Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really bad / stupid adverts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
    Yes I remember and it reminded me of the windows & dooes one with that horrible chubby man with the bauld patch and straggly hair shouting 'YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ONE FREE, I SAID YOU BUY ONE, YOU GET ON FREE!!'

He makes my skin crawl!

You know what ad really winds me up though? The one for Full Marks Mousse. I don't know WHY...I just HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm like...come ON, are there really THAT MANY HEAD LICE REMEDIES on the market? And do they really have to advertise them? If the nipper has head lice, you go down to Boots and get the chemist to sort you out. DUH. They don't show it as much as they used to, but RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! And that MUSIC in the background sounded like chattering insects. *shudder*

And those McCain adverts drive me up the wall. Have you seen the latest one where the woman puts potatos in her bra? Who DOES that?

I love the Ranch Tooth, too.

"...ranch?"

Hahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair View Post
    You know what ad really winds me up though? The one for Full Marks Mousse. I don't know WHY...I just HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm like...come ON, are there really THAT MANY HEAD LICE REMEDIES on the market? And do they really have to advertise them? If the nipper has head lice, you go down to Boots and get the chemist to sort you out. DUH. They don't show it as much as they used to, but RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! And that MUSIC in the background sounded like chattering insects. *shudder*

And those McCain adverts drive me up the wall. Have you seen the latest one where the woman puts potatos in her bra? Who DOES that?
    Haha ye but that one makes me laugh when she's skipping down the stairs and the potatoes pop out and roll on the floor in front of her date!!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
    Haha ye but that one makes me laugh when she's skipping down the stairs and the potatoes pop out and roll on the floor in front of her date!!!

My husband thinks it's funny too but it just makes me never want to buy oven chips ever again!

Lil

I also don't like the ones that are obviously dubbed from another language. There's one (can't remember what for, lots of women in it, maybe a cleaning product?) where in order to fit the way someone's mouth is moving she randomly calls the other woman 'Jane'. WHY????? Make a new advert for English speaking markets, you cheap bastards!!
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    I also don't like the ones that are obviously dubbed from another language. There's one (can't remember what for, lots of women in it, maybe a cleaning product?) where in order to fit the way someone's mouth is moving she randomly calls the other woman 'Jane'. WHY????? Make a new advert for English speaking markets, you cheap bastards!!

The one I'm thinking of is the Oust ad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information