Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City Season 2

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by ekee View Post
    speaking of alex losing her job, no way they can keep that house now, can they? i doubt her gay husband makes that much money.
    Well Alex did comment in her blog about saving money (something like that.) I would like to see them social climb on a budget. Hopefully Alex's rich connections can help her out with her job search. The wealthy always help each other out when it comes to work. Maybe she can work for Jill marketing Zarin textiles.

This show seems as if it is getting kind of stagey. I mean, is Bethanny that insecure that she invites Luanne to lunch just to bitch about her comment on airbrushing? And then Bethanny's friend does a red carpet interview and asks Luanne about the "airbrushing controversy?" As if that is the most interesting thing to ask about.

As much as I think Ramona belongs in a barn, I can't believe that it would just occur to her at that moment that Luanne's husband is old. Haven't they known each other for a while? And with Victoria sitting right there? Judging from Ramona's interaction with her daughter (btw, surprised Avery hasn't been in an episode, did the kid put her foot down?"), I think Ramona would be sensitive to a child's feelings.

Avery was the first few minutes of the first episode.

NYC is less stagey than the OC bitches. As least they do charity events. All the OC bitches do is eat and drink.

Does anyone else think that Ramona is on something?? Her eyes freak me out, it's like they are bulging out of her head all the time.
    She needs to learn to shut her mouth and not keep pushing it.

I watched the ep. last night. Loved how Bravo totally painted Luanne as a big hypocrite.

I don't necessarily think it was right of Ramona to say that Luanne's husband is an "old man". But, he is 15+ years older than her. It's not as if he is young. If that is how Ramona sees him I can't really say she is wrong. Should she not have said anything - probably not. But, Luanne was such a bitch about it and just wouldn't stop harping about it. Ramona did apologize (half assed) and acted as if she wanted to move on. It was Luanne that coudn't deal with it at all.

then Luanne was such a bitch to Bethanny. "Are they going to do retouching". Those would not be the first, second or third words that came out of my mouth after a freind said she would be on the cover of a magazine. Why would you say that? Then she claims she was "looking out for Bethanny". How, by being a bitch?

Ugg...I just can't deal with the fact that she married into money and now acts very superior.

fgg

he looks like an old man to me:

The Count looks like a younger version of Bernie Madoff. HAHA

Silver Member

I like the Count (from what little I have seen of him). Especially when he and the kids were warmly greeting Rosie after her return from the Philippines. He seems like a very nice guy and laid back. I don't think he makes as big of a deal of his title as his wife does.. I wonder if he insists that people call him the count in his working life.

But then again, I could have him pegged wrong. I thought Kelly rolled with high society but removing your rings and b!tchslapping someone is right out of the ghetto.

Don't know if this was posted in the main forum- but here is a story about Alex losing her job. Her income was used for their shopping sprees.
    Real Housewives‘ Alex McCord Out of a Job - PEOPLE TV Watch
    Last edited by soogar; March 13th, 2009 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettabell View Post
    Does anyone else think that Ramona is on something?? Her eyes freak me out, it's like they are bulging out of her head all the time.
    She needs to learn to shut her mouth and not keep pushing it.
    Her and Kathy Lee Gifford could be sisters. Very freaky eyes
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

LuAnn is a condescending twat. Ramona is by no means the epitome of class, but I wanted to smack 'the countess' over the head... she laid into Ramona hard for the 'old man' thing and then wouldn't accept the fact that she offended Bettheny for the retouching quip... whatever. I also noticed that Victoria and Luann have a really strained relationship.. it might just be emo teenage angst, but she looked really bored and disinterested with her mom.

That picture of LuAnn is terrible! Ha!

Didn't watch last night, will have to find it another day. Anything good happen?

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    That picture of LuAnn is terrible! Ha!

Didn't watch last night, will have to find it another day. Anything good happen?
    Not really. Luann pontificated her pompous opinions yet again, telling Bethany that she needed to take a back seat on her date, letting him steer the conversation and how things were going to go. She babbled something about women shouldn't be too equal with men and that women needed to let the man be the man and at that point I gave myself a little headache from rolling my eyes so hard.

Oh, and Alex squicked me out when she talked about how she and Simon met. Apparently they were both online looking for one night stands. Not that there's anything wrong with that it's just the thought of the two of THEM doing that...*shudder*

I like Alex better without Simon. She seemed different.

Alex and Simon are writing a book about child rearing. ***shudder****

I thought it was funny that Bethenny said it should be about crawling through air vents to get into parties.

And they need to leave that house during the remodel

I knew Bethenny wouldn't go out with that guy again even though she said it was a grade A date.

He just wouldn't fit in with her chi-chi friends with his pot belly and man boobs.

Seemed like a nice guy and his restaurant is very well known. Her loss.

Ramona is a cuntasaurus but I like it when she talks shit about Alex and Simon.

^I agree with all these statements.

I actually found myself liking Alex without Simon too, she seems more real. But I totally shuddered and threw up a lil in my mouth when she was talking about her and Simon doing the "Casual Encounters" hookups. Could you imagine going to meet someone for a one nighter and Simon answers the door?

OMG the "crawling through airvents" comment cracked me up, I was crying. She is sooo funny sometimes! I thought her date was great and she should at least give the guy a chance. You never know how things can develop.

I also agree that Alex and Simon should leave the house while they remodel. All that dust and crap around can't be all that healthy for the kids. Not to mention all the wood and equipment around.

Who the hell is Jill to come in and assess their renovations...It's not like she's gonna live there.
    Last edited by Laxmobster; March 20th, 2009 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Could you imagine going to meet someone for a one nighter and Simon answers the door?
    OMG I thought the same thing! <--- that's what I'd do! then
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information