Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Riches

i fucking missed it...just like me. will watch encore of course. damnit. was too busy watching The Hills, and AC360 special Sins of the father at the same time....come to think of it special was kind of good so was worth it.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Watched the last half. Undecided. I think Eddie Izzard kind of looks like a midget. Big head, weird, unproportionate arms, short. I can't see Minnie and him as a couple.

Don't know if I'll watch it again.

Bronze Member

i wondered where the thread was for this show. i think its a fantastic idea for a new show. new shows are hard to swallow even though we all want them. i really am liking it...slowly. i'm going to keep with it and give it atleast 6 episodes. very different idea! i love eddie izzard , have loved him from way back...that might be why i'm hanging on?

Bronze Member

ok, just finished watching..i'm way behind time zone wise...loved it. am i the only one? i hope it attracts a following!

It was an okay episode. I'll hang in a while longer. Still not a Minnie fan. But I do love Eddie.

I like it. I'm not a Minnie Driver hater, but I don't really care for her at all. She's not bad, just the accent is so unbelievable.

Eddie Izzard is great and the concept of the show is good.

I haven't warmed up to this show yet. Got interrupted last night so didn't see more than 5 minutes. I'll keep trying but I'm like cynic here, I like Eddie doing stand up.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Silver Member

I watched the first 2 episodes, I missed this weeks though but I'll catch it some night. I do like it, I don't really care for Minnie, but I like her in this.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

This show is fantastic! The only weakness are the accents. Izzard and Driver seems to struggle to maintain them. However, Izzard just does a phenomenal job with his character. I wish they would lose the whole plot line of the gypsy leader who is out to get them because Doug stole the money. That is the only part I really don't care for.

Izzard looks better than he ever has. I always thought he was a rather odd shape but the moderate weight loss has helped.

The female neighbor who Minnie gets the pills from is great! She had a bit part on the first season of Dexter and was a standout there. I also hope this show gets a following. It is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I like it. I'm not a Minnie Driver hater, but I don't really care for her at all. She's not bad, just the accent is so unbelievable.

Eddie Izzard is great and the concept of the show is good.
    Her accent is just terrible.

I missed it last night I fell asleep thanks to some tylenol pm
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus!

Guys - I just saw a promo that Season 2 starts next Tuesday the 18th! WOOT!! I'm friggin pumped! Love me some Eddie Izzard....

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I gave up on this last summer. I got tired of the whole gypsy clan after them storyline. Someone fill me in.

Eddie is hot in this. I know that is weird of me. But he is. I can't help it. I find him attractive. *hangs head in shame*
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    Eddie is hot in this. I know that is weird of me. But he is. I can't help it. I find him attractive. *hangs head in shame*
    Well then perhaps you would enjoy these little webisodes. I think his delivery is just spot-on. God I love him....

Last season left us with a pretty big cliffhanger. Where did you leave off? Did Pete come to town yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information