Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway season 5

I'm glad Leanne won, and I don't think the judges have to worry about her becoming the "petal girl". She had stated that this collection was inspired by waves, but that doesn't mean she'll do them all the time. And again, Kenley couldn't believe that one of her designs was *not* original, but as Nina noted, a Balenciaga knockoff; maybe she does need to take a fashion history course, like one of the judges suggested. It just seems a little too coincidenatal that her "original" ideas are such direct copies of others.

I wish Korto would have won. Leanne was almost as big of a bitch as Kenly IMO and her looks were almost exactly alike and I agree WASH YOUR HAIR YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN FRONT OF A LOT OF PEOPLE! Anywho glad this season is over. I hope this show hasn't totally jumped the shark.

^ I agree. Leanne was a big bitch.

I didn't really want any of them to win. I felt obligated to cheer on Kenley, we used to be so close. I liked some of her stuff, but she really was a c-word ( I don't like to use that word). I do wish her well though.

I think I liked Leanne's collection as a whole. Hopefully she'll use at least a little of that hundred grand on some shampoo

I was glad that Kenley lost but overall I think this was the dullest season yet. I want Korto to win - I really loved her clothes. Hopefully Leanne will wash her hair and I don't care who I tell that to!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I wish Korto would have won. Leanne was almost as big of a bitch as Kenly IMO and her looks were almost exactly alike and I agree WASH YOUR HAIR YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN FRONT OF A LOT OF PEOPLE! Anywho glad this season is over. I hope this show hasn't totally jumped the shark.
    I agree with everything you've said!!

korto's collection looks amazing on the runway. i wasnt too impressed when they were on the hangers.

i honestly did not care who won as long as it wasn't kenley.

From US Weekly; on the left, Balenciaga. On the right, Kenley's design:
    Usmagazine.com | News - US POLL: Project Runway Knock Off?

Oooh, I SO wanted Korto to win. I loved her use of bold green and yellow colors and her dresses just fit so beautifully. I can totally see what Nina said about her great ability to dress a lot of different sizes well. I also liked the shiny, elegant fabric she used (silk?) and it looked like it required some sewing skill to sit and flow so well.

I guess the judges thought Leanne was the most capable, versatile designer overall since she did shorts, pants, jackets and dresses but her leaf/wave motif seemed redundant. It was everywhere with almost no variation and after the third or fourth piece it bored me. Korto's stuff was more my style.

I was surprised that I kinda liked Kenley's line. I love the fuschia's she used. I did hate the stupid Balenciaga rip-off, the Victorian ruffley neck dress, and that "wedding dress" abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Remember how Michael Kors made a reference to Alexander McQueen regarding Kenley's wedding dress? On this week's TV Guide Runway Recap with Chris March they show a picture of Kenley's dress side by side with the McQueen dress; they are exactly the same, down to the length of the skirt! It is from his February 2008 collection, so it is *possible* that Kenley could have seen it before. Chris called hers the "Alexander McKenley" dress; he also said her bridesmaids dress was a Balenciaga rip-off:

http://www.tvguide.com/video/player.aspx
    I think she is just lying to herself about not knowing they're rip-offs. Both the Balenciaga and the McQueen are just too similar to be coincidences.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    From US Weekly; on the left, Balenciaga. On the right, Kenley's design:
    Usmagazine.com | News - US POLL: Project Runway Knock Off?
    This dress of Kenley's reminded me of one of my Grandma's Sunday dresses from when i was little. I kinda gagged a little when i thought of someone under 60 being expected to wear it. I'm glad Kenley didn't win, she was so unoriginal and such an ignorant bitch. I love Korto, and was hoping she'd win. Her colors were beautiful, but a lot of it was too stiff for my liking. I really liked Leanne's collection. If Korto wasn't going to be the winner, then I'm okay with Leanne. Anyone but Kenley.

Kenley has been painting that flower pattern for years. She would doodle them with highlighters in her notebooks.

Then maybe its time she came up with something new.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    Kenley has been painting that flower pattern for years. She would doodle them with highlighters in her notebooks.
    Balenciaga originally did a version of that dress back in the 50's...

^ Ok, I don't doubt you. I was just saying that she was doing that back in the 7th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    ^ Ok, I don't doubt you. I was just saying that she was doing that back in the 7th grade.
    I suspect Kenley is more influenced by other designers' fashions than she thinks she is. It's kind of like when a songwriter or writer is suspected of plagiarism, and they later realize that they unconsciously wrote something they had heard/read in the past. I'm sure she's not deliberately trying to "copy" designs...

Thread Information