Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Please any one suggest me one best horror movie to watch??

The Blob, 1988 version...because it's hysterically funny.
    Blood Feast, 1963. The granddaddy of all the blood and gore movies, so wretchedly bad, it's good.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    The Blob, 1988 version...because it's hysterically funny.
    Blood Feast, 1963. The granddaddy of all the blood and gore movies, so wretchedly bad, it's good.
    Bitter is my horror movie brother from another mother. I LOVED the Blob the first minute I saw it. Absolutely terrific, horrifying special effects -- especially for its time. The guy getting sucked down the drainpipe by the Blob? Wow. The boyfriend who gets killed right off disgusting, scary special effect and kind of a violation of horror-movie norms. Plus Kevin Dillon with a mullet.

"Blood Feast". This is one of several landmark Herschell Gordon Lewis movies. The guy was a respected ad executive - who actually wrote books on the subject. But he veered into nudie movies and then into these incredibly explicit gore-filled films. I think his most famous is "10,000 Maniacs", which had a great concept going for it, but had the usual schlocky Herschell Gordon Lewis execution of it.
    BITTER likes this.

Fucking 1958 Blob theme song stuck in my head now. AAARARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!
    ManxMouse and Bluebonnet like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

The version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers with Donald Sutherland.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Bitter is my horror movie brother from another mother. I LOVED the Blob the first minute I saw it. Absolutely terrific, horrifying special effects -- especially for its time. The guy getting sucked down the drainpipe by the Blob? Wow. The boyfriend who gets killed right off disgusting, scary special effect and kind of a violation of horror-movie norms. Plus Kevin Dillon with a mullet.
    Dude - KISMET!!! I love this movie!! When Ricky Paul Goldin's character buys it, the chuckles start for me and don't end...between Kevin's mullet and Shawnee Smith's overacting and pinwheel bangs...it's an 80s love fest!!

"Blood Feast". This is one of several landmark Herschell Gordon Lewis movies. The guy was a respected ad executive - who actually wrote books on the subject. But he veered into nudie movies and then into these incredibly explicit gore-filled films. I think his most famous is "10,000 Maniacs", which had a great concept going for it, but had the usual schlocky Herschell Gordon Lewis execution of it.
    And I swear some of the actors were reading their lines off of cue cards, especially Connie Mason, Playboy Playmate turned "actress". On some level, Lewis knew that no one would take this movie seriously. Just so many hysterical moments...if I were 25 again, I'd smoke a couple of doobies with my brother and watch this shit....

Fuad!!
    ManxMouse and MohandasKGanja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Looooove this one! New Zealand comedy that I've seen really appeals to me.
    "Petr is 8000 years old. He's not coming to the flat meeting."

And of course the Swearwolves. And the Beast.
    ManxMouse and twitchy2.0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    "Petr is 8000 years old. He's not coming to the flat meeting."

And of course the Swearwolves. And the Beast.
    I love Vlad's explanation of why they prefer victims who are virgins. "Like if you were going to eat a sandwich, you would just enjoy it more if you knew no one had fucked it."
    twitchy2.0 and VeraGemini like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I've been forcing everyone I know to watch it.
    ManxMouse likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    The version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers with Donald Sutherland.
    I love, love, love this movie. In my opinion, it is like an intellectual version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Everyone is super intelligent. Very early role for Jeff Goldblum, who is great. Then, you have Veronica Cartright at her histrionic best. Plus, I have a HUUUUUUUGE crush on Brooke Adams (who has been married to Tony Shalhoub forever in real life). Sutherland is great. And Leonard Nimoy was a great bonus. It still comes on cable frequently. The one scene I always try to hang out for (beside Adams walking through the factory, hissing), is the dog with the old man's face on it, with banjo music playing in the background. That is pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Dude - KISMET!!! I love this movie!! When Ricky Paul Goldin's character buys it, the chuckles start for me and don't end...between Kevin's mullet and Shawnee Smith's overacting and pinwheel bangs...it's an 80s love fest!!

And I swear some of the actors were reading their lines off of cue cards, especially Connie Mason, Playboy Playmate turned "actress". On some level, Lewis knew that no one would take this movie seriously. Just so many hysterical moments...if I were 25 again, I'd smoke a couple of doobies with my brother and watch this shit....

Fuad!!
    I've only seen Blood Feast once, but it was so mind bendingly weird that I imagine that it must be what taking drugs is like. Do you know Lewis, the director and creator, died just 5 months ago??? He was 90. Born in almost the same place, and at the same time, as my dad, God bless'em. With the Blob, forgot to mention the vagrant guy stuck to the ceiling. Great jump scare!
    BITTER and HWBL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I've only seen Blood Feast once, but it was so mind bendingly weird that I imagine that it must be what taking drugs is like. Do you know Lewis, the director and creator, died just 5 months ago??? He was 90. Born in almost the same place, and at the same time, as my dad, God bless'em. With the Blob, forgot to mention the vagrant guy stuck to the ceiling. Great jump scare!
    I didn't know he was dead? . Too bad. He was brilliant and pretty much invented the gore genre. RIP dude.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information