Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Requiem for a Dream

Default Re: Requiem for a Dream

Gon,
    That site is for prescription addicts, mostly due to their drs stupidity. Benzos are very difficult to withdraw from for many people. Klonopin, Valium, Xanax, Ativan are all very poisonious to our central nervous systems!!!

http://benzoisland.proboards56.com/index.cgi

Eli

Default Requiem for a Dream

I hate this movie. Because it bored me, and because people say I have no taste because I didn't like it. That pisses me off! Until I fart. It's not fair to start my bitching on Requim's grounds, but tough titties.

I'm so insanely sick of realistic movies being considered 'best films of all time' material. Gritty, hard-core films about drugs, sex and crap like that. Well okay... To make a movie realistic it has to automatically have drugs, sex and violence right? Hello, not everybody in the world involves themselves is crap like that.
    Now all the good movies that aren't 100% realistic are slammed for being "cliched".
    Hello?? Who died and made realism boss???

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yeah i could see where you're coming from. Its the same deal with Babel; in both movies its kind of ridiculous that all this shit happened to all these ppl who were so closely related to one another. kind of far-fetched storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ yeah i could see where you're coming from. Its the same deal with Babel; in both movies its kind of ridiculous that all this shit happened to all these ppl who were so closely related to one another. kind of far-fetched storyline.
    not really! i am not saying films like babel and requiem or other "depressing" movies are the only real realistic movies but i just have to look around me at family and friends and all i can say is these movies don't seem far-fechted.

I watched this a few weeks ago... amazing. Really uncomfortable watching, but an excellent movie.

Although did learn a lesson.... do not watch this film when you are feeling a little bit down in the dumps and hormonal AND you're going to be on your own for the whole weekend. I was hysterical by the time my housemates got back on Sunday... just sent me into a deep, deep funk all weekend

Silver Member SophieOrangeBerry's Avatar

Unhappy Requiem for a Dream..

Sorry if this has been posted before.

I've justed watched this film! OMFG, it was so so soo good. It's hard for me to let myself get fully into a film cause most of the tosh you get these days makes me sleepy but this film dragged me in from the off. It was so brilliantly written and acted. It's not just a film for entertainment, it stirrs your emotions up inside and makes you feel like you're going though what the people in the film are- good and bad. It's like you're part of the film itself! I was in tears at the end of it. This film should be shown to teenagers in school to warn them off drugs and how addictions can really tear apart your world cause it's seriously not a 'drugs are cool' type film. Some of it was hard to watch but at the same time, you couldn't tear your eyes away.

This film left me in silence, in awe. It's beautiful but vulger at the same time.

Truely, truely haunting and memorable film.

Has anyone else seen it yet? What are your thoughts?

(my mates haven't so i'm dying just to talk to someone about it!!!)
    Darling... Stop confusing me with your wishful thinking....
    Bang goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van...
    Too soon to be out of me bed

I saw it once, and never again. It's just a very hard film to watch. There are no protagonists, no happy ending.. it's a downward spiral into hell.

It's so wonderfully made though.. the direction is brilliant, Ellen Burstyn should have won that oscar for the portrayal of the mother hooked on speed... she was totally robbed.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm with Grimm.....

It was so depressing, and Ellen Burstyn was robbed...she lost to Julia Roberts for Erin Brockovitch...if you can believe that
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I thought it was brilliant too, but I lived with a drug addict so I have lived that life already, so watching movies about it doesn't get me so much.

Serious? How fucked up is that? She played the role like a master. Julia Roberts can go suck a fuck for all i care. Shocking..

I know what you mean about not seeing the film again. I don't think I will.. well, not for a very long while anyway. It kinda takes you to a place inside yourself that you rarely get to glimps at and while it is so brilliant and beautiful it's also horrorific and heart-wrentching.

I'm glad I watched the film. I think i'll remember this one for a very long time.

Eli

I hate this film.
    For many reasons. For one, I just found the subject matter so mundane. Not something that interests me. I also hate that trickling bubbling sound that comes from crack pipes, and it was omni-present.
    Plus in my opinion a film has to be of universal appeal to be considered good. People who haven't done drugs and don't really pity those kind of losers won't find this enjoyable.

And it just seemed like it was trying too hard. Ellen Burstyn was good though. What a freak!

Fucking hate this film. I'd go so far as to say it's my least favourite film ever.

"Oh look at me! I'm playing see-saw with my anus! This is a unique film because of it!"

Blah-blah.

This coming from the person who thinks Avril Lavigne and Ashlee Simpsonrock? lol?

And the subjects those two wannabes talk/sing/whine about isn't mundane at all?

The film wasn't about the actual taking of drugs, it was about the effects of them and how ignorance and greed can really fuck you and the people around you up.

This film IS unique because it brings out raw emotions in you but then again, judging from your music taste, you're probably not even deep enough or intellectual enough to know what that kinda emotion is even if it slapped you on the face.

Actually, your last post just proved that.

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by SophieOrangeBerry View Post
    This coming from the person who thinks Avril Lavigne and Ashlee Simpsonrock? lol?

And the subjects those two wannabes talk/sing/whine about isn't mundane at all?

The film wasn't about the actual taking of drugs, it was about the effects of them and how ignorance and greed can really fuck you and the people around you up.

This film IS unique because it brings out raw emotions in you but then again, judging from your music taste, you're probably not even deep enough or intellectual enough to know what that kinda emotion is even if it slapped you on the face.

Actually, your last post just proved that.
    JESUS, buddy. Offend much? What the hell? Fine, be forceful. And a dick to me. You'll be a useful asset when China decides to conquer the world.

You know, there is such a thing as different tastes. That's my opinion, quite frankly tough shit if you don't like it. It's there and you can't get rid of it.
    I think this film's crap. And your taste in music, to me, is futile. Pity goes out. I'm sure vice-versa, but the difference in this argument is that I don't care. And aren't angry.
    Quite frankly your av and sig told me much more about you in one second than anything I've posted will tell you about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I saw it once, and never again. It's just a very hard film to watch. There are no protagonists, no happy ending.. it's a downward spiral into hell.

It's so wonderfully made though.. the direction is brilliant, Ellen Burstyn should have won that oscar for the portrayal of the mother hooked on speed... she was totally robbed.
    i haven't watched it again since i saw it at the cinema when it came out. but i agree, it's so well made and acted. beautiful film, even if it is a difficult subject.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Lol, you think i'm angry? Right....

But you said it, there is such things as different tastes and this is a forum to discuss that. I was just opinionating my view on your last post. It seems 'you' can't handle that.

Your post brought me the lols though.

(oh yeah, is there anywhere which states I give a damn about your opinion? I was discussing mine )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information