Login to remove the ads!
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Project Runway Season 9; who's watching?

There goes the other Joshua again. I know that they had to bring someone back to make the season long enough, but it wouldn't have seemed fair if someone else had gone home instead of him.

Thank goodness Heidi liked Bert's diaper jumpsuit, because I like him, but that thing was foul.

I'm over the other Josh's diva bullshit. He's talented, but he needs to take the snot level way the fuck down.

No shit! He's got his own style and does some interesting stuff but you can't root for a consummate bitch like that, you know? He's always complaining about something.

Bert's was dreadful, oy. I can't believe Heidi liked it but then again she grew up in Germany in the early 80s so there's probably some nostalgia there.

Theres no Mondo this season, there's no one to root for.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Bert is my favorite. I even liked his avant-garde look because while it wasn't something I would actually wear, it was one of the only garments on the runway that was actually avant garde. I could see why Heidi liked it. It was whimsical, over the top, and exaggerated, and technique wise it was very well made. It had a definite "runway" feel to it. If I want to see a bunch of prom dresses, I'll go to a fashion show at Dillards. I found myself thinking that half of the contestants didn't even know what "avant garde" means, based on what they sent down the runway. I feel like Bert is the only one this season who doesn't consistently produce garments that look like they came straight off the rack at Forever 21.

I actually liked Bert's too. To me, his and Josh's were the only ones avant garde.

I like Josh. I love me a bitchy queen. He is talented and I'm sure he is getting the edit just like they always do when they want to make someone seem even more bitchy.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Ugh I thought Bert's outfit was ridiculous. It did look like something a telly-tubby would wear. Also those dumb stick on shapes were finished with an over-lock stitch. So tacky. He or Oliver should have gone home.

I read that some people think Oliver is faking his accent. Apparently he was raised in the US until he was sixteen. The judges seem to favor him for some reason. His last design was boring and depressed. And gluing the garment in the model? How could he even think of doing that? I think Tim was appalled.

Josh's design was good but he didn't go far enough with it. He should have done something more dramatic with the bottom instead of the mall mini skirt.

I have a friend who left the UK when she was 5 and was raised/lived in the US ever since. She still has an accent and calls trucks 'lories', etc. So based on that, I totally think Oliver is faking too.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I thought Oliver would be great from the get go, but he has gone down hill every week.

Bert still annoys me and his outfit was butt ugly.

There really is no one to root for this season, yet I continue to watch.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Elite Member

I totally think Oliver is faking his accent. He is so slow when he speaks, like he is over pronouncing and thinking about how to say everything, and the accent fades and changes.

ITA Tulip. He also looks like Jessica Alba so thats another strike against him.
    "Ronan is a Sinatra this comes from years of watching Maury!!!" *Diva!

*8*
    Silver Member

I didn't like Joshua but I cringed at seeing him go home again.
    He was SO happy to be back.
    When Tim gave that male contestant the choice to bring back a contestant, I heard Lauren immediatley say Joshua's name. I thought she liked the guy and thought he got booted too soon. Then in this episode she said how she scared him by telling him he had made his outfit wrong. It made me wonder if she wanted him back because he was no threat and if she sabotoged him this week. I'm starting to think she's not as Barbie-like as the contestants thought.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I totally think Oliver is faking his accent. He is so slow when he speaks, like he is over pronouncing and thinking about how to say everything, and the accent fades and changes.
    i thought he said he was born in the US and then travelled abroad when he was 16 or so which makes his accent a crock.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

*8*
    Silver Member

Maybe Oliver is trying to make himself more interesting?

His color palate is so incredibly boring. I am very over Oliver.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

*8*
    Silver Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the judges grow tired of Oliver's color palate as well. Last episode they were to make something avant garde and his outfit was so tame and dull.

I haven't gotten an opportunity to watch this last episode, but I caught the very end to see that Becky got aufed. I didn't see what she made, so maybe it sucked ass, but I generally liked Becky.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information