Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Runway season 5

....Leanne to win.....Kenly to cry, sulk, pout, stomp her feet, cross her arms, frown, throw herself to the ground.....Korto to glare....

Leanne to lose, go back to her boring life and gay boyfriend

I totally think Leanne is going to win. Kenley has a lot of growing up to do. I know you know her taymarie but I just read an interview with Tim Gunn and he says the edit of their argument was in Kenley's favor. I think she needs to grow up and learn to play well with others.

Hit By Ban Bus!

taymarie knows her? Do tell! What tells me that Tim was in the right was how red his face got while he was talking to her. I have friends who are like that and it means they are boiling. There must have been more to it than was shown because Tim was a teacher at Parsons and I'm sure Kenley was not the first bratty student he's had to deal with. I've never seen him loose his cool like that. Not even with Wendy Pepper.

Wendy did at least listen to criticism even though she was a total tool.

I'm rooting for Korto.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Apparently Tim and Kenley are going to have Round Two next episode.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/fall-tv-guide/t...iew/?GT1=28103
    By Bret Federigan
    MSN TV

Tim Gunn just continues to make it work. The avuncular, unassuming fashion expert has returned for a second season of "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style," a reality series that remains focused on improving the wardrobe choices of everyday women. "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style" airs Thursdays at 11 p.m. ET/PT on Bravo. But it's been his work as the relentlessly understated mentor on "Project Runway" that has made him a favorite of viewers and has helped to secure that show's place among the most well-loved and critically acclaimed reality television series on the airwaves. MSN TV chatted with Tim Gunn, as he mused about the second season of "Guide to Style," his "Runway" skirmishes with designer Kenley and some of the fashion mistakes that addle American women.

MSN TV: How excited are you to come back for a second season of "Guide to Style"?

Tim Gunn: Well, I'm thrilled about it. I'll be really honest: I found the taping of Season 1 to be really difficult and really grueling. I know it was largely because it was our first season and we were finding our way and learning the ropes. But doing Season 2 was really a thrill, I have to say. A good part of that has to do with Gretta Monahan and what she's like to work with and how user-friendly she is. There's so much empathy she can give our fashion-challenged subjects. This is not in any way to denigrate Veronica Webb; I adore her. But when you're a supermodel, it's hard for someone to feel like they understand your issues.

Are there any other differences this season that viewers will notice besides that one?

In Season 1, we worked with individuals who had some major life issues. We had Laurie, who had had a near-fatal accident and a badly damaged leg with a very pronounced scar. We had Jan, who had gone through a profound weight loss. So we had people who were, in a way, rediscovering their bodies. And in Season 2, we have pretty normal people. They have cute figures, and they're attractive -- which is not to say that anyone on Season 1 wasn't -- but these women are simply fashion-challenged. So they're more like our viewing audience. They're more like the people out there who just can't quite get it right. I feel like the educational message of Season 2 is more potent and has more depth to it.

On the season premiere, you helped a young professional as she was transitioning from her life in Washington, D.C., to a new job in New York City. Are there regional rules when it comes to fashion? Should you dress a certain way if you're living in a certain part of the country?
    Absolutely. There are regional rules and codes of dress where you want to be part of the pack. It really is the semiotics of clothes: The clothes we wear sends a message about how we want to be perceived. When you are in D.C., you are going to dress a certain way. And when you're in New York on Wall Street, you're going to dress a certain way. If you're in fashion, you're going to dress another way. It's all a form of uniform, and it's about fitting in.

