of him as a 50 year old woman scared of her father - sad.

"ssshhhhhh I was in my cave"

god, he is a creep
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; July 12th, 2011 at 12:26 AM.

Lynnie made me curious and I watched some excerpts and one full episode online, but now I need to see them all. I was completely riveted only because to me they are icons that I've always loved. I never followed their personal lives like a true fan would.

He is what he is and I wouldn't get near him, but on screen I love him. Seeing him on the tv I don't see the fat, the wrinkles and the age spots. He's the actor from Peyton Place who dated beautiful women like Warren Beatty did. That fascinated me. I go right back to What's Up Doc, Love Story, Paper Moon and Partners that I've watched 1000 times. I'm sorry for Tatum and he should never, ever have been a parent. They may never get past the testing and taunting, but his mortality has to kick in sometime. Griffin made the right choice.

Look how Ryan is this tabloid, diva queen attention whore, addict, abuser etc. etc. and he can still charm the young women with his gift of gab. Look at all the women that go for that in real life. I wish they had the Tatum Ryan channel.

Griffin

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U942NhiN1bs&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]
    Last edited by Chalet; July 12th, 2011 at 07:16 PM.

Elite Member

Thanks for the video Chalet. Ryan's such a jerk. I can understand a person loving their new partner but Ryan's constantly harping about how he loved Farrah soooo much and he doesn't have any real loving words about his kids. That's really f***** up on behalf of any parent. He makes it seem that this new woman was more important than his own children. No wonder why his kids are all so angry. He was probably a real asshole when the kids were young and teens. Ryan's lucky Tatum's even attempting to mend their relationship.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information