Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Runway 4

Sorry to butt into this thread, but if Rami wins, I cry FOUL. Because get this: he's represented by the same (smallish West Coast) sales & PR firm that represented LAST year's winner Jefferey.... butitdidntcomefromme. And trust me: I know this to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by tenebrous_girl View Post
    I think Jillian is the best designer there even though she seems frail in her ambitiousness.
    I've wondered a lot about her persona and confidence. It seems like there's something more going on than being reserved. While it's refreshing to see someone without a brash attitude, I have to think she's going to be run over in the fashion world. I hope not. She's a fav of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Sorry to butt into this thread, but if Rami wins, I cry FOUL. Because get this: he's represented by the same (smallish West Coast) sales & PR firm that represented LAST year's winner Jefferey.... butitdidntcomefromme. And trust me: I know this to be true.
    I think Rami is insanely talented and definitely has a niche cut out for himself. He's professional and self-assured in a way beyond his years. However, I also think a lot of his attitude on this show has been so self-important and entitled that I can't root for him.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Ah man, I have a WHOLE long rant on Project Runway, hold onto your hats. I work in the fashion industry, so I am not speaking out of turn, so to say.

Much as I ADORE Jefferey and Rami's work, I have to tell you all this: they are distinctly different from the other contestants. They both have well-established fashion lines, have dressed WAY more celebs than PR made clear on the show. So much so that they are in such a position to be able to afford showroom representation - this is considered a 'brass ring' in advancing as a fashion designer. It means that each fashion season, buyers from all dept. stores and boutiques can come to a showroom in a fashion building and view your line and purchase it for their stores. this is the primary way that boutiques the world over 'discover' designers to stock in their boutiques.

BOTH Jeffrey and Rami have been VERY well represented and self-supporting in their sales, both domestically and internationally, PRIOR to PR. And I'm telling you all this from first-hand knowledge. In addition to that, they both had a TEAM of publicists working to get celebs in their clothing and mentions in the media.

Thats completely different from the other contestants who worked for other corporations. Those other contestants lended their skills to other name-brands: they didnt develop that sense of their own artistic identity. In the fashion industry, thats the typical course for a designer: after fashion school, you go to work for a corporation, say Ralph Lauren. And you test your skills and learn and grow and hope to advance to the point of making a name for yourself.

Well, Rami and Jeffery already did both things. Its a completely different skill set and I think the way PR is conducted, its misleading. They make it out like all these designers are equal, and they are not.

My other issue is the time constraints. These designers could create AMAZING and more equally competitive garments if they were given say, 3 days. You could zap through this easily on TV. And of course they would all have the same time to access equal supplies. This 3-hour etc thing, IMO, is limiting the show and the true talents of the designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    This 3-hour etc thing, IMO, is limiting the show and the true talents of the designers.
    And adding another constraint for contestants who don't walk in with the advantages of a Rami? I wonder why the playing field is set up like this. Could be so much more intriguing if all contestants began at the relatively same starting line.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I don't know why I always thought the contestants were just amateurs, but I did until this season. Jillian has worked for Ralph Lauren, Ricky has done lingerie for someone else etc.

I actually find Jillian's stuff really boring. I liked the black trench she did, but that has been it. She is also really annoying and blah.

As annoying as Christian is, I am starting to think he will be in the final three. Rami will be there simply because the judges think he shits gold or something. He is talented but I am tired of seeing him drape everyone. The denim challenge made him step away from that, which is good. I think Nina would bed him if she could. lol
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

....I need Crying Boy to be gone......need........I'd even take Christian's twin brother (if there were one and the mother hadn't killed him) if we could be rid of Crying Boy......

I am not a violent man....and I do not want to give him the respect of my fist....but I would LOVE to slap him.....several times....until he quit crying......
    ....and his clothes are ugly........

I'm hesitant to say it, lest I jinx the hell out of him, but I can't help it - I love Christian and want him to win. I think he's has the most natural talent and the way he envisions things is remarkable. I also think he has a cute personality, but I'm fairly sure I'm the minority in that.

I thawed a little towards Ricky this week. His dress was cute, and certainly the best thing he's done, but I don't think he should've won. Victorya acted predictably princessy and like a snootface - that coat was atrocious.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

According to my favorite, ProjectRunGay, it won't be on this week.

I have no idea what I will watch tomorrow after work.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    According to my favorite, ProjectRunGay, it won't be on this week.

I have no idea what I will watch tomorrow after work.
    When I realized there is not a new episode tonight, my first thought was "What am I supposed to do tonight, then?" It's sad, but I plan my Wednesday evenings around this show.

I need to get a life!

Glad Victorya is gone. Ricky finally made something i liked. And you could tell that Christian was pissed that Ricky beat him. I liked his jeans,but not the jacket so much. I loved Sweet P's dress, I really wanted her to win.

It's BAAAACCCKKKKKKK tonight, Kittens!!!!!

Also, head over to Project Rungay. They have linked footage of VictorYA's runway show at fashion week.

Hint- I took a lovely little catnap after viewing.

Finally. I love the irony that the one and only episode where Ricky doesn't cry like a 2 year-old is when he gets the axe. I wish we'd seen more from Heatherette - Richie Rich fascinates me.

I want to see what Christian can make with several thousand dollars and a few months. Everything he makes impresses me. *loves him*

I didn't catch it last night....but I'm planning on watching tonight....especially now that I know that Crying Boy is GONE!!!!.....I swear I was boycotting until they threw him out....

I still don't know who I want to win.....

So glad Rickey is gone. I loved Chris' outfit but really thought Christian should have won this one. I also thought Rami should have been in the bottom two instead of Sweet P. I hope to see a Sweet P, Christian and Chris top three but I know I won't get that lucky!

I'm thinking the top three will be Christian, Jillian, and either Chris or Rami.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information