Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey - will you watch?

This show really shouldn't be filmed so close to New York. These women sound too similar to the HONYC. It's really a waste. They should have headed down towards the shore, maybe Rumson, but then it wouldn't be entertaining I guess.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Dina was on a show called Platinum Weddings or something. I couldn't put my finger on it when I was watching last night, but it came to me as I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep. She was a terror and her hubby was quite a peach. I'll try to find a link to it.

And what's with everyone being related? I would prefer to see random women thrown in together who have to act like they know/like each other rather than a bunch that already do. Although from the previews, it looks like a couple of them are gonna get down and dirty. I love women who throw tables over!

And the older sister Caroline reminds me of Lydia on PBS. She has her own Italian cooking show. That's not a kind comparison.

Edited: It was My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding, and they spent something like 1.1 or 1.5 million on their wedding. Still looking for a clip link.

Here's a clip or two: Dina and Tommy Act 2 - AOL Video
    Last edited by nwgirl; April 8th, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Silver Member

Cool

i watched the preview on saturday

such class

these bitches may be the top

godfather meets PMS whores

I will be watching. I watched the preview, and thought they were lovely ladies.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Joe, and entrepeneur and in construction=mafia.
    It's almost too obvious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Dina was on a show called Platinum Weddings or something.

[/url]
    OMG I remember that episode!!! I love those WE wedding shows

I actually thought Dina and Tommy would get divorced PDQ. But if he's gone most of the time that must make it easier.

NJ 'HOUSEWIVES' HAVE SHADY SECRETS
    May 10, 2009

The Real Housewives of New Jersey have some skeletons in their walk-in closets.

The McMansion-living Jersey girls featured in the latest incarnation of the Bravo series, which debuts at 11 p.m. Tuesday, dish dirt on each other but are hush-hush about their own secrets.

Housewife Teresa Giudice, a big spender with big hair, plunks down $120,360 cash in the show's premiere to furnish her Montville dream home.

But Giudice, a mom of three, is not so ready with the cash off-screen. Public records show her delinquent debts include $15,000 for a decorative railing on the mansion's grand staircase.

North Hudson IVF, a fertility clinic in Englewood Cliffs, is seeking $11,276 from the Giudices, according to a civil claim filed in November.

"The case is ongoing," said T. Timothy Smith, the scientific director of the fertility clinic.

Budd Built-In Vacuum Cleaners of Wyckoff filed a $2,030 claim against the couple in April 2007.

"I don't think that is anybody's business," Giudice said about the debts in a phone interview.

Also owing money is Danielle Staub, who boasts that she was engaged 19 times before marrying husband Thomas. They later divorced.

The IRS filed a lien against the Staubs in 2007 for failing to pay $130,557 in personal income tax for 1999, 2002 and 2003, records show.

Staub claims that she was a Ford model. The Ford agency said it had no record of Staub and that the division she claims to have worked for never existed.

Staub, reached by phone, said she would answer questions only if her Bravo publicist agreed. Bravo refused to make her available.

The show features sisters Caroline and Dina Manzo, whose husbands run a popular Paterson catering hall. In the premiere, no one talks about their husbands' father -- Albert "Tiny" Manzo -- who was found shot to death in the trunk of his car in 1983 in what was thought to be a mob hit.

"I've got nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to hide about my past," Caroline Manzo told reporters last week.

Dina Manzo runs Project Ladybug, a charity for sick kids that claims to be a nonprofit. The IRS said it was not tax-exempt, meaning that donations are not tax-deductible and there is no public accountability of spending. An accountant for the charity said it had applied to the IRS to get that designation.

The fifth housewife, Jacqueline Laurita, confesses in a video on the show's Web site that she was once arrested for fighting but does not disclose details.

JACQUELINE LAURITA, 38, Franklin Lakes Confesses on the show's Web site to once having been arrested for fighting.

TERESA GIUDICE, 36, Montville Owes money to design firm, a fertility clinic and vacuum cleaner company.

DANIELLE STAUB, 46, Wayne Has a $130,557 federal tax lien against her and her ex. Claims to have been a Ford model; agency has no record of her.

DINA MANZO, 37, Franklin Lakes Runs a charity that claims to be a nonprofit but does not have IRS taxexempt status.

CAROLINE MANZO, 47, Franklin Lakes Dina's oldest sister, married to Dina's husband's brother. Hubby's father found shot to death in the trunk of a Lincoln Continental in 1983.
    BIO HAZARDS - New York Post

Oh Lord one of these women live in my own backyard, the next town over. LOL I am mortified. I know this town,can't afford it but know it, and it does have some areas that are not great but primarily a well to do area.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

One of these women lives IN my town! Dina and her sister I don't mind so much, the others make me cringe - especially the one whining about how she can't support her kids because she's waiting for a divorce settlement. It's called employment, bitch, look into it! Oh, and please, please do not think we all speak with that God-awful accent!

^ I know, Danielle kept saying how she needed to find someone to dig them out of this mess or whatever. At least she's honest in her Sugar Daddy aspirations!

I really just love the series and will watch whatever group of ladies they bring us. This season is sure to be a doozy!
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I'm invited to a charity dinner at the Brownstone next week. If I go - I wonder if I'll see any of these clowns there...

It's going to be wierd seeing places I visit, businesses I know, neighborhoods I know and maybe even people I know on this show.

^ Ok, NOW you have to go! Take your camera and a notepad...We need the dirt!

^^I'll watch tomorrrow night and if it as tranwreckish as it appears - then I might have to go. I've actually been there a couple of times for events in the past but now it takes on a whole new dimension.

This show both terrifies and intrigues me. My father was from New Jersey and worked with mafia guys from the 50s-80s. The stories he told me were coming out of the Wildwood / Atlantic City area, and then around the NJ area by Philly, where the mafia congregate.

I like to think they no longer have that, sort of power but the cynic in me thinks they've just gone further underground.

ETA: So Dina and Caroline are sisters, and they both married brothers. How are their respective children related to eachother?

I'm so confused on how that would play out for their family relations.

ETA 2: last edit: I already have immense sympathy for Leslie, Caroline's daughter. She is so 12 and awkward and not very nice.

ETA 3: I SWEAR this is my last ETA for the night. We really should have a live post for the NJ housewives episodes. These ladies are shaping up to bring the drama worse than the Atlanta ladies. ALL the NJ ladies are serious crazy in one way or another. Its quite impressive.
    Last edited by Cali; May 12th, 2009 at 10:56 PM.

I actually like Dina the best for some reason although her daughter seems like a royal brat. She's what like 13, what clothes of her Mom's is she sharing? Also where is Dina's husband? He's supposedly runs the Brownstone with his brother Al...Weird

Caroline seems like she runs everything and I like her. It also seems like she definitely spoils those children. Albie is Hot!

Danielle is a hot mess! Her face scares me! Did she really think "Gucci Model" was gonna show and that he's actually a Gucci Model. LOL that Jacqueline and Theresa spied. They're good friends. Every time phone sex was mentioned I got a lil nauseous at the thought of scary face doing that...

Jacqueline is meh. She seems nice enough and caring.

There is no doubt in my mind that Theresa is a mafia wife, hello she only pays in cash because the economy is so bad... Yeah we ain't buying it either! Also did she really pay $120K in cash?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information