Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Room 237'- What's The Shining Really About?

i fucking love kubrick. 2001: a space odyssey, a clockwork orange, the shining, barry lyndon, full metal jacket and my all-time favourite, dr. strangelove.
    as for 'the shining', the movie is by far superior to the book, even if the book is by far one of stephen king's best, before he became a total hack. yes, the purists are right that he changed a lot of king's story and the film isn't a very faithful adaptation but imo he only made it better.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Paths of Glory and Dr. Strangelove are two of the best movies ever made. Ever. That is all.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^
    this. and i totally forgot paths of glory.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    As a huge fan of the book (Stephen King was fantastic in the early days, he sucks now), I absolutely HATED this movie. I still hate it, though I watch it now anad again. I don't think there's any great mystery or purpose behind Kubrick's version, just a crazy old man who did too much acid thinking he was an artsy genius. Just full of himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I'm the exact same way. I love the book and he butchered it in the movie. The miniseries is much more true to the book, but still isn't great. And I agree, Kubrick is full of it.
    I love love King(yes his newer stuff is mostly crap) but I still like the movie Jack was awesome and it's one of my favorite roles of his. This movie scared the total shit out of my brother, he still won't watch it alone but I've never thought it was scary at all.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information