Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Project Runway Season 9; who's watching?

Who's dress was that? I swear I think I've blanked out on the last few seasons.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Some guy who *won* the challenge with it two season ago. It was made of neoprene and it was a disaster. The Judges loved it.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Yeah, he quite honestly crapped it out at the last minute and spilled some dye on it and they thought it was genius.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Oh, man I remember that stupid dress. I read something from Tim Gunn saying that it was dyed in the toilet b/c the designer wanted a bigger area to dip it in than the sink. The model balked and didn't want to wear it b/c it had been swishing around in the toilet water.

See how much I paid attention the last two seasons I don't remember any of that. I think I fell asleep after season 4.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Some guy who *won* the challenge with it two season ago. It was made of neoprene and it was a disaster. The Judges loved it.
    Especially Nina Garcia. I believe she called it genius.

ROFL at some of the stuff that was designed last night for Nina. I liked the winning look, even though it didn't really look very much like her when Nina had it on. Actually, nothing really looked like her to me, but designwise, I think the best one won.

I keep wondering how long Anya is going to get away with not really being able to sew. Then again, it's a design competition, not a sewing competition.

Julie's coatdress was pretty horrid, so I was ok with her going home.

I liked what Kimberly made, it was age appropriate without being dowdy. Most of the designers were making outfits for 20 year olds, all those open backs- eek. IDK, when I see a 40+ year old woman, I'm pro-bra.

Julie's coatdress was... interesting? I liked it when I saw it but the sleeves were a mess and the length was confusing. It was one of those 'I love it/I hate it!' outfits for me. I was surprised she tanked b/c I thought her portfolio was pretty good.

And Bert with the LBD. Wow. Way to think outside the box.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I thought the wrong person went home. I guess for drama they had to keep the person who doesn't really care if she is there plus her dress was horrid.

I liked Kimberly's outfit and I was glad it won. Loved Anya's jumpsuit as well but yeah she is not always going to have sewing help.

Elite Member

I liked Julie. Didn't think much of what she's done on the show so far, but she's crazy and goofy and self-depracating. I loved how she would laugh along with the judges about her garments. Not a fan of Cecelia's and wish she would have sacrificed herself so Julie could have stayed.

Bryce sure lucked out this week. That hem was atrocious. He needs to go. Loved Anya's look, but not thrilled she didn't acknowledge all the help she got.

Viktor went up a notch or two when he didn't throw Anya under the bus. I like that he'll let her sink or swim on her own. That is a rare attitude on reality shows and I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Who's dress was that? I swear I think I've blanked out on the last few seasons.
    Ever since the show moved to Lifetime, I keep forgetting to watch it; I was so used to seeing a billion commercials on Bravo to remind me, plus Lifetime doesn't re-run the episodes like Bravo used to. Yesterday by chance, I happened to see they were showing all the previous episodes before the new episode, so I caught up on this season.

Yeah, personally I like Viktor. He could have totally thrown Anya under the bus but he's smart enough to know that would have blown up in his face. I also like Kimberly. I hate it when designers have to change something or something is wrong ("it looked purple!") and so they just go on tilt. Kimberly had to make some changes she really didn;t want to but she MADE them and everyone was happy and the outfit was awesome.

Anya shouldn't have let her friend sew for her, but I still like her. I'm glad she rolled with Nina hating her fabric and did something about it rather than sitting down and crying. That one chick moaning about her color...if you hate it that much, dye it! It may not be perfect, but its better than hating it.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

^^I wondered why they didn't call her out when she said she "didn't have any dye", yet Anya managed to dye her fabric...

Do they have to buy their own dye at Mood and include it in what they spend? I didn't understand how Anya had dye and Cecile didn't if it was provided.

^^The first episode, they showed what looked like a supply of dyes somewhere by the workroom.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information