Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 4

I'm worried because in the previews for next week he does seemed totally freaked out and maybe on the verge of tears. Those fawking models don't ever show up when they are supposed to.

....maybe he caught Ricky's Crying Disease....if he starts wearing trucker hats....we need to do an Intervention....

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I wonder why they didn't have anyone of Christian's friends to showoff like everyone else?
    I think his friends are people who are somewhat famous in the blog world, I know there were some personal pics on Trent's page (Pink is the New Blog) that included Christian and his boyfriend a couple weeks ago, it sounded like Trent's boyfriend, David, the owner of another gossip site, is friends with Christian.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I also liked Chris's three pieces MUCH better than Rami's. That middle dress (black and white horrible thing) that Nina was orgasming on was the most unflattering thing I have ever seen. It made that model look like she had MY hips, god love her. I think Chris using hair hurt him. I really do. The dress that Tim really loved didn't come off that well on the runway. But I just thought Rami's things were very blah. All of Chris's things, human hair or not were really interesting. I loved that sleeveless one...kinda shimmery. Think it was his second one.

I want Christian to win. Jillian just makes me want to...hit her. People talk about Christian's ego. Little Miss Thang is very stuck on herself. You just don't notice it because you are mentally blocking her whiny voice.

And Rami, we get it. You are from Jerusalem. Dear god.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Poor Chris.

I have yet to see this latest episode..but I think Rami is overrated and thinks too highly of himself. Plus he is not THAT attractive. Sister Xtian is just too much..(although I LOVED the 'Ferosha Coutura' who sprayed girls in the eyes with hairspray!!! ) and Jillian is just blah and too many damn tight jackets! I really do not care who wins it now. They are all ok I guess. Just nobody I am really rooting for.

I bet Sister Xtian won it though.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I know who won cause I've seen it on all the blogs. But I still really want to see the finale. I found the human hair really revolting. But Chris does have talent. Jillian came off really full of herself. jesus.

The hair was donated hair. It's not like he ruthlessly scalped people or took hair from people interred in a concentration camp. lol. It is not too different than people who wear real hair extensions or human hair wigs. It is just wearing it differently. I agree with Soj that Chris's designs were MUCH better.

The sad thing is the judges wanted Rami in there so badly they created this extra challenge. It pissed them off that precious Rami might not make it in so they chastised him and sent him off. All he had to do was do something different to get in. That was it. It didn't have to be good- just different. Chris was destined to lose this challenge.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

I think another thing working against Chris was the fact he'd been voted off once before. They brought him back, yes, but there was already some grumbling about fairness. I suspect they thought they'd have some serious controversy if they officially allowed him a spot at Bryant Park and let him compete for the win.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^I agree, plus, I must admit that he was the oldest one and seemed more out of the loop on current fashions and styles (like me!).....

I liked his stuff, but it was more classical in some ways than the others'......

....I can't stand any of the last three, so I don't know whether to keep watching or not.....the clothes that I've seen so far are all ugly and dark and morbid....uck.....I never thought I'd miss Uli.....

Chris's stuff was sooo much better than Rami's. Its a shame he didn't get a chance to show because he would have made a real competition with Christian and Jill-pill. Rami's shit doesn't stand a chance. Can you said third place?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ok so now I did see the episode. And poor Chris. Still feel the same. I guess Sister Xtian is probably the best or most promising of the final 3 so I guess I hope 'Ferosha' won. And damn did he hate Ricky( the human river of tears! )

^^after seeing the closet he lives in, I begin to hope he does win just so the poor kid can get a decent room! No wonder he bounces around, I would be manic, too, stuck in a place smaller than a jail cell......

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ^^after seeing the closet he lives in, I begin to hope he does win just so the poor kid can get a decent room! No wonder he bounces around, I would be manic, too, stuck in a place smaller than a jail cell......
    given the built in closets and dresser, my bedroom is 7.5 feet by 9 feet..so he gets no sympathy from me! Whether or not he wins he will do well for himself and be 'out of his closet' (HA!) soon.

Christian and Tim Gunn have a Walk-off. Love it!!

Bravo TV Video - Clearspring

Chris March interview with AfterElton.

