Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Project Runway Season 9; who's watching?

Yeah. I like Viktor a lot. He seems to know when to just shrug it off and when to call people on their bullshit.

That being said I was soooo disappointed in his looks this week, haha! Oh well, you can't hit every nail right on the head.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I'm interested to see what they do with the bird themed challenge next week. You know someone will take it literally and make the equivalent of a Big Bird Goes to Hollywood costume.

LOLawesome.
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

fgg

joshua should have been the one to go home.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    ^^ I'm so glad Viktor called him out on his "i wasn't even born in the 70's" excuse, and glad the other remaining designers backed him up. You could see that Josh was surprised that they did not go for his excuse, and just went off and pouted...
    Not to mention they did all have a bunch of 70s looks on their computers to reference, so even if he didn't grow up in the era or ever see a 70s movie or TV show for reference, he did have that.

I do agree with the designers who said he should know the eras simply because he's a designer -- very true.

Josh is such an arrogant prick.

Team Viktor.

Did anyone see the preview for "Project Runway: Accessory"? A whole series based around designing accessories. Sounds ultra lame to me.

Lifetime Sets 'Project Accessory' Team

"Project Accessory"

Molly Sims will host the "Project Runway" spin off with Vivre CEO Eva Lorenzotti as mentor and Kenneth Cole and InStyle editor Ariel Foxman as judges.

Lifetime has finalized its Project Accessory team. The Project Runway spinoff will be hosted by actress/model Molly Sims while Vivre CEO Eva Lorenzotti will serve as the contestant’s mentor and Kenneth Cole and InStyle editor Ariel Foxman will sit in the judges chairs.
    Cole was a guest judge on last week’s episode of Project Runway, which is currently in its ninth season.
    Lifetime has ordered eight one-hour episodes of Project Accessory, which will likely bow in November along with Project Runway All Stars. The spinoffs mark the network’s latest effort to capitalize on its biggest reality hit after an earlier attempt, Models of the Runway, failed to connect with viewers.
    The remaining nine Runway finalists from the current season, which premiered last July, will present their collections at New York’s Fashion Week on Friday. But only the true finalists will have their collections shown during the finale, which airs later this fall. And Lifetime will use Runway to launch All Stars and Project Accessory, said Rob Sharenow, executive vp of programming at Lifetime.
    “This is really the first cycle [of Project Runway] where we’ve had other fashion specific programming in development to compliment it,” Sharenow told The Hollywood Reporter during a recent interview. “This is the first time we’ve really crystallized the strategy.”
    Lifetime is keeping the identity of the 12 Project Accessory contestants under wraps for now. But the series began production in New York last month. The format of the show will follow that of Project Runway, but competing designers will be creating accessories including shoes, handbags, jewelry and hair pieces.
    Project Accessory is produced by The Weinstein Company and Goodbye Pictures. Executive producers include TWC’s Harvey Weinstein, Bob Weinstein, Meryl Poster and Barbara Schneeweiss with Rich Bye and Fred Pichel for Goodbye Pictures, Sarah Emanuel and Sharenow, Gena McCarthy, David Hillman and Kim Chessler for Lifetime.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

It sounds super lame.
    Do it anyway

Joshua has turned into a complete ass, and his designs reflect that. Those black and white plaid pants he made were the most unflattering, fugliest things I've seen in a while. They managed to make a model look like a wide load.

I agree about Josh's plaid pants. Each ass cheek looked like a sagging, loaded diaper. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

The Accessories show does not interest me as much as the actual clothing design, because I feel like the process won't be as interesting to watch. Jewelry and accessories can definitely be very creative and reflective of a personality, but I don't think the design process will come across as well on TV or appeal to as many viewers as clothing design does.

I agree Josh's pants were bad but Anthony Ryan's designs were both bad but IMO Kimberly should have been in the damn bottom. Her jumpsuit was falling apart and she got a free pass. WTF.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

The judges also need to make up their minds as to whether this is a week-to-week competition and the worst design of the week is eliminated, or whether it's based on the culmination of your work up to that point. They're very inconsistent on that. Some people get eliminated because of one bad week, while others get a pass, despite completely screwing up that week's challenge, because the judges like what they've done in the past.

Elite Member

Those cool birds as inspiration and that's what they come up with? What a bunch of uncreative designers! Laura's was atrocious! Those leggings. Ugh!!! And Anya's? Um, that was the clear winner? Wow. I am stunned.

The designers they are recruiting for the show nowadays are terrible. Or maybe I simply don't get fashion anymore.

Yeah clear winner my ass and WTF with making them start a second outfit only to say nevermind. Bullshit. Sad about the offing. Thought Laura's pants were 100 times worse than anything else on the runway.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I hate that Bert went. Josh's orange dress was so unimaginative, I just couldn't see all the design and creativity the judges did.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and mind you I was on my third Vodka on the rocks but, wasn't Burt sent home? Then why was he on the Project Runway After Show and the other girl, Laura, was missing.

Did they change their minds while I was "naping" and decide to keep him?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information