Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey - will you watch?

So on tonight's episode (extended footage of the finale), one of the people says 'If you're not familiar with the table flip, you're obviously not from Jersey.' Is that true?! does that like... happen alot there?

i dont exactly believe it but i had to ask.

ETA: I'm already annoyed w/ the tendency of the people on this show to blame their temper on being from New Jersey / from Brooklyn / Italian.

ETA2: So disgusted at Danielle for letting her daughters witness that mess. And again at her standing outside the bar and discussing the fight with her 2 daughters like they are peers. This woman has ISSUES.
    Last edited by Cali; June 18th, 2009 at 09:01 PM.

i don't think jacqueline has any reason to lie and i totally think dina showed the book around and that caroline was just taking up for her cause dina can't take up for herself

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    So on tonight's episode (extended footage of the finale), one of the people says 'If you're not familiar with the table flip, you're obviously not from Jersey.' Is that true?! does that like... happen alot there?

i dont exactly believe it but i had to ask.

ETA: I'm already annoyed w/ the tendency of the people on this show to blame their temper on being from New Jersey / from Brooklyn / Italian.

ETA2: So disgusted at Danielle for letting her daughters witness that mess. And again at her standing outside the bar and discussing the fight with her 2 daughters like they are peers. This woman has ISSUES.
    All of their kids witnessed this, and Dina asked her daughter "you believe mommy, right?"
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusMoon View Post
    i don't think jacqueline has any reason to lie and i totally think dina showed the book around and that caroline was just taking up for her cause dina can't take up for herself
    i disagree. jacqueline was saying that dina was the one who passed it around. dina never denied being a part of it & talking about it, she just said she wasn't the one physically taking it around town.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    All of their kids witnessed this, and Dina asked her daughter "you believe mommy, right?"
    Granted it isn't clear from the edits, but on tonight's episode, it made it clear that all the kids left except for Danielle's kids. At what point the left, who knows. But it does seem like Daneille's kids were there for the duration.

I thought the only ones who left were Teresa's kids and Dina's daughter...All Caroline's children were present and Jacqueline's daughter was there too.

While I do think Jacqueline did what she thought was right, she didn't need to attack Dina and call her a liar so angrily. She could have just been like, well I know what I know...I thought it was in poor taste to call out her sis-in-law in such an aggressive manner.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    i disagree. jacqueline was saying that dina was the one who passed it around. dina never denied being a part of it & talking about it, she just said she wasn't the one physically taking it around town.
    See that's what I'm thinking too. I just don't see why Dina would have a reason to lie. I mean she pretty much told Danielle she can't stomach her and whatnot...I would think telling Danielle to her face that she passed it around would be the icing on the cake for Dina...JMO

Danielle is trash no matter what way you look at it! The fact that she includes her daughters in this mess is atrocious...Those poor girls will be forever messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I disagree. I think Bravo knew all along about Danielle's past and the book. Producers may very well have planted the book to create controversy and generate ratings.

It would seem reasonable for a show to do a background check on its stars. Did Bravo?

This show is a game changer, IMHO, for reality TV. A character's shameful past is manipulated, timed and brought to light to maximize ratings while appearing natural. The producers' plans are helped by Danielle being completely shameless and confrontational. I expect to see more shame-a-thons in reality programming in the near future.
    Last edited by Pilotz; June 19th, 2009 at 01:29 PM.

I don't know about anyone else but I am not really interested in Danielle's past life and do not think she should be on the show. It seems like they made her the main focus and if I had known that, I wouldn't have started watching it. Just not my thing. I was really surprised when they announced the final show because I really thought there were going to be more and Danielle would fade into the background.

So now is every Housewife series going to have a Danielle or Kelly? If so, that will cure my sneaky guilty pleasure of following them.

I also hate to see her daughters involved in this and I think it is abusive to allow them to be. These kids are being forced to deal with things that could possibly scar them for the rest of their lives. No child should have their innocence blatantly taken away from them like that.

The show should be centered around Caroline because everyone else is centered around her. I think they are all interesting enough to make a good show without Danielle.

I don't believe I have ever disliked a group of women I didn't know personally. Oh, wait... RHoA... can't stand those bitches, either!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

The Scorpio in me cringed to see Danielle back down once it came out that Caroline was the one who passed the book around. For all her bad ass talk, she looked like a wimp. I would have bitch slapped whichever one it was who fessed up to doing it. But Danielle was so focused on it being Dina she had nothing else prepared when it turned out she wasn't the main person.

And I would have made damn sure I had some major dirt on all of them, no matter what it cost me to find it out (and maybe I've watched the Godfather too many times, but you know that group of women has some serious dirt in their closets).

And even though I think Danielle's a drama loving twat, I don't think she should have shit she did 25 years ago held against her now. Especially if she's changed her life. But...she should have known that would come to light and not done the show. So I don't really see her as a total victim either.

I did love how Jacqueline's husband finally called an end to it. I guess in his brothers' absence, he's the head of that family. But those kids should have never been in the room. The producers or whoever should have removed them when the shit started hitting the fan. That was just totally uncalled for and pisses me off. And these women should not be talking about this shit with their young kids period. My son wouldn't know if I had a beef with someone or vice versa, cause that's not appropriate stuff to be discussing with your kids for God's sake!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

How easy would it be to find the book in a professional background search? Bravo producers had to know before filming began or they were completely incompetent because they didn't order a background check. It is objectionable that Danielle was even allowed on the show. My contention is that the dirt was spilled to Caroline by Bravo or an intermediary to create a dramatic story line.

I finally caught up with this show over the weekend. I have to admit that Danielle probably would have pushed me to flip a table too. Bitch is crazy and a narcissist. There was no need to put the book on the table like that. She's a drama queen and a martyr and a golddigger and generally everything I hate about women like her.

fgg

reunion tonight!!

Real Housewives: Caroline & Danielle’s Battle Rages On

June 23, 2009
    The show may be over — but the drama is far from finished. While stars of The Real Housewives of New Jersey will reunite Tuesday (Bravo, 9 p.m. ET), PEOPLE sat down with Caroline Manzo and Danielle Staub — separately! — on the same day to discuss their feud. Here, in their own words, the reality stars explain why they made the decisions they did in the show’s confrontational finale — and attempt to get at the truth behind the sensational claims in the book Cop Without a Badge. – Mark Dagostino & Brian Orloff

Where They Stand Now

Caroline: She’s invisible to me. I never had a relationship with her, I never wanted to have a relationship with her and due to her behavior, I will never have a relationship with her. She’s a pathological liar. She is manipulative. She is an opportunist. She has no conscience; she has no morals.

Danielle: Why would I lie? If you’re going to call me a pathological liar, challenge me. I’m a human being, and on the inside my heart aches just like theirs does. Just because there’s so many of them that doesn’t mean that their pain is any more important than mine.

Who Is Lying?

Danielle: I have a big problem with Caroline. I think she’s a big bully. She’s lying. And I don’t understand her motives. Protecting your sister is one thing, but what exactly are you protecting her from?

Caroline: A lot of people are upset with me for “lying for my sister.” I didn’t lie for my sister. That’s not who I am. And there’s no truth to that at all. If Dina showed that book, I would have let her fight her own battle. So, Danielle, sorry to disappoint you again.

Bringing Up the Book

Caroline: At [my son] Albie’s graduation party we found out this book exists and immediately we went to the computer in the office and we Googled it. We read an excerpt from the contents and we were blown away. The next day, I went to the library and I got the book. Dina and Jacqueline knew I was going, and we got back to my house and read it together and had tremendous concerns.

Danielle: They would not give me the chance to talk about it, and I thought [bringing the book to dinner] was the only way to get them to pay attention. They were running around even with that book laying there. If I hadn’t put it there, it never would have been addressed. It was the strongest way to say, “I have you all in one room and like it or not, the cameras are going to see that.”

Is Danielle Dangerous?

Danielle: Really? Was it my father-in-law that was killed and shoved into a trunk? I’m dangerous? I knew about this through the whole show. I didn’t bring it up once. I’m classy. [But] let’s talk about what’s really dangerous here. I’d like to hear about the two siblings that they haven’t talked to in a decade — why they made their wives so uncomfortable that their own brothers won’t even speak to them. But I’m the one who caused trouble in that family? Don’t point the finger at me, ’cause I’m not sitting back anymore.

Caroline: People say, “Well, why didn’t you go to her?” Because that reputation preceded her. The woman we knew was incapable of telling the truth. After screaming and arguing for days and days, we made a decision not to tell Danielle that we know [the book] exists. If we play dumb, it can’t come back to haunt us. And that’s the decision we made as a family.

What About the Kids?

Caroline: The true Danielle is in those very last moments of that footage [from the final episode]. That is the true unfiltered Danielle, with that cigarette. And who is her audience? Her children. Making pizza and climbing a rock wall don’t make you a great parent. Her children are well-behaved, well-mannered and they excel in school. But if you look at her children, they have a haunted look in their eyes. These children are paying the price for her irresponsibility.

Danielle: My children were present [for the confrontation] for a very good reason. I not once used an obscenity. I not once started screaming at anybody. I not once tossed a table, or flipped out and banged my hands, or started pacing around. I was just sitting firm, waiting for my right of passage, so to speak. Did I put a burden on [my children]? Did I bring the book out? Were [the Manzo sisters] thinking of my kids? Was it me that put my kids in this position?

Danielle: My children were present [for the confrontation] for a very good reason. I not once used an obscenity. I not once started screaming at anybody. I not once tossed a table, or flipped out and banged my hands, or started pacing around. I was just sitting firm, waiting for my right of passage, so to speak. Did I put a burden on [my children]? Did I bring the book out? Were [the Manzo sisters] thinking of my kids? Was it me that put my kids in this position?

Umm, yeah, you did bring the book out in front of your kids, and by your past behavior, put them in this position...

The Smoking Gun has tracked down the court files from Real "Cokewhore" of New Jersey Danielle Staub's 1986 federal prosecution for extortion and cocaine possession. She was arrested with six kilos of coke and $16,000 cash in plain view.

The rough outlines of the case are known: Staub's drug-dealer boyfriend kidnapped a client, and Staub ratted him out, cutting a deal with federal prosecutors. That deal was brokered by her boyfriend, professional informant Kevin Maher, who knew the U.S. Attorney in Miami. But the details in the documents are spectacular.

In 1986, Staub went by the name Beverly Merrill, but her working name as a high-end prostitute was "Angela Minelli." She was living in Miami, and one of her clients was Daniel Claudio Aguilar, a cocaine dealer for the Medellín cartel. According to a federal indictment, Aguilar was selling two kilos of cocaine to a group of men for $48,000 in June of 1986. The deal was being "brokered" by Staub's neighbor, Carmen Centolella. Before it was consummated, Staub accompanied Centolella to his apartment down the hall from hers with one kilo to "test" it. When they got there, four men jumped Staub and ran off with the cocaine.

Aguilar blamed Centolella for the robbery, beat him, kidnapped him, and repeatedly called his father demanding $25,000 and threatening Centolella's life. Interestingly, one of those threatening phone calls was made by Staub—we mean "Angela"—herself.

Centolella's father called the FBI, who arrested Aguilar and another man with a 9 mm pistol in their car. They picked up Staub at Aguilar's house with six kilos of cocaine and $16,000 in cash.

After talking to Maher, Staub turned on Aguilar. She pleaded guilty to one extortion charge and cooperated with prosecutors.

This made Aguilar mad! Maher told us a couple weeks ago that Staub was crazy to appear on a reality TV show, because the guy she put away might want to know where to find her: "The guy she locked up was a high-level drug dealer from Medellín," Maher said. "Now he's out. What do you think he's gonna do when he sees her face on TV and knows exactly where she lives? She's got to be out of her fucking mind." That makes even more sense now, because according to court documents, Aguilar orchestrated threats against Staub back then: After she started cooperating with the government; Aguilar's mother called Staub to yell at her, another woman called to say "Your life is at an end, honey,"; her apartment was broken into; and a male called her to say he'd seen her walking her dog and that she shouldn't take "risks" like that. Aguilar was released from prison in 1994.

During and before the trial, Aguilar's attorneys tried to attack Staub's credibility by pointing out repeatedly that she was a prostitute.

And two years after the trial, while Staub was out on probation, a doctor wrote the court to advise that, given her "drug history and her former drug lifestyle," she should remain in a court-mandated rehab program.

And that's the story of how New Jersey's sweetheart used to be an extorting coke whore. Read the whole thing here. Really.
    Gawker - Danielle Staub's Rap Sheet - Danielle staub

Thread Information