Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Real Housewives of NYC

^^Its prolly cause Alex is ana. You know how they have brittle hair and whatnot.

Bronze Member

April 5, 2008 -- A FEW innocent bystanders on "The Real Housewives of New York City" have suffered some bad luck since being thrown in the show's spotlight.

Jason Colodne, the boyfriend of Bethenny Frankel, the only unmarried "housewife," was fired from his Wall Street job because he appeared on the TV show.

"He cannot be on television because the firm is very private," said one source.

Colodne is suing his former employer, Patriarch Partners LLC, for $55 million for allegedly ousting him without cause. Colodne, who served as the company's president for two years, until Jan. 22, filed suit last month in Manhattan federal court.

A lawyer for Patriarch confirmed the company was "horrified" when it discovered that Colodne appeared on the show, and sent him a letter of termination.

"I'm suggesting that one of the reasons for his absences in the office was because he was filming a tawdry show," said Hillary Richard, a lawyer representing the company. "They found out he was on the show when promos ran. He's on a show and never mentioned it. Any other company would have fired him on the spot. He also was not performing or bringing in new deal flow."

Robert Kraus, a lawyer for Colodne said, "His appearance as an incidental on the show does not violate any of the terms of his employment contract, and Patriarch is using that appearance in an attempt to avoid paying him tens of millions of dollars in hard-earned compensation."

To Colodne's credit, he appeared mostly in an episode to promote a charity that raises money for neurofibermatosis, which his sister has. And his ex-boss, company head Lynn Tilton, could qualify for a vampy role on the show. "I always show cleavage," she told the NY Observer two years ago.

Another show outsider, Avery, the 13-year-old daughter of jewelry designer Ramona Singer, said the word "lezzies" on one episode, causing drama at her Upper East Side all-girls school.

Singer was spoken to about the show by the headmaster.
    "They were so shocked at how much publicity the show got that they wanted to make sure Avery could handle the spotlight," said one insider.

'HOUSEWIVES' COSTS EXEC HIS JOB - New York Post

In the epidsodes Jason's been in, they all took place after hours, when he wasn't working. Unless there was something he signed as part of his hiring contract, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to be on the show.

Lezzies, PUH-LEZE.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Jason was the only really sane one on there..what the hell did he do to disgrace the company? That company needs to take the humongous stick out of it's collective ass and get over itself. Kee-rist!

And Avery? yeah she should not have said 'lezzies' and all..but she is what? 12? And I think they would be more concerned about how she portrayed herself as a little pretentious stuck up snotty conservative entitled holier-than-thou bitch overall, rather than that one damn word.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

alex and simon are pathetic.

Ramona needs a crate of xanax.

I totally think the producers told Simon to go to the party. And like LuAnne said, "he's here and we should just make him feel welcome."

And then Ramona bolts? I totally don't buy the excuse she gave Bethany.

The conversation about class and etiquette must have bugged. Ramona probably saw herself as the imposter she is.

Bethany's expression was priceless when she saw Ramona dance.

Yes Alex and Simon are pathetic and like I said before, they'll be bankrupt soon. I can't see how a hotel manager could keep up that lifestyle even if it is a boutique hotel.

Bronze Member

I agree with everyone - Alex and Simon are an absolute joke. I live in NYC and a blind man could see they are wannabes that couldn't squeeze their way into true upper-crust Manhattan society with a vat of lube and a monkey wrench!

Is he really a hotel manager? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! If Simon plays his cards rights, Tinsley Mortimer might hire him as her valet. That's about as close as he'll ever get to a real socialite.

Snarkiness aside, it's sort of sad, because I suspect the prediction of future bankruptcy is not far from reality.

From their personal website:

From the show you'll see we like to spend money - but only on good things and you'll see lots of other stuff too. Being able to afford such luxuries is one of the reasons I work as we both fervently believe that income is for spending and capital is for construction and college or when something out of the ordinary occurs (and we hope it never does!).

McCord van Kempens

I REALLY like Bethenny. No bullshit with her, although she's somewhat desperate for a family. The look on her face when she went Alex & simon's house was priceless. It's a dump. And, they live in Brooklyn? How can they, being up and coming Manhattanites and all? They will totally be BK in no time flat. Instead of buying a designer dress, she should get her hair and teeth fixed and give Simon some laser treatments to fix the craters on his face. Sheesh!

Ramona, WTF? She thinks she can dance? I can't even describe that disaster. She behavior was completely low class and inappropriate at the dinner party. With her, can you take the girl out of the trailer park, but not the trailer park out of the girl.

EDIT--I just went to Alex's and Simon's website that Spy listed. Are they serious? Why the hell do I care when the kids took their first TransAtlantic flight, and where their names come from? These people are so into themselves, it's ridiculous!
    Last edited by louiswinthorpe111; April 9th, 2008 at 01:21 PM.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Also agree with what everyone said.

Yes, I can't get over that Alex and Simon live in Brooklyn. (Nothing against Brooklyn, love it!) But being the "social status" they presented, being in Brooklyn is so laughable.

I LOL'd @ LuAnn when she got mad that Bethenny didn't introduce her to the driver as MRS. DELESSPS. Give me a break. The whole speech about how her housekeeper won't call her LuAnn is crap.
    I feel so bad for her son. Obviously he wants his mother to stay in. What a selfish bitch.

**edit: oops i need to get their names right.
    Last edited by ekee; April 9th, 2008 at 12:47 PM.

Bronze Member

Anyone catch a glimpse of the DUMP that Alex and Simon live in? And the futon in their living room (can't afford a couch??!)

Here are some photos (see link). I'll bet my life it's a rental, which is why they don't fix it up.

NYC Housewives pics -What a Dump! - Home Decorating Forum - GardenWeb

nude pictures alex mccord real housewives new york city

what would frawnswah think? or is it european to be naked?
    Last edited by ekee; April 10th, 2008 at 12:17 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Well, at least she's wearing a mask.
    Her figure is the only thing she has going for her.

Ramona is completely uncouth, a wild animal. Her behaviour at the cocktail dinner made me cringe. Oy vey. I found it annoying that she couldn't pronounce simple words, like ambience and hors d'oeuvres.

Maybe alex and Simon should stop spending money on trips and gowns and buy some flooring. They've been there 3 years??

Bronze Member

I think we have the answer as to how Alex & Simon are funding their poser lifestyle - they're up to their eyeballs in debt.!

One of the forum members at Purse blog.com looked up Alex & Simon's townhouse on Propertyshark.com. Check it out - They purchased the unimpressive townhouse for 1.2 mill and took out three or four mortgages totalling over 2 million. Seems they are funding their lifestyle with borrowed cash. It will bite them you-know-where someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy10021 View Post
    One of the forum members at Purse blog.com looked up Alex & Simon's townhouse on Propertyshark.com. Check it out - They purchased the unimpressive townhouse for 1.2 mill and took out three or four mortgages totalling over 2 million. Seems they are funding their lifestyle with borrowed cash. It will bite them you-know-where someday.
    Whoa!!!

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information