Interview with "Project Runway's" Chris March | AfterElton.com

If there was one contestant on this season’s Project Runway who seemed to smile the most or give off the peppiest positive energy, it would have to be Chris March. The San Francisco native brought a big, brassy design sense as sparkling and theatrical as the Golden Gate Bridge to the each episode, and gays across America emitted a collective sigh of disappointment when he finally got the boot this past week.

And as fans know, Chris’s continued success on the show was won on a weekly basis. He first got aufd on episode four, but when fellow designer Jack Mackenroth had to depart the show due to a nasty staph infection, Chris was given a second chance and allowed to re-enter the fray.

From then on, he tended to rein in his drag-meets-burlesque-meets- crazy-crafty design sense to keep his work from appearing too “costume-y”. Given a second chance, he wound up snagging two wins — the “avant-garde” challenge upon which he and Christian collaborated, and the World Wrestling Entertainment Divas challenge (a task he was born for) and ultimately made the final four.
    While it was sad to see Chris leave the show before showing in Bryant Park as part of the final three, the upside is the chance to chat with the delightful designer about his experiences during the competition. Chris holds forth on his departure from Project Runway, contending with the bratty Christian, his special bond with Rami, doing drag, and being a big, out gay man on TV. And yes, he dishes on who he think will ultimately win and why.

AfterElton.com: It has been so much fun seeing you on the show this season. What were your thoughts watching the episode this past week? Chris March: I’ll say that I was a little bit nervous to watch, since I’ve been down this road before. I knew I was being eliminated at the end, and I think the way that they portrayed my exit was really incredibly nice, and I think they gave me a lot of credit. They showed the judges giving me a lot of compliments, and in the end, if you can’t win, I think one of the greatest things is to have your work shown and appreciated and respected.

AE: What was it like given that this week we were told you weren’t going to be showing at Bryant Park, but we know that the final five designers did show? How does that strange scenario work?
    CM:
    Um, I’m not sure I am allowed to speak to that. I’d better not.

AE: Gotcha. But at least people got to see parts of your collection, either on TV this week or those who were in the tents at Bryant Park.
    CM:
    Well, yes, and Rami and I had to make complete collections. And it was an interesting process to do all of that. Neither one of us knew what was going to happen with the outcome, so we just had to bring our collections and let the chips fall where they may.

AE: You noted in your exit interview that’s online that you feel that Rami went on to the final three because he needed it more than you did. What did you mean by that exactly?
    CM:
    I didn’t mean it as a jab at all, it’s just that he is a very successful fashion designer, and I don’t necessarily feel that my future is exclusively in the fashion world. So it makes perfect sense for Rami to move on to the finals because in his world of fashion, he needs to win.
    I have gotten a lot of benefit from just being on the show, but if I would have gone to the finale instead of Rami, I would have felt terrible because he’s this fashion titan, and I know what it feels like to get eliminated. It would have been terrible.

AE: Going in a different direction, do you think Project Runway positively furthers the image of gay people on TV?
    CM:
    Absolutely. I think one of the greatest things about Project Runway, and about a lot of the Bravo shows, is that they just put gay people on television. They don’t talk about it, they don’t make a big deal about it. You are there like everyone else is there. And if you talk about being gay it’s fine, if you don’t talk about being gay it’s fine. It’s like the real world should be. And I was definitely made to feel comfortable, and just to be however I wanted to be.

AE: Was it nice to represent a gay person on TV — obviously you’re a big guy — who’s not the cookie-cutter type of gay guy?
    CM:
    Yes! [laughing very loudly]

AE: Did you feel they did a good job representing you, or were there moments when you watched and thought, “Ugh, what are they doing?”
    CM:
    No, one of the surprising things to me about the show was when I started watching, I was a little nervous. But then I looked at it and I thought, “You know what? That’s me.” I also do think it was interesting for them to put me on the show, as a different type of gay person. I think that was maybe a little challenging for some people.

AE: And by different do you mean your size, or your age, or…?
    CM:
    And that I also do drag and I’m not like a guy just walking down the street in Chelsea — although I’m always walking down the street in Chelsea! But gay men come in all shapes and sizes and types, and obviously I think a lot of people ended up really liking me, which was a total shock.

AE: How was getting along with Christian for you?
    CM:
    It’s funny. I have to say that now I defend Christian to people all day long. They come up to me and say, “he’s so annoying!” And sure, he’s annoying. Fine. But he is very talented and he’s soooo funny. And underneath all that stuff, he actually has a really good heart. They portrayed him as being maybe a little more annoying than he really is, and they didn’t show him doing all of his really funny stuff and just talking. He’s very interesting. He’s had a lot of very interesting experiences for a 21-year-old. And he’s just kind of magically brilliant. Where did that come from? He’s 21!

AE: And what’s Rami really like?
    CM:
    Rami, to me — and I’ve said this to him — is like the little brother that I never had. I don’t know why Rami and I hit it off so much. They’ve shown that close-up of us holding hands in the reunion show over and over again. And I’m wearing an “R” around my neck in that episode, so people were like, “Chris and Rami are dating!” I'm like, “Oh, pleeeease.” Rami has the most gorgeous boyfriend on earth, so everybody can just get over it.
    But I don’t know… He and I just really hit it off on a really affectionate level. There was just no reason to hate each other. We got that. If we’d hated each other, it would have been a waste of energy.

AE: Do you stay in touch with the other contestants?
    CM: I’m definitely closest with Sweet P and Ricky [Lizalde] and Rami. And I, of course, have been in contact with Christian and Jillian. Most of the others, it’s just kind of how it fell. I really liked everybody on the show; it was an amazing group of people. But I think Sweet P and I really hit it off because we were the two oldest people, by far. So we just would kind of look at each other and go “Oh, God. What was it like to be 21?”

AE: Who is going to win?
    CM:
    I think Christian is going to win.
    AE: Why?
    CM:
    Because, just in the nature of the three finale shows that are being judged, I think that Christian’s is the one to beat. I think that his brilliant creativity was put in hyper-drive and he went for it, and he went for it with the gusto of a 21-year-old. And you can see it. It’s amazing. His collection is amazing. If they want to see couture and creative and fashion-forward, it’s Christian, hands down.

AE: The constant refrain that came up with regards to your design work was that, “Oh, you need to rein it in, or it’s too costume-y…” Did you really have to censor yourself style-wise as you were designing?
    CM:
    Definitely. Especially after I was brought back. I realized that they were not going to accept any sort of costume-y anything from me, at all. So I was really careful with editing what I showed them, and just tried to go as completely as “fashion” as possible.
    And in the final collections as well, there was this fine line to go down, because certainly Christian made a very costume-y final collection, which is wonderful. But I think if I had done that, they would have slaughtered me. That’s just the nature of the show.

AE: Where do your inspirations come from?
    CM:
    Actually, that’s one of the interesting things that I think I learned about myself during the filming of the show, how I’m really inspired by the materials. I found that going to fabric stores was really what got me going, which I’d never really experienced before. I’m usually inspired by the task. Somebody will say, “We need this, and it needs to look like this, and it needs to do this, and we want it to be funny and this big,” and then I come up with an idea for that. But left to my own devices to come up with a fashion collection I was really inspired by materials, and just kind of my own ideas about what I wanted to see on the runway.

AE: So it’s not a matter of like, “Oh, I’m all about old movies, or Sunset Boulevard or…”
    CM:
    Well, sure. For this final collection, I was definitely inspired by Almodovar films, and Isabel Toledo. And a little bit of Sweeney Todd thrown in for good measure.

AE: I loved the episode when Roberto Cavalli was the guest judge and he praised you effusively. What was going on in your mind when that was happening?
    CM:
    It was overwhelming. It was like, “this is now serious.” I mean we’ve had some really great judges, but it was Roberto Cavalli, for God’s sake! And when the judging started and he said that he envisioned me showing in Paris and all that, I was just shaking. And I was crying — they didn’t show me cry as much as I did on that episode — but I was just overwhelmed by the fact that someone like him saw what he saw in my look. I put it all in there and I was happy that he saw it.

AE: Of the three regular judges, who did you feel most understood where you were coming from?
    CM:
    Nina Garcia. I think because she can see things from an editorial point of view, like what would shock and provoke and be interesting in a photo shoot — which she actually said to me a couple of times, how “this could be a photo shoot ready for the pages of Elle magazine.” I think Michael Kors is more about what will sell, because he sells clothing. And I think Heidi is more about what she wants to wear.
    AE: Do the three of them balance each other?
    CM:
    I think they do. Their points of view are very different. I wish they would disagree a bit more, but maybe they just don’t. It’s a fascinating mix.

AE: And in this last episode, did your use of human hair hurt you?
    CM:
    I’m not sure. Probably, but that doesn’t matter to me, because it’s not always about winning or losing a competition. It’s about being true to yourself and your creativity, and also just showing people that the idea in life is to take some risks. If you don’t, you’re never going to change anything. And I thought it looked amazing on television. Whether they disagreed about whether it’s usable and wearable, that’s their perspective.
    AE: Michael Kors noted in his blog response to that episode, that he was “repelled and attracted at the same time” by the hair. They all seemed surprised by the hair, but they also seemed to appreciate the fact that you challenged them.
    CM:
    I was very happy that weren’t completely turned off. It was challenging for them. Hey, I finally challenged the judges! And I have to give them credit for not just running in terror. [laughs]

AE: What was your favorite moment of the entire experience?
    CM:
    Probably getting to make the avant-garde look. Because I felt like I had been cruising along on the show and not really getting to show my real imagination. And I loved working with Christian. That whole episode was truly a joy. And we also got the ad in Elle magazine, so that was really fantastic.

AE: When Sarah Jessica Parker guest-starred on the show, you had a couple of big moments responding to her. What was that like for you?
    CM:
    The idea of Sarah Jessica Parker has a lot of meaning for me, of course, as I explained. I’ve always loved New York, but watching Sex and the City made me really want to move to New York. And I’ve been through a lot since I’ve moved here, and just to have this kind of amazing moment, to have her walk in the door and be in front of us on Project Runway was just every gay guy’s dream come true. Carrie Bradshaw in the flesh!

AE: What’s been the craziest fan moment you’ve experienced?
    CM:
    Well, I don’t know if I can say… I will say that I’ve been shocked by the amount of emails I’ve gotten from men who want to go out with me! And who think I’m really cute and who want to lick me from head to toe.

AE: It’s interesting noting that all of the final four collections on the show — from what we’ve seen so far — are very dark. They’re dark in palette and dark in tone. A friend watching with me said, “Well, it’s the times we’re living in.”
    CM:
    I do think that’s true. I think that’s where part of my feeling for the collection came from, because we are living in a very — “dark” is a simple way of putting it — but we’re living in a time in which it’s kind of hard to find some hope. So I think when you feel that way, you need to express it, and that helps to get it out. Maybe we were all feeling that way.

AE: And can you tell me anything about Jillian? What’s she like? CM: The great thing about Jillian — and I wish this had happened sooner — she finally started letting go a little bit. As the show progressed, her character came out more and more, and I think near the end, people are seeing, “Oh, look — she’s actually very funny.” She’s very clever and well-spoken and she’s not just quiet and meek. She doesn’t want to talk and joke, like I do. That’s just her work style.

AE: I have to say, too, that I loved how the show had so much fun showing you in drag, showing those shots of you as Wonder Woman or Cruella…
    CM:
    Let me tell you, the day after the prom challenge where they showed so many pictures of me in drag, my website got 60,000 hits.
    AE: It’s ChrisMarchDesign.com, right?
    CM:
    Yes, and that whole side of things has been amazing. My website has gotten a million hits since January 1st. It’s nuts!
    AE: And what’s next for you?
    CM:
    I have lots of different offers right now. I’ve got an offer to be the costume designer on a big-budget Hollywood movie, and I’ve always wanted to write and produce and design a theatrical show in New York, and there seems to be some interest in that now, since people have seen me on television. And it’s been amazing to meet all of these incredible fans. People have just gushed so much love in my direction, I wish everybody could have this experience.

Thread Information