Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post

From Simon's RHONY blog on Bravo:

Kelly advises them that she has been chosen to be the Playboy 40th Anniversary Cover model and have a 10-page story about her. Now, do me a favor and take that link. The link itself is safe for work but the scream you utter when you see it might not be. Is Kelly really sitting there in September 2009 telling LuAnn and Jill that’s she’s been picked to be the January 1994 cover girl?

(the link he's referring to:Amazon.com: Playboy Magazine, 40th Anniversary Issue, January 1994: Books)

Well Simon, Kelly is a moron, so she can't help it.

Kelly is so fugly. She has the strangest body. Tall and thin with shoulders like a linebacker. She looks more like the tranny than LuAnn.

OT kida: Did anyone hear that there will be a Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? I'll be interested to see this. Kim and Kyle Richards (Paris Hilton's aunts) Camille Grammar (Kelsey's wife) and some Maloof lady (very wealthy looks like the cat lady)
    I always though Camille Grammer had a surrogate because she didn't want to screw up her figure. She claims it was due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome but my aunt had that. She had three kids.

Report: Simon and Alex Kicked Out of 'Real Housewives of NYC'

Simon van Kempen and Alex McCord may be seen in the upcoming season of "The Real Housewives of New York City" but that may be as far as they go. The married couple reportedly is not returning for a fourth season because the executives feel they do not appeal as much as the other housewives. In other words, they are not asked back.

"There are a ton of reasons they aren't being asked back," N.Y. Daily News quoted an insider as saying. "Viewers don't have a positive reaction to them, so they're easily replaceable at this point. Also, they don't really fit in with the other wives. All of the other women's story lines have interwoven, yet Alex and Simon have kept theirs separate. It isn't nearly as interesting as the other Housewives'."

Another reason allegedly is a "hissy fit" thrown by Simon to Bravo when knowing that he was not paid as much as the other families. "Simon wants to be an equal on the show, but that doesn't really make any sense to Bravo," the insider said. "After all, he's not a 'Real Housewife,' now is he?"

Bravo indeed had searched for two new housewives for the NYC edition. The cable found Sonja Morgan, a former model, and Jennifer Gilbert, an event organizer to join the original cast in the fourth season. However, Bravo has also released a statement regarding the dismissal of Simon and Alex, insisting "no details have been released about next season". Simon himself said, "We have not had any discussions regarding a fourth season."

fgg

Countess LuAnn de Lesseps Says Upcoming Single Is No Average Dance Track

March 26, 2010

Are you ready for this year’s “Tardy for the Party”?

The latest Housewife with music industry aspirations, Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, is happy to chat about her first single, ”Money Can’t Buy You Class,” which Real Housewives of New York City fans may have heard in a preview clip. But the song will make its official debut on an upcoming episode of Bravo’s hit show.

Of the message behind the music, de Lesseps explains: “My book [Class with the Countess] is about my journey in life and how I learned to be elegant. I translated that into song, so I talk about how money can’t buy you class, but elegance can be learned.” While not your average dance track concept, “I have fun with it,” explains de Lesseps. “It’s a very Holly Golightly, runway, glamour-puss kind of song.”

So how do her two kids, Noel and Victoria, feel about having a potential pop diva for a mom? “I’m not a rock star by any means, but my kids think it’s great,” says de Lesseps. “They know I’m a showgirl. I’ve been working in Italian television since 1990, turning letters like Vanna White. So it’s who I am, and the kids know that.”

Everyone in the Countess’s inner circle won’t be surprised when they hear the song. “I sing for my friends at dinner parties,” she says. “I sing on the show too, but they never show it because of music [rights] issues. So I said, ‘You know what? I’m going to write my own song about how it doesn’t matter where you’re from — anybody can be classy.’”

And since her divorced was finalized, de Lesseps splits her time between her Hamptons home and a brand-new Manhattan pied-a-terre. “I’m going to have to find a place to put a music studio,” she says. –Suzanne Zuckerman

This season, I really cannot stand any of them. Last season was fun to watch but now I don't know - they are all irritating the shit out of me.

I even used to like Bettheny and now she gets on my nerves.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

^^ This season is truly awful, I agree. All that fighting, lying and nothing else. I too used to only like Luann, Jill and Bethanny but they are all annoying now. I don't understand where all that is going. At least OC had some plot lines with Lynn and Tamra. The show must make the husbands and boyfriends sit through all that madness while their spouses rant on and on about the stupid girl stuff. Personally, I don't know any guy who would even entertain listening to it for long if any.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Over at TWOP someone claiming to be close to a HW posted a "shame on you!" lecture to the board. I love when friends or relatives show up. Some posters think it was Jill herself. Of course TWOPr's gave it right back to her, calling her out on her hypocrisy.

I STILL am in amazement at how stupid Kelly is. Her latest comment "Do I wear fur? Yes. Do I support cruelty to animals? No." Is she for real? No one can be that stupid can they?

She has the weirdest figure. Seriously Kelly, it's time for a one-piece. I can't believe Playboy wanted her,

OMG! Im 45 and proud to say I look much better than her in a bikini. You can tell she loves her junk food and doesnt work out. She needs squats and lunges to perk her flat booty up. Her lifestyle is certainly showing in her bod.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    OMG! Im 45 and proud to say I look much better than her in a bikini. You can tell she loves her junk food and doesnt work out. She needs squats and lunges to perk her flat booty up. Her lifestyle is certainly showing in her bod.
    No, no, no. She works out too much.

She has those abdominal lines you see guys get on her sides. She has a man body. Big wide shoulders, no ass, skinny legs and a thick torso.

But she's not fat. In fact, she might look better if she put on twenty pounds.

Silver Member

I'm kind of bummed that Alex and Simon are rumored not to be returning to the show. Since Alex had been laid off from Victoria's Secret, I was hoping that the Real Housewives would include that as a story arc. It would be interesting to see how Alex and Simon deal with the loss of her income and whether it affects their approach to breaking into society. You can see on the show how Alex is doing a lot of independent projects. I thought Bethanny was a real jerk to Alex in how she decided not to use Alex's design for her promos. First of all, I really liked Alex's image of Bethanny in the martini glass. If Bethanny wanted to go with a more neutral logo, I felt she should have conveyed her needs to Alex first to see what Alex can come up with before giving the job to someone else. I thought that was a really shitty and unprofessional thing to do to Alex- hope she at least compensated her for the original Skinnygirl logo.

I'm not sure what is going on between Bethanny and Jill. What precipitated that nasty phone message? I feel as if I had missed something. Jill's husband was sick and did Bethanny feel slighted that Jill was neglecting her? They were so close and it is really weird to see them carry on like that.

Ramona seems to be trying to keep a lid on her outbursts but she is having a hard time of it. She's going to need more practice.

As for Kelly's 40th Anniversary issue- I was wondering what she had been talking about because Playboy had a 50th Anniversary issue a few years ago. I also don't get the two faced reaction about Kelly's nude photos verses Alex's nude photos. Nudity is nudity and it's hilarious how the wives were getting into such an uproar over Alex's nude shots but were all in awe over Kelly's shots. Kelly tries to make herself into something more than what she really is. She is looking much better- the peel she had in her opening season has taken effect. As for her body- well she's okay. She looks better than women her age but she is still 45. I never really understand older women trying to capitalize on former sex appeal.

I really feel for Luann. Not sure what's going on with Ramona and the comments about Luann's lovers. Even if she had lovers, divorce is a shitty thing and it's not as if the count hadn't been playing around. The new guy the count is with looks like David Schwimmer. I hope he has money because she can do a whole lot better than that.

I am happy for Bethanny's success- love her Skinnygirl diet books- but I would be surprised if she doesn't chase that new guy away with her neediness. You would figure a woman like Bethanny should be so confident achieving success after so many years chasing for it but she seems even more insecure.

I'm bored with these bitches.

^^ Ewwww.

I'm convinced she either has a great manager or Hef is jumping on the "you can never get too much media exposure bandwagon."

Anyway, I am so over the New York group that I'm not going to watch anymore. It looks like they have adopted the Bad Girls Club format for the show. Sigh...
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

czb

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    huh? she looks pretty toned to me.

Her lower body. Her abs are pulled tight, perhaps from surgery? But her things and butt need work. She looks rough to me, especially to be in the mag, but they can work miracles
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

She is super rough. But she is fit. She's a runner and an equestrian. Still such a tranny shape. It's weird.

Thread Information