Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Project Runway Season 9; who's watching?

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    So I ate my words and I'm watching Season 10. Anyone else?

It has really just been background so far. I'm not super thrilled with any of them but I hate this guy Venn who makes fun of plus sized women and he is fat ass himself. Jerk.
    Thank you! I so wanted someone to say "Hey Ven, you're fat too." It's not like he was dressing Precious - she wasn't any worse off than most of the other clients.

fgg

i keep forgetting to set my dvr so i only catch it when i come across it. i haven't seen the episode you guys are referring to but venn is so freaking caught up in his own hype. he's good but he's not the best every week like he thinks he is.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I hated Ven. He was such an asshole, and every time he opened his mouth, he made it worse.

On the other hand, this was the first week that I liked Gunnar. I was pretty neutral on his dress, but the way he treated his client was such a nice contrast to Ven, and she clearly loved what he made for her. Up until this week, I generally found him to be obnoxious.
    gas_chick and card like this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Yeah I hated Gunnar too but this did make me like him a lot more. No one is really blowing me out of the water so far.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i keep forgetting to set my dvr so i only catch it when i come across it. i haven't seen the episode you guys are referring to but venn is so freaking caught up in his own hype. he's good but he's not the best every week like he thinks he is.
    The full episodes are on Lifetime | TV & Movies for Women, Full Episodes, Games & Sweepstakes | myLifetime.com - I don't have television so that's where I've been catching it.

mjw
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    I hated Ven. He was such an asshole, and every time he opened his mouth, he made it worse.
    Yep, Ven is an asshole. Here is what the jerk tweeted after the show.

Venbudhu ‏@Venbudhu
    #TeamVen My client was sooo planned..I know she was assigned to me on purpose trying to break me down
    Venbudhu ‏@Venbudhu
    #TeamVen My client is pretty but has a difficult shape to work with which was very unfair.
    Venbudhu ‏@Venbudhu
    #TeamVen EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE HAD A CLIENT WHO WAS THE SAME SIZE...VERY UNFAIR
    Venbudhu ‏@Venbudhu
    #TeamVen Sometimes it is difficult to hear the truth...the truth does hurt sometimes
    Venbudhu ‏@Venbudhu
    #TeamVen My client did not even have a nice attitude when we met, her attitude alone is what drove it...
    Venbudhu ‏@Venbudhu
    #TeamVen Everyones client was enthusiastic about being there and my client was misrable from first day before we me
    Venbudhu ‏@Venbudhu
    #TeamVen I tried belt after belt and nothing fit..so now I am a bad person? THATS SO NOT FAIR
    Venbudhu ‏@Venbudhu
    #TeamVen FYI My client did not look the worst...this was so planned...the worst design was safe, we all know that..
    Venbudhu ‏@Venbudhu
    #TeamVen SO I dominated the first few episodes and this was perfect to break me down...
    Venbudhu ‏@Venbudhu
    #TeamVen Tim says, "your clients were randomly selected" YEAH RIGHT
    This is what Terri tweeted about Ven.
    Terri Herlihy ‏@terriherlihy23
    @Venbudhu And what did you say positive? I'm curious?
    @Venbudhu I cannot believe the balls you have to keep blaming me. You didn't give a shit about my life & why I was there. You can't hack it
    @Venbudhu A-hole, Keep making excuses for your pathetic self. STOP blaming me! I would have been there if I didn't want to be!
    @ninagarcia Fatty, keep making excuses.I was not a 14, I am not 40yrs old. Nina was right, i looked better in the before pics
    @kdfech I heard it all while filming. My weight gain is from battling awful things needing a hysterectomy & two more surgeries 4 tumors!
    @Venbudhu You are an asshole. You're lucky I came back to walk the runway. Oh I think I will post pictures of the "finished" project
    Wow Ven didn't go! I am mortified. I feel horrible all over again
    Last edited by mjw; August 24th, 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Ven loves his front twisty floral structured silhouette. It was cool at first, but got old quick
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Yeah Ven, I'm sure all the menswear designers just love sewing your painted on polo shirts too. Asshole.

Ugh, that broke my heart when I saw those ladies getting teary-eyed over the way fatass Ven was treating them. I'm pissed that Heidi kept him around. His behavior showed his true character, and he isn't going to make it with an attitude like that.

Yep he should have gone and waddled his fat ass on out the door.
    card likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

As bad as Ven looked on the last episode, he was apparently much worse than was shown.

At a book signing, Tim Gunn said, "Can I tell you the editing on the show is kind to everyone?" he said. "It was especially kind to him. He was especially atrocious."

According the Ven's client, she and her friend had to pick out the shoes and accessories themselves because Ven wasn't doing it, even though he was supposed to style her, and Gunnar stepped in to help with hair and makeup.

On the bright side, Michael Costello has offered to make her a dress.

I pray the asshole doesn't win. Another point for Gunnar for helping when he didn't have to.

Not only is he an asshole, but I would be perfectly content to never see another origami rose plastered on a woman's chest.
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.

Seriously. Shit's getting tired.

Also: WTF Alicia's ugly-ass box pleat. What was that? How did that fly? How did she avoid elimination with that? Just...WTF.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

There was no elimination because 2 designers quit, but they only brought one eliminated designer back.

They said it was because nothing was bad enough to boot, but I think it was because of the challenges. They have a team challenge next, and they need 9 designers. Since there were only a few days between the time the 2 designers left, and this week's challenge, it was probably a lot easier to skip an elimination than it would have been to change the challenge.

Thread Information