Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Real Housewives of DC

Today in Salahi news:

The infamous red sari that Michaele Salahi wore to the White House sold at auction in Alexandria Saturday morning for about $7,000, well over estimate.

The buyer: James Packard-Gomez, co-owner of the Georgetown salon where Salahi and her husband Tareq primped before they managed to penetrate President Obama's first state dinner without an invitation.

Packard-Gomez is more an antagonist of the couple than a fan: After the White House incident he gave interviews alleging that the Salahis had never paid the bill for the work the salon did for her wedding party years earlier.

But he leapt at the chance to buy the red-and-gold Indian-style gown, which the Salahis decided to sell for charity through the Potomack Company auction house (where experts originally projected a value of $2,000-$3,000).

The dress, said Packard-Gomez, is "part of the history of the salon." (A camera crew for "The Real Housewives of D.C." followed the Salahis through their pre-dinner preparations at the Erwin Gomez Salon & Spa, a scene that was prominent in Thursday's episode.)

He doesn't plan to display it at the salon but says he has "big plans" down the road, either to donate it to a museum or open a venue himself. "We have all these wax museums around the country, all these gift shops devoted to former presidents," he said. What about "a gift shop that specializes in political scandals?"

The Potomack Company's Lucie Holland said the auction (part of a larger sale, mostly focusing on Asian art and furniture) drew a standing-room crowd. The proceeds will not solve the Salahis's financial woes (Tareq's business filed for bankruptcy last year; now, so too has his polo organization) or satisfy many of their creditors: They asked that the auction house direct 80 percent of the sale price to two charities: the Clinton-Bush Haiti Fund and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (Michaele recently said she has MS). The auction house will also donate the same portion of its own fee from the sale.

There were no awkward moments between the sari buyer and sellers: Packard-Gomez placed his bids over the phone. After he won, he said, "Michaele got on the phone, crying, thanking me, and Tareq got on the phone, too, to thank me."
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/rel..._sells_at.html

Salahi's Poli Club Files for Bankruptcy
    October 2, 2010

HARRISONBURG -- One half of a publicity-hungry Warren County couple is apparently suffering additional money woes.

America's Polo Cup Inc., of 440 Scenic Overlook Drive, Front Royal, filed for Chapter 7 in U.S. Bankruptcy Court on Sept. 13, according to online court records.

Its president is listed in the petition as Tareq Salahi, who, along with his wife, Michaele, made global headlines when they allegedly crashed a White House state dinner last November.

More recently, Mrs. Salahi has been starring in the Bravo network's "Real Housewives of D.C."

The bankruptcy petition says that America's Polo Cup grossed $430,715 in 2008, $480,068 in 2009, and slightly more than $50,000 this year from polo events.

It lists $67,000 in assets, all in the form of money owed to the company.

The corporation owes $329,850, the petition says, including $304,920 to Salamander Middleburg LLC for catering services, which is the subject of a civil case in Fauquier County.

Another Salahi business, Oasis Enterprises Inc., also known as Oasis Winery, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in federal court in Alexandria in the winter of 2009. Salahi is listed as its president.

That filing pointed to a lavish lifestyle, and included debts related to an Aston Martin and a $90,000 boat.

On Sept. 14, a motion filed by Salahi to dismiss his mother Corinne Salahi's Chapter 7 filing on behalf of Oasis Vineyards Inc., 14141 Hume Road, in Alexandria was denied, according to court records.

In July, Salahi filed a motion to dismiss or stay the case involving his mother, claiming that he holds power of attorney for his father, Dirgham Salahi, and didn't give the necessary approval to file for bankruptcy on behalf of the Hume vineyard.

Salahi says he is the majority shareholder of Oasis Vineyards, and accuses his mother of not calling a board meeting about the matter.

"The bankruptcy filing may have compromised the wine business beyond repair," the motion says. "Corinne Salahi is not an expert in the wine business and has done nothing to preserve the wine and equipment that is the bulk of the estate in bankruptcy ... "

Her incompetence, along with that of a trustee and agent, has led to wine spoiling in holding tanks, leading to the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars, the motion alleges.
    Salahi's polo club files for bankruptcy - Local News

The Latest:

Michaele and Tareq Salahi Threaten to Sue 'Real Housewives of D.C.'
    Published October 01, 2010

The couple known as the White House party crashers have threatened to sue the girls on "The Real Housewives of Washington D.C." if they dare to call them "White House party crashers."

Tareq and Michaele Salahi have lawyered up with Lisa Bloom, who fired off an email to the cast of the show, telling them there has been an exhaustive investigative study of the famous White House dinner.

The conclusion: "The Salahis did not 'crash' the White House dinner, nor the Black Caucus dinner." Bloom goes on to say, "It is simply a false statement of fact, and defamatory, to call the Salahis 'party crashers,' as it suggests they have committed crimes."

Bloom then threatens legal actions if the girls dare use the words.

The Salahis are turning into White House party poopers. Is that actionable?
    FOXNews.com - Michaele and Tareq Salahi Threaten to Sue 'Real Housewives of D.C.'

It's a crime that we even know about these two people. Really tired of their drama and their lack of pride.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

Hmmmm so did they crash it? I don't care really, but I am a bit curious. They are such liars. Her with her cheerleader story. They've got huge nerve.

I thought her sari was very beautiful. She not a pretty woman but she did look striking in it. The coloring was great.

This is one of my least favorite Housewives show. This and Atlanta. Boring.

fgg

on watch what happens, andy cohen said that there will be a lot more info about it in the next few episodes and they also discuss it on the reunion.

Lets all go stop super market grapes!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

A quick run-down for those of you out of the loop:

What's offensive about Michaele and Tareq Salahi is that they think they can snow over the public into believing they are who they say they are. Here, we break down each of their outrageous lies, lawsuits, and bankruptcies.

By now, it's obvious to most that Michaele and Tareq Salahi are not who they say they are—successful, philanthropic socialites who run a winery. None of that is true. What's fascinating, though, is that the fame they so desperately wanted to achieve seems to be the very thing that makes their claims so easy to disprove. This couple is either very stupid or trapped in some sort of folie à deux, sharing—and believing in—the same delusions. The couple has been caught in so many lies that some are even questioning the authenticity of Michaele's recent claim that she has multiple sclerosis.

The Lies
    1.) They run the family winery.
    The Salahis have had no affiliation with Oasis Winery since February 2008, despite the fact that Tareq has been billing himself as the company's "president and owner." In fact, he was never the president of the winery. In 1994, he was named "general manager," and has never held more than 5% minority interest. In 2006, his mother fired him. The winery hasn't been operational for years. When the couple was featured having a grape stomp on an episode of their reality show, they used store-bought table grapes.

2.) They own a home.
    On The Real Housewives of D.C., the Salahis are mostly shown staying in various hotels around the city. This might be because they don't actually live in the small house on the winery's property. A former employee of Oasis stated in 2009 that the couple does not live there, although they might occasionally squat there, which could be the reason that, on one episode of the show, Tareq's mother called the police when she learned they were filming on the property.

3.) America's Polo Cup played India.
    India wanted nothing to do with the couple, so instead of canceling the event, they recruited players from Pakistan to pretend to be Indian.

4.) Michaele was a Washington Redskins cheerleader.
    Michaele made this claim—and actually performed some routines—with the Redskins on an episode of Real Housewives. However, it was one of the easier lies to dispel, as the Washington Post interviewed the Washington Redskins' alumni group president, Terry Lamb, who said, "We have no record that she ever was a Redskins cheerleader. She was listed on our 1991 roster at Ms. Salahi's request and based on her misrepresentation to us." Apparently, if you pay a fee, you can be listed on the roster, without really being investigated on it. (Unless of course, you become infamous, and then raise suspicions.)

5.) Whoopi Goldberg physically abused Michaele.
    This is probably when the general public began to question the Salahis' sanity, as the alleged incident not only occurred in front of a studio audience, but was aired on live TV. There are no "two sides" to this story. When the cast of RHODC appeared on The View, Michaele tried to tap-dance around questions about The White House gate-crashing incident, when Whoopi—who was not appearing on the couch during that segment—came onto the set, gently touched Michaele's arm, and urged her to stay on topic. After the appearance, the Salahis lawyered up (with media whore Lisa Bloom) and claimed that Whoopi hit Michaele. She didn't.

6.) They were invited to The White House.
    It's unclear as to why this is even still questionable, nearly a year after the scandal. Initially, the Salahis said that they were invited via email. Sometimes they said it was through a phone call. But on last week's episode of RHODC, the couple clearly states that they received a printed invite, that they couldn't "find" to show cameras. Last year—before that footage was ever made public—the couple claimed that they couldn't retrieve a voice mail from Pentagon aide Michele Jones because their cellphone battery died. But, again, on last week's episode of the show, they were filmed excitedly talking on their phone as they were driving to The White House.

7.) They give money to charity.
    Tareq supposedly founded America's Polo Cup as a fundraising tool. However, recent inquiries have uncovered a misappropriation of funds. While Tareq told the Washington Post in 2008 that he raised $250,000 for his charity Journey for the Cure, he actually pulled in $19,098 in donations, but only disbursed $690 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and $20 to the U.S. Navy Memorial Fund. It was announced over the weekend that America's Polo Cup—which has a long history of non-payment to vendors—has filed for bankruptcy.

The Lawsuits
    1.) Tareq's mother
    In 2006, Tareq's father stepped down from his position at the family winery, and his mother Corrine—founder and director of the Montessori School of Alexandria, Virginia—took a more active role. She quickly fired her son (after it was discovered that he was funneling funds from the winery into another company that he created) and the two ended up suing each other over the control of the business. The legal dispute led the company to file for bankruptcy in 2007. In January, 2008, Michaele filed a complaint with the Department of Labor and sued her mother-in-law for lost wages, after she was fired from working the bar at the winery. Interestingly, Michaele was awarded $14,000, but told the Labor board "it wasn't worth it" and walked away from the case.

2.) Wedding vendors
    The Salahis wed in 2003 with an extravagant celebration that included 1,836 guests. Michaele's dress cost $6,000, but Tareq filed federal fraud charges against the bridal shop when it attempted to process his credit card. The store eventually was paid, but only after spending $9,000 on legal fees. Michaele also reportedly ran up a tab into the thousands for her hair and makeup for the day, which was never paid.

3.) Hair
    In 2007, Michaele was sued for $4000 by a different stylist for an "urgent" appointment to update her blond hair extensions, for which human hair was ordered and overnighted to the salon. A judge found in favor of the stylist, but the money is still unpaid.

4.) Plastic surgery
    Last month, Dr. Navin Singh of Ivy Plastic Surgery in Maryland filed a lawsuit against Michaele for $500 for "unnamed procedures."

5.) The cast of Real Housewives of D.C.
    The Salahis' lawyer recently contacted the other cast members of the show, threatening lawsuits, if the cast members continue to "defame" the couple over whether or not they were invited to The White House. Nothing has been filed as of yet, but it would seem that at least one cast member, Lynda, isn't going to back down.

6.) Everybody else
    As of November 2009, the Salahis were named in 16 civil suits, by vendors, former employees, neighbors, and at least three couples who held their weddings at Oasis Winery. (Tareq was even arrested and charged with petty larceny after an incident occurred involving the attempted repossession of his car for nonpayment, that ended in Tareq threatening the tow truck driver with a gun.) Since then, more vendors have come out of the woodwork, seeking payment for services rendered for America's Polo Cup (like an Uncle Sam impersonator and a PR firm), many of them featured on a recent episode of HBO's Real Sports.

Perhaps the best lawsuit was back in December 2009, when the Salahis were being sued for nonpayment by their landscaper. The judge on the case ordered Tareq to give the watch off his wrist—allegedly worth $325,000—to the plaintiff to cover his debt of $2000. It turned out that the watch didn't work, and was actually a fake, worth less than $100.
    Salahi 101: A Guide To The Lawsuits & Lies

fgg

DC Housewives' Cat Divorcing Her Husband

Housewife, no more.

The Real Housewives of DC star Cat Ommanney tells Parade she and her husband, photographer Charles Ommanney, are divorcing.
    "Obviously, my marriage fell apart and so my life has been completely turned upside down and inside out," the British-born mother-of-two says of the downside of starring on a reality show. "I've had to do some major soul searching and I still am. Hopefully things will start to improve."

She previously told UsMagazine.com she plans "on staying in the USA," despite the split.

As for her plans to film next season, she tells Parade she's "not sure at the moment. I can't even think about next week let alone next season right now."

But she wants to stress to fans that she's not the "mean girl" viewers may think she is.

"I'm pretty misunderstood, but I think now a lot of people get me and they know I don't mean to be offensive," she says. "I'm just a bit of a truth-teller, and I need to kind of think about what I say before I say it half the time. But I'm true and I'm honest and I'm real."

She is rude, she is a mean girl but most times they are a guilty pleasure.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

fgg

andy cohen better have brought his balls to the reunion and grilled the salahi's about all of that crap whoami posted above!

Why don't Bravo investigate these people before filming them?
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Why don't Bravo investigate these people before filming them?
    Because no one wants to watch fine, upstanding citizens. That makes for boring television.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Exactly. And as trashy as they are, that is what gets the ratings!

Anyone watch the reunion?

Yes, I watched. Mostly wanted to see what they would say about the gate crashing.

Cat can be a mean girl, but I think it's more of a case of being totally honest and blunt. Which is the complete opposite of miss fake Michaele.

Was anything that Michaele said even close to the truth?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information