Like you, I grew up in Washington, D.C. And we both know it's not as fashion forward as New York City. How'd you end up getting into fashion and making the move to New York City?
    It was really moving from Washington, D.C., to New York in 1983 and working at Parsons for 24 years. Parsons is all about fashion. I mean, it's all about style and design, but fashion is arguably its most famous program. The collision of the two, being in New York and being at Parsons, for me meant that I had to recalibrate how I was presenting myself to the world and find a more enhanced fashion sense. I used to dress a certain way in New York for years. And when I was made chair of the department of fashion design in 2000, I remember meeting Diane von Furstenberg, whom I had known before I was chair and I had worked with. She was sitting in my office in the fashion department, and there was a way that she was looking at me that made me think, "Oh, I have to do something about this look." I was still a little too stodgy. So I ran out and bought a black leather blazer and thought, "I need to be a little more with it." In fact, I don't think anything in my wardrobe now is black except for shoes and belts. I bought a black suit, which I'm wearing right now. And black really became the signature for me, which is ho-hum. I mean that's nothing really revolutionary, but for me it was.

So, Tim, how did a college administrator like yourself end up involved with "Project Runway"?
    It was the Magical Elves producers. One of the principals there, Jane Lipsitz, called me in my role as chair of the fashion department. She said they were thinking about doing a fashion reality show. She and her partner Dan Cutforth were looking for a consultant in the industry. And I'll tell you, I told them I wasn't interested in meeting them. I said, "Fashion reality?! This industry has enough challenges without that!" And she said, "Just let us come in for about five minutes. We just want to meet with you. We've heard nice things about you, and we're talking to dozens and dozens of people in the industry." So, I thought, "OK." I then researched Jane and Dan and found out they were the "Project Greenlight" producers. I then thought, "All right. I know that that show has integrity and a real seriousness of purpose, so these at least are good, credible people." And when I met with them and found out they wanted to work with real fashion designers, I thought, "Well, this is interesting." We had a long conversation, and I became very excited about their project. I hoped that they were going to call me to become their consultant. At the time, my role on the show was in no one's vocabulary; it didn't exist! I worked with them in a consulting capacity for about six months. Then they asked me if I would go on the auditions, and I said, "Yes." It was during the auditions that they said they were thinking that they would need someone to be a mentor in the workroom. There was a general fear that, if we sent the designers into the workroom with a challenge, no one would talk. They would just do their work and show it on the runway. So by sending me in to probe and to query, it would at least elicit some dialogue. But I will tell you, the entire time we were taping Season 1 I never dreamed that I would actually appear on camera. There was no reason to have me there. As long as I was asking questions and as long as you were hearing the designers responding, no one had to see or hear me. So, no one is more surprised about this whole phenomenon than I am.

Well, it's not surprising why you've generated so much support from fans. You're credible without being condescending and funny without meaning to.
    I hope so. It's just me being me. I'm certainly not acting. I'm not getting into a role. I'm just doing what I do, and they capture it on camera.

So the Tim Gunn we see consulting with the designers in the "Runway" workroom is the same Tim Gunn who's consulted with generations of young designers at Parsons?
    Absolutely.

You must have come into contact with numerous young designers over the years. How often do you see designers who have that "it" factor?
    I see a lot of talented young people. But I have to add that it's a rarity to see someone and you know that this is somebody who is going to land in the pages of fashion history. Christian Siriano is one of those individuals. He's rare.

So, I can't help but pick your brain for some fashion advice for our viewers. What are some basics that all females need to have?
    I would first ask them a series of questions. But let's pretend they have nothing. I'd have them buy my 10 essential items. It's the basic black dress, a classic dress pant, a white shirt, a trench coat, a skirt, a day dress and just really core items. And then they can expand from there.

And what about our male viewers?
    It's a lot of the same items, with the exception of, of course, the dresses and skirts. You'd have a dark suit, the trench coat, a good pair of jeans, a white shirt, a dress pant and a blazer. It's many of the same items.

Tim, what are you wearing right now?
    I'm wearing a black suit, a white shirt with French cuffs, and cufflinks.

Please tell me you dress casual every once in a while.
    Yesterday I was wearing jeans all day. But I need to be on camera today. Not that I wasn't on camera yesterday, but I was in the workroom. And I'm wearing a plum-colored tie.

What is your least favorite fashion trend at the moment?
    My least favorite is the proliferation of Crocs. I don't understand them.

OK, I guess footwear is an easy one. What about wardrobe trends? What piece of clothing should people just stay away from?
    Well, anything that shows skin that is in the middle of your body. Anything that reveals that. And that's not to say low-rise jeans. Low-rise pants can fit women better than higher-rise pants. But you want to tuck a shirt in or have it hang over. You certainly don't want to see it!

Can you tell us a little bit about the next episode of "Guide to Style"?
    We have a concert pianist who wants to reposition her whole life and launch a line of beauty products. She's challenged by having a lot of performance gowns and really dull hanging-out clothes. She has a whole closet filled with these ball gowns that she would wear on the concert stage. So what does she do now to prepare herself for this new life? It's very interesting. I will tell you, though, that my favorite episode of the season is the one where I thought I was going to kill myself. There was this woman who just resisted everything, everything that Greta and I were trying to do with her. There is a showdown on the floor of Neiman Marcus, and it's great.

Did you lose it on screen? Did we see the always-together Tim Gunn get ruffled?
    Yup.

Viewers will want to know about the final two weeks of "Project Runway." I personally want to know if you and Kenley are going to have a heart-to-heart.
    Bret, I have to tell you, I don't know how much they're going to leave in with the edit, but Kenley and I go at it again.

The way they edit makes it seem like you're aloof to the fact that she's so rude to you. She's constantly rolling her eyes and making dismissive comments about you, and you don't seem to react.
    The editing is brilliant. You only see a mere portion of what actually goes on. The conversation I had with Kenley in the workroom was easily a good 15 to 20 minutes. During her home visit, we had a very amicable time, and I saw a warmer, more user-friendly side of Kenley. But when she returns for fashion week, she's back with her boat barrels blazing, let me tell you. But, you know she does this to herself. I simply call her on what I believe to be ill-advised decisions. And then of course she pushes back in her Kenley-like way. Then, you're like, "Fine. All right. Fine. Do whatever you want." It's like my old refrain, "I can't want you to succeed more than you do."

Any last words for your fans?
    I'm grateful to them for their loyalty and support. And I want all of us to navigate the world as well as we possibly can. And I wish them all the best for doing that.

Sound off: Comment on this story
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I would love to hang out with him.
    Kenley is an ungrateful twit.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

....Tim Gunn comes across as a classy chap....I'd like to have a drink with the guy.........he could come to Gossip Rocks and not ever get any demerits..........suave.....Cary Grant's uncle....or something...

Remember how Michael Kors made a reference to Alexander McQueen regarding Kenley's wedding dress? On this week's TV Guide Runway Recap with Chris March they show a picture of Kenley's dress side by side with the McQueen dress; they are exactly the same, down to the length of the skirt! It is from his February 2008 collection, so it is *possible* that Kenley could have seen it before. Chris called hers the "Alexander McKenley" dress; he also said her bridesmaids dress was a Balenciaga rip-off:

http://www.tvguide.com/video/player.aspx

Nice.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Wow, I almost hate to say it because styles can be so similar, but this is a flat out copy and Kenley should be DQd for it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have to wonder if the fight with Tim is a wee bit contrived. We got a clip of Kenley saying "what does Tim know" and lo and behold who is the final judge? So its fitting that the girl who trashed Tim's opinion is now going to be judged by him. But I do have to ask is it really boat barrels blazing? I thought it was both? Now off to check.....

Anyone see Seude's collection on youtube? It was horrible! I wonder if the rest of the final six have the same budget, because Suede's collection looked cheap and ugly

Joe's collection was well made but boring.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I like Leanne's collection but.... (and this is trivial) she needs to wash her hair!!! God it always looks stringy and greasy. Sorry but it bugs the shit out of me.

I want Korto to win. Kenley needs to go back and pull ropes on a tugboat or something.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Thread